Ratings for Dr. Kevin Shiffman

Kevin Shiffman is a horrible doctor. I would suggest anyone suffering from mental illness to stay far away from this man as possible. He does more harm than good. He is mentally ill, argumentative, very full of himself, materialistic, and a terrible listener. He is not a sympathetic or empathetic person at all. He will smile while you cry and while you look uncomfortable from his strange questions. He is not only narcissist, he is a psychopath who should be stripped of his licence. For your peace of mind, safety, and sanity, please never step foot into this mans office.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

this doctor is a sham, he relies on one staff who seems to be doing everything in his clinic. Then he talks about how he lives in Rosedale and how he was skinny 2 years ago and blah blah blah. he is very narcissistic and to be honest with you doesn't sound like he cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

A few years ago I was referred to Shiffman after I had been in a very serious accident and sustained a concussion. His treatment of me right from the first appointment was strange and I felt very uncomfortable with the types of questions he asked. One that absolutely dropped my jaw was and I quote "have you ever had an sexual experience with a woman?" He knew I was married to my husband for forty + years , had two children and two grandchildren so can imagine my shock when this question came out of his mouth. I honestly didn't think I heard it correctly so I would ask something like , "do you mean.., did you say..., etc. He sat amused across the room watching me squirm just because he wanted a laugh. When I finally said in a very shocked and definite manner , of course not, are you crazy??? That is when his face and his demeanor turned angry and from then on he was threatening me with Form A and legally, for no reason, put me on a Form A which locked me in the worst Psych in Canada. I believe he told the nurses to be nasty with me and they were. My husband got me a single room and because I wouldn't come out for "activity time" to the table in the hallways with paper and crayons they pulled and pushed me around to the extent that I had so many bruises from falling. I was so terrified and it wasn't until some time later my husband saw the condition of my body and I begged him not to say anything because I would get it worse. I was on so much medication I didn't know what was going on and my fear of everything was great. One day I walked out of the hospital and almost got home, about 6 miles, when my husband drove up beside me and brought me lovingly into the car and I begged him to take me home and not back to that place. The nurses only discovered I was gone when the food came up and then they called Shiffman and the police as well as my husband. He told them he would find me and bring me back because Shiffman and the nurses were seething that I just simply walked out in front of them. I didn't even remember thinking about it let along doing it. I was returned and heavily sedated and put in a lock up room across from the nurses. When I woke in the morning and tried to go to the washroom I couldn't stand up because somehow I had injured my back and my legs wouldn't hold me up. I called and pleaded for a nurse to help me and they stood outside laughing at me. Had my new son-in-law not come in at that time and found me, took me to the bathroom this treatment would not have been made known to my husband. As soon as he found out he was at the hospital and threatened to sue Shiffman and the hospital. I was then released into my beloved's care and I was never back there again. A few months after that I was in another doctors office and we waiting patients began talking and one lady was so upset and angry because she took her son to Shiffman because he was having some difficulties with making friends because he was shy. After a fairly short period of time Shiffman convinced him that he was gay and needed to just come out and declare this. Shiffman also did something that was despicable and illegal, he took this nineteen year old home as a new boyfriend, you see Shiffman was and is gay. Now it is easier to understand his bizarre behaviour and questions and narcissism. This boy eventually escaped, came home but was under the care of another doctor and Shiffman got away with this as this young guy was 19. So how would I rate this person who calls himself a doctor, there isn't a rating low enough. He needs to find another profession where he can't have anything to do with another human being. What a creep! The only reason I've told my story is that I found out that he is back in Newmarket advertising for patients and all doctors need to look at some of these comments before they send anyone to him.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2018

After my appointment with him, I went straight to my family doctor, highly suggested that he does not refer any one else to this guy. I was in with him for over an hour, and I can tell you everything about him, but I bet he can't tell you why I was there. He claims I am not depressed, because I had my face on (I guess next time I go see a professional, I won't shower or do my makeup...) and I carry on with my daily activities for my children (so because I have an issue my children should starve and not live a normal life???). Kept asking about my sexual relationship with my husband. It's not like he asked once, he kept going back to it. It was a horrible expeience and I wish I didn't go. He has made me question every other mental health doctor out there.....

