Ratings for Dr. Kevin Shiffman

Very much a fool, Talks about how he used to be slim and fit until 2 years ago suffering from hip replacement. then talks about his house that he has in rosedale and how he has a car etc. I find him a little uncomfortable as a psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

If I could give him a 0 rating I would, too bad it's not possible on this site. I am truly surprised the medical association of Ontario has not monitored this horrible person. He does not deserve to be called a psychiatrist and should be investigated. very very bad.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2017

Dr Kevin should be in jail for the manipulation and brainwashing he does. He is dangerous and needs to be stopped

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

Terrible Doctor so full of himself I would not recommend to anyone! Evil

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Kevin Shiffman is full of himself very evil He talks about his house in and his car . He is a pedophile extremely conniving and selfish.He seems to hate what he does and this is reflected how he treats his patients.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

Kevin Shiffman is clearly an evil person who is damaging his patients.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr. Shiffman cares more about himself then he does his patients. He's always talking about his partner, his partying, his car - anything to make himself superior to you. Not very supportive. And to tell you the truth I wonder why he ever became a psychiatrist- he seems to hate what he does and this is reflected in how he treats his patients.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

This man has no right to be called Doctor. I therefore call him Mr. Shiffman. He is a pompous arrogant jackass who does not care about his patients at all. He does not listen to a word that is said to him and he stated to me "I ask the questions and you don't talk unless I ask you to". I was near to a nervous breakdown and all he said was that my past was the past and leave it there. There is no need to bring it up. He kept talking about himself and his credentials. He kept accusing me of abusing my medications and I kept saying that I didn't. He kept calling me an addict. I was also in to see him about my son who is going through psychosis. Mr. Shiffman told me to throw him out of the house. He kept saying to me "I am helpful, right". I didn't know how to answer. I feel that because I live in a small town, I don't have a choice in who I get for a psychiatrist. He told me that my family GP had no idea what she was doing with the meds she ordered me and that he was going to tell her to discontinue the medication I was on that really helps me. I asked for a psychology referral and he said that he is the only person I need and refused to give me a referral. He did not listen to a word I said and if I was suicidal he would have been the reason I killed myself. This man should be fired from his position as a psychiatrist. He does not look you in the eye and does not hear a word you say. I was in his office for 20 minutes and he told me my time was up. I thought I had an hour or at least 50 minutes. I will be bringing my counsellor with me the next time I see him. Whenever I leave Mr. Shiffman's office I feel so rotten and angry that it takes me two days to get over it. I am so lost and upset with this man. I asked him for cognitive behavioral therapy and he told me to breath in a square. I told him that my GP had suggested a book for me to read. He said that the one she suggested was no good and then told me to read another book. He still refused to give me a referral but wants me to keep coming back to see him.. It makes me wonder why a doctor from the rosedale area of Toronto needs to drive 3 hours to run a clinic in such a small town. This man should not be practicing psychiatry anywhere. I am so upset with him that he makes me want to jump off of a bridge. I won't though because he is not worth it.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

I found Dr.Kevin Shiffman to be a very patient,empathic and compassionate phydiciian who even before he started texting me spent a great deal of time to understand the very complex nature of my problems . Once he developed a thorough understanding of the most important issues hevfevelooef a rigorous and comprehensive treatment plan using a highly integrated bio,osyco,social approach with excellent results,though I am awake that the treatment pfoccedd is a lengthy pfocvees that will need to continue for years and I realize I will have to endure numerous setbacks as well enduring various medication side effects ........though in the end it would have all been worth it

flag | Submitted December 14, 2014

Vary emphatic and patient psychiatrist . Was able to appreciate the complex nature of my issues and over time I found him to be extremely helpful by using a combination of medications and regular psychotherapy

flag | Submitted December 1, 2014