Ratings for Dr. Kevin Shiffman

STAY AWAY....period. I am not a doctor but if I was...this doctor would be diagnosed with a serious case of narcissism. It's frightening he is a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Let me just start by saying that I wish the absolute best for Dr Kevin Shiffman. The reason for me seeing him was because I took a precautionary consultation to see if a series of concussions was impacting me on a mental level as much as on a neurological level. I really respect this about Dr shiffman: he didn't think there was anything wrong with me, and he let me know that. He said that e doesn't think a psychiatrist is the right person to be seeing, and I should perhaps consult a dentist or neurologist to figure out an objectively physical symptom I've been experiencing. Here is my opinion on him as an option for a psychiatrist: Honestly, I would stay away from dr shiffman- . He didn't strike me as a person who's mentally and emotionally secure with himself. Here's why- . I thought these other reviews were fake or written by the same person. But it's actually true. He actually does talk about his Mercedes, his house in rosedale, and how he would have been much skinnier if not for his surgery that he had a couple of years ago. Not that these are wrong things to talk about, and these are great things that I'm happy he's achieved in his life. I want to state clearly that I have the utmost love for the guy and I don't feel negatively towards him, but I felt it's right to share my experience, and my experience is that I've never met a person that exudes insecurity and egoism as much as Dr shiffman does. Some additionally relevant notes about my impression are that he is not a good listener. If he misheard you or didn't hear you say something, and you kindly correct him or repeat yourself, he will insist that you were wrong. When I was sharing my story and he was taking notes, he actually missed an important detail that I spoke about but wouldn't admit that he may have missed it while he was busy taking notes. I'm sure he's very knowledgeable and experienced, but I think he's one of the least self-aware and least socially acute people I've ever met. In my opinion, His mind isn't In a place where he's ready to help other people with their mind. This is All coming from a place of love and compassion. I have nothing against Kevin shiffman and wish him the best in his life, but I want to put this out there to those considering seeing him: There are other options. You don't need to see this guy, and I would encourage that you don't. It is my intuition that for someone going through something mentally, Seeing Kevin shiffman will most likely do much more harm than good, and it may very well result in you being out on poisonous medication that you don't really actually need. Here is my background so you can know my experience I'm coming from and what's worked for me: I'm a guy. 20 years old. Throughout my early teenage years, I was constantly severely anxious and depressed. I've been diagnosed with both ADHD & Aspergers, and when I was 12 years old, I used to be on medication for both called "stratera" (wouldn't recommend). Through changing my diet of food and my diet of thoughts, I've been able to transform my life into something quite beautiful. I used to have a really hard time making friends and was always insecure about my "popularity". Now, I have a large wonderful social circle of super positive and successful friends who would be considered to be the "cool kids" of society. I now have a successful business in the health food industry with my good friend and mentor, and we've been lucky enough to have the privilege of living wherever we want to on the world whenever we choose. We currently live in Los Angeles, California most of the time, and come back to The Toronto area relatively frequently. Oh yeah, and I dropped out of high school when I was 16. I've went from someone who could never talk to girls to being extremely confident in interactions with all social groups. I went from someone who was constantly having violent and suicidal thoughts, to someone that everyone around me comments on how happy I always am and wonder how I do it. I went from someone that many people thought was going to be a loser and go nowhere in life to someone living a dream life of success, waking up feeling grateful and blessed every day. People even message me on Instagram and tell me that I've inspired them. The reason why I'm mentioning these things is that these changes almost certainly wouldn't have been made if I had stayed on medication, and the reason these changes have happened is because I changed my MIND. But a healthy mind starts with the fuel you put into it. Eat natural, organically grown foods, as close to nature intended as possible. THIS CAN BE DONE NATURALLY. My story is just one of many and if you haven't been exposed to good information yet, please allow me to make some suggestions: If you're a guy, Lookup "Real Social Dynamics" on YouTube Read "the way of the superior man"

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Seriously....stay away. Far away. This doctor is the worst thing that can happen to you when you are suffering from a Mental Health issue. Dr. Shiffman and a vulnerable patient equals danger.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

I saw Dr. Shiffman a few months ago and it took me many weeks to recover from one of the worst experiences of my life. Shocking is the best way I can describe my experience. This man is a horrible person, I have never met a medical professional who acts so highly unprofessional. In my first meeting I learned about the cars he drives, his mansion in Rosedale, his hip replacement and how attractive and athletic he used to be prior to this surgery. My family history was not touched, absolutely no questions at all about my diagnosis. His questions focused heavily on my sexuality and sexual drive. This man is a creep and needs to be investigated. No woman should go into his office alone.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Very much a fool, Talks about how he used to be slim and fit until 2 years ago suffering from hip replacement. then talks about his house that he has in rosedale and how he has a car etc. I find him a little uncomfortable as a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Shiffman cares more about himself then he does his patients. He's always talking about his partner, his partying, his car - anything to make himself superior to you. Not very supportive. And to tell you the truth I wonder why he ever became a psychiatrist- he seems to hate what he does and this is reflected in how he treats his patients.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

I found Dr.Kevin Shiffman to be a very patient,empathic and compassionate phydiciian who even before he started texting me spent a great deal of time to understand the very complex nature of my problems . Once he developed a thorough understanding of the most important issues hevfevelooef a rigorous and comprehensive treatment plan using a highly integrated bio,osyco,social approach with excellent results,though I am awake that the treatment pfoccedd is a lengthy pfocvees that will need to continue for years and I realize I will have to endure numerous setbacks as well enduring various medication side effects ........though in the end it would have all been worth it

Submitted December 14, 2014

Vary emphatic and patient psychiatrist . Was able to appreciate the complex nature of my issues and over time I found him to be extremely helpful by using a combination of medications and regular psychotherapy

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014

On first meeting he had an arrogant air, seemed removed and disinterested, and I was constantly breaking down in tears trying to explain severe depression and what I thought had led to suididal thoughts that brought me to him. I asked to be evaluated for some specific issues I felt I had, he kept cutting me off telling me only to anser his questions with a yes or no. He shrugged off my concerns and gave me prescription for SSRI. I left feeling he was unable to listen and had no idea of my situation or condition. Initially was not going to do a second appointment with him but decided to give him another chance. He barely listened to what i said, yawned through the entire brief time, I asked him several questions about my state and he just looked at me blinking. Didn't answer anything...either time. He asked me to come back in 6 weeks but I have to wonder, what for? Just so he can bill another patient? I might be dead by then. Useless. I got the impression he parties hard so that may explain he yawning and tbhe other commenter's observation about he didn't even show up for his morning appointment. I felt cheated. I waited a long time for help and this doctor is not the one to get it from. Both entire appointments were empty of any advice, observations, assistance, guidance, suggestions. I truly wonder how he got a degree and how many others are in danger after being disappointed by his lack of everything we'd hoped for...an experienced medical doctor to listen and help.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Shiffman may very well be knowledgeable but fails to listen. I had to repeat some items three times. Basically said all he would do is give my teenager a prescription and went on to say he usually uses high doses. First time meeting.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014