flag | Submitted February 6, 2018

STAY AWAY....period. I am not a doctor but if I was...this doctor would be diagnosed with a serious case of narcissism. It's frightening he is a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Let me just start by saying that I wish the absolute best for Dr Kevin Shiffman. The reason for me seeing him was because I took a precautionary consultation to see if a series of concussions was impacting me on a mental level as much as on a neurological level. I really respect this about Dr shiffman: he didn't think there was anything wrong with me, and he let me know that. He said that e doesn't think a psychiatrist is the right person to be seeing, and I should perhaps consult a dentist or neurologist to figure out an objectively physical symptom I've been experiencing. Here is my opinion on him as an option for a psychiatrist: Honestly, I would stay away from dr shiffman- . He didn't strike me as a person who's mentally and emotionally secure with himself. Here's why- . I thought these other reviews were fake or written by the same person. But it's actually true. He actually does talk about his Mercedes, his house in rosedale, and how he would have been much skinnier if not for his surgery that he had a couple of years ago. Not that these are wrong things to talk about, and these are great things that I'm happy he's achieved in his life. I want to state clearly that I have the utmost love for the guy and I don't feel negatively towards him, but I felt it's right to share my experience, and my experience is that I've never met a person that exudes insecurity and egoism as much as Dr shiffman does. Some additionally relevant notes about my impression are that he is not a good listener. If he misheard you or didn't hear you say something, and you kindly correct him or repeat yourself, he will insist that you were wrong. When I was sharing my story and he was taking notes, he actually missed an important detail that I spoke about but wouldn't admit that he may have missed it while he was busy taking notes. I'm sure he's very knowledgeable and experienced, but I think he's one of the least self-aware and least socially acute people I've ever met. In my opinion, His mind isn't In a place where he's ready to help other people with their mind. This is All coming from a place of love and compassion. I have nothing against Kevin shiffman and wish him the best in his life, but I want to put this out there to those considering seeing him: There are other options. You don't need to see this guy, and I would encourage that you don't. It is my intuition that for someone going through something mentally, Seeing Kevin shiffman will most likely do much more harm than good, and it may very well result in you being out on poisonous medication that you don't really actually need. Here is my background so you can know my experience I'm coming from and what's worked for me: I'm a guy. 20 years old. Throughout my early teenage years, I was constantly severely anxious and depressed. I've been diagnosed with both ADHD & Aspergers, and when I was 12 years old, I used to be on medication for both called "stratera" (wouldn't recommend). Through changing my diet of food and my diet of thoughts, I've been able to transform my life into something quite beautiful. I used to have a really hard time making friends and was always insecure about my "popularity". Now, I have a large wonderful social circle of super positive and successful friends who would be considered to be the "cool kids" of society. I now have a successful business in the health food industry with my good friend and mentor, and we've been lucky enough to have the privilege of living wherever we want to on the world whenever we choose. We currently live in Los Angeles, California most of the time, and come back to The Toronto area relatively frequently. Oh yeah, and I dropped out of high school when I was 16. I've went from someone who could never talk to girls to being extremely confident in interactions with all social groups. I went from someone who was constantly having violent and suicidal thoughts, to someone that everyone around me comments on how happy I always am and wonder how I do it. I went from someone that many people thought was going to be a loser and go nowhere in life to someone living a dream life of success, waking up feeling grateful and blessed every day. People even message me on Instagram and tell me that I've inspired them. The reason why I'm mentioning these things is that these changes almost certainly wouldn't have been made if I had stayed on medication, and the reason these changes have happened is because I changed my MIND. But a healthy mind starts with the fuel you put into it. Eat natural, organically grown foods, as close to nature intended as possible. THIS CAN BE DONE NATURALLY. My story is just one of many and if you haven't been exposed to good information yet, please allow me to make some suggestions: If you're a guy, Lookup "Real Social Dynamics" on YouTube Read "the way of the superior man"

flag | Submitted December 22, 2017

Seriously....stay away. Far away. This doctor is the worst thing that can happen to you when you are suffering from a Mental Health issue. Dr. Shiffman and a vulnerable patient equals danger.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

I saw Dr. Shiffman a few months ago and it took me many weeks to recover from one of the worst experiences of my life. Shocking is the best way I can describe my experience. This man is a horrible person, I have never met a medical professional who acts so highly unprofessional. In my first meeting I learned about the cars he drives, his mansion in Rosedale, his hip replacement and how attractive and athletic he used to be prior to this surgery. My family history was not touched, absolutely no questions at all about my diagnosis. His questions focused heavily on my sexuality and sexual drive. This man is a creep and needs to be investigated. No woman should go into his office alone.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2017

Very much a fool, Talks about how he used to be slim and fit until 2 years ago suffering from hip replacement. then talks about his house that he has in rosedale and how he has a car etc. I find him a little uncomfortable as a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

Dr. Shiffman cares more about himself then he does his patients. He's always talking about his partner, his partying, his car - anything to make himself superior to you. Not very supportive. And to tell you the truth I wonder why he ever became a psychiatrist- he seems to hate what he does and this is reflected in how he treats his patients.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015