Ratings for Dr. T M Campbell

I was a this Monster's patient twice, as my abusive husband managed to have me committed there. He immediately put me on a bunch of highly addictive psychiatric drugs that I didn't require. I begged him to take me off of them, but he refused. One day I refused to take them, so he put me in a windowless isolation room with just a mattress on the floor and I wasn't allowed to leave except to use the bathroom until I agreed to take them again. He'd call in my abusive husband while I was in his office and there two of them would both verbally and mentally attack me. The only good thing that happened was he made me attend classes when I was there. One was a Self Esteem class. The second admission I challenged Dr Campbell's committal and requested a meeting with the board. He immediately dropped the Form 10, so I went home and started making plans to leave my ten-year abusive marriage. It's been 11 years since I've left and I've never been happier. I sure hope this nightmare of a monster isn't still practicing there, because he's worse than a horror movie.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2018

This man is an horrific bully and should never have access to fragile patients. He is the stuff upon which mental hospital horror shows are based. During my family member's stay in Ponoka, he lied to and yelled at the patient and several of our family members. He refused to listen to anything any of us said about the history and health of the patient. My family member has been in and out of hospital throughout his/her life. This is the first doctor we have seen like this in nearly 20 years. Not only did he refuse medical care to the patient, saying he was "not a medical doctor" he "just treats their minds", but he also drugged the patient to the point the patient was unable to stand up for his/her rights. The patient was so afraid of him that he/she withdrew the request for a hearing. He must derive some kind of financial benefit from keeping patients longer than necessary. He wanted to keep my family member for eight more weeks, when it usually takes about a week...two at most...to stabilize him/her. He/she had gone willingly to hospital for help, but Dr. Campbell refused to release him/her once stable. It took MUCH longer than necessary due to the experimental drugs that were administered by this monster. We nearly lost our family member due to Dr. Campbell's treatment. We WILL be filing a complaint with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta. It is difficult to understand why the nurses and pharmacist, who are witnesses to this abuse of the patients day in and day out do not report him. There were several very kind nurses, but I have rated his staff as low as I have rated Dr. Campbell because he should NOT be allowed to practice. His "40 years of experience" were clearly wasted on him. He should be in prison with the rest of the predators. I wish there was a zero star rating.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

He doesn’t want to hear anything that I have to say. He thinks that he knows everything because he has been a doctor for 40 years. He is a bully and treats us with total disrespect.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2018

Dr Campbell is my doctor for 15 years, he put me on medications which are working for me very well. To my opinion he is the best doctor I ever had.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2017

I am incredulous that he would be #14 of 23 family doctors in Ponoka. I shudder to think that there are doctors worse than him. He is without a doubt the worst doctor I have come across in my life and should be escorted to the door and told to 'have a good life'....unlike the people you have supposedly treated.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

I feel Dr. Campbell is a rude, loud mouthed bully who belittles you and actually makes you feel worse instead of better. He has said to me on more than one occasion 'Well if you really wanted to kill yourself you'd be dead by now'. Really? Seriously? This said to a vulnerable psych patient who has strong suicidal feelings...my response was silence, every time due to shock. In dealing with him I maintain eye contact, maintain my composure even if he doesn't, and speak in a controlled voice stating my views. I will say, I disagree with you. Sometimes I get a good response from him because I stand up to him, use eye contact & I am intelligent in my responses. It's very hard to deal with him and I've witnessed many people scarred by him. Sometimes people are so upset after talking with him. It's the other patients that offer more help to each other than him oftentimes. A very hurtful comment was made regarding my appearance on more than one occasion. In one session he went on and on about how I should change my hairstyle,etc. I did have plans to have my hair cut and coloured & styled but not for him. His comment later was 'oh I see you got your hair done but you didn't change your hair style' I thought I looked good and felt good about myself but his response was disappointing and made me angry. He would tell me my hair was greasy. I tried to shower at least every other day if not every day. I didn't have the need to be all 'made-up' just to please him. I did do the basics but was put down so often. The odd time he might say something nice which is why 2 stars instead of 1.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2017

Didn't realize doctors were even allowed to conduct themselves in such a terrible manner.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017

Just disappointed and shocked that a Doctor would conduct himself in such a way. It's good to know he has 40 years experience. Not sure in what. Patients are expected to behave! Doesn't set a good example when he chooses to yell and belittle. If it would make a difference I would find a way to report him....but sadly nothing would be done.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

I went to the centennial Center to receive the very best help for my anxiety and troubled mind. For someone dealing with anxiety, coming to hospital came with a lot of worries. Dr. Campbell made me feel like a criminal from the moment I met him. He continued to be my doctor for several weeks and amplified my symptoms. It was the very worst experience of my life. I feel this doctor took away my dignity and any confidence I had in the mental health system and myself. I went there to get help and find tools to help me in my life. I came out feeling much worse and my other Doctor quickly took me off all medications Doctor Campbell put me on. I believe this man should not be allowed to practice psychiatry, especially at a Center like this. I cannot say enough about what a terrible manipulative human being he is. I feel he has hindered my path to recovery. I am scared to go get the help I need because of my terrifying experience with Dr. Campbell.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

This is not a psychiatrist he had me in panoka for 6 weeks and on last 4 days realized I was gorifobic cannot leave my house. Now says I can work...NOT A PSYCHIATRIST AND IS A FAKE how do I work I tried to leave my house twice passed out once fainted once...he's no good please get second opinion.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016