Ratings for Dr. Eli L. Brown

Dr. Brown saw me for each one of my prenatal visits. I never saw or had to talk to another doctor my whole pregnancy. When I went in labor, another dr was on call, but Dr. Brown came in on his off day and took care of me and delivered my baby. I didn't know a dr would do that. I appreciated the personal care. I love Dr. Brown!! He is so soft spoken, answered all my questions and put me at ease. The whole staff was professional and always pleasant. I strongly suggest you go to Dr. Brown for a wonderful pregnancy experience. He makes you feel like you're his only patient and not like a number.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

My coworker recommended me to Dr. Brown after I found out I was pregnant. I decided to do some research before I made my appointment. I've never experienced any of this behavior from Dr. Brown's. I absolutely love Dr. Brown. When I was seeing my previous dr I never spoke to her when I had questions or concerns when I was pregnant with my first baby. Dr. Brown called me each and every time I called him. I love Dr. Brown. He's a great dr and his staff is not bad at all. If you're looking for a good doctor, I would suggest making an appointment with Dr. Brown.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Brown for 6 years now. I transferred from another dr at Brookwood hospital after a very bad experience. My sister referred me to him because he delivers his own patients. After my first appointment with him, I was very impressed. He's very soft spoken and nice. The staff was very friendly. They were running a little behind, but they apologized and got me to the back as quickly as possible. Dr. Brown explained that the young ladies up front were new and apologized again. I think Dr. Brown is a wonderful doctor. He sat down with me and answered all of my questions. I would highly recommend him to anyone looking for a caring doctor who returns all of his calls personally and delivers all of his own babies.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

He's alright until you question his work or comment on his staff. After that, it's down hill. His after hours manners and staff are horrible. He's argumentative and he does not like to be wrong. Please find another doctor.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

I have heard wonderful things about Dr. Brown, So I scheduled an appointment to see Dr. Eli Brown, but never got that far, because the staff that work in the office where he works are awful, they are very rude. We were experiencing problems with our insurance on that particular day & the office staff would not in any way help. My husband told them that he would just pay cash, that I really needed to see the doctor. They flat told him NO & suggested that he take me to the emergency room. My husband stepped out of the office to call our insurance company to see what was going on & the staff (about 3-4 people) could be heard discussing our situation among themselves. The waiting area was very full, so everyone heard this. The staff had no clue what was going on with our insurance, but decided to talk amongst themselves about how maybe we should pay our bills & we would have insurance. (very loudly) There were other things that was said as well, that they found to be hilarious. (FYI, we pay our bills, because upon leaving this terrible office, we went to the E.R. and our insurance was accepted just fine, they had no problems running it & when we explained what had happened, they were shocked & said the staff could have done more to try & help.) Dr. Eli Brown was informed about the staffs awful behavior & he called my husband personally & apologized. He was embarrassed & shocked by their behavior on that day. I really do not feel as if these people should be employed in this particular job area, obviously patient information is not private, they like to discuss it among themselves (loudly) for other people to hear. If you choose this doctors office, just beware of the staff!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

His beside manner is top notch. I am glad I chose him as by obstetrician and will keep him as my gynecologist.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2015

Dr. Brown is one of the best doctors I have ever had. The way that he speaks to you is so calming and respectful. I wish I could say the same about his staff, his front office staff is terrible. no personality, never a smile or kind word. It's a shame that such a wonderful doctor has such a terrible support staff

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Wonderful doctor, his staff beside his nurse is terrible. His nurse is very sweet and helpful. The nurse that does the appointments is terrible she don't give details of nothinf I gave her a day tosetup a surgery she at like I was talking to the paper and no curiosity at all

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

As a former patient of Dr. Brown's I can truly say he is a remarkable doctor. He's extremely thorough and takes his time to explain everything BUT his office staff is beyond terrible! My sister switched doctors in her 7th month of pregnancy because of the rude behavior of his staff. They have no professionalism or people skills, which is horrible because he is wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr Brown is the best doctor I have ever had. He is very professional and seems to generally care about his patients. He is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Dr. Eli L. Brown's Credentials

• La State Univ Sch Of Med In Shreveport, Shreveport La 71130 (Grad. 1989)