Ratings for Dr. Roger A Green

I went To the Oak Bay Clinic because I had a sore on my lip, and since I had never had one I wanted a medical opinion. After a long wait, the doctor, Roger A Green, came in, looked at my lip, and without any sort of inspection said I had a cold sore. He wrote a prescription and left without giving me any explanation. I filled my prescription at the nearby Pharmasave and since I didn't know what I had the pharmacist spent ten minutes kindly explaining to me that I had herpes and everything that was involved. The doctor should have explained all this to me, but I wasn't worth his time. I do plan to pursue this matter further as I would certainly guess that not telling a patient they are infectious is a dereliction of his duties. Also, I would think he probably billed BC Medical for more than the 30 seconds he spent with me. This doc needs to learn that patients are human beings, not mere inconveniences. This doctor should be avoided.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

Don't waste your time with this one. He'll just tell you that a blood test that could potentially diagnose you and help give answers to your symptoms is a "waste of tax payers dollars". I have stayed away from the medical world for 10+ years now BECAUSE of doctors like him. My health is in dire need of a doctor who will HELP, not just tell me I'm depressed (which I'm NOT and gave no reason for him to even think that!!) He's an incompetent and narrow-minded doctor who should not be practicing.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

This doctor refused to refill some pain pills that i have been taking for a year and acused me of selling my pills.I go there because my family doctor is at this clinic and they can look at my file to see what i need.I will report this so called doctor to my doctor and to the ones in charge at this walk in clinic and also to the college of physicians or the ones that gave him a licence to practice.I find doctor green to also have very poor people skills and not a very caring person.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

This doctor is okay. I've seen him quite a few times at the walk-in clinic. He seems somewhat rushed when you see him, but never have to wait very long. He sometimes jokes in a way that may make the patient uncomfortable. I've found him to be helpful, I just feel that sometimes you have to prod a little more to get your questions answered. I wouldn't want him as my family doctor, but find his efficiency to be a good thing at a walk-in clinic. The staff is efficient also, I just find that they could be a little friendlier. But I realize they are very busy. Overall this is a good clinic/doctor to go to for a walk-in.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2011

This doctor is rude, uncaring and incompetent. I was so sick when I went to him. I believed I had pneumonia (my roommate had it). My chest rattled and I've never felt sicker, could barely walk. He dismissed me rudely, saying I just had the flu ("Just because your roommate has it doesn't mean you have it", he said in a snide voice). The next day another Dr (at this same clinic) diagnosed me with double pneumonia. His attitude is horrible, cold and disinterested. I strongly advise people to stay far away from him.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2011

This doctor made overtly discriminatory comments to me, and violated basic patient-physician principals. In-brief I needed important medication that would impact the public safety and he refused because he did not want to (1) check past records, (2) inquire with pharmanet, (3) or do a preliminary diagnostic. Is that incompetence? I intend to complain to the head doctors at the clinic, and quite possibly to the College of Physicians.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2011

I've seen this guy twice for different issues, and both times I found him to be condescending, dismissive, arrogant, and showed no interest in listening what I had to say beyond the first 5 seconds of my description of symptoms. The staff at the Oak Bay Medical clinic is fine, and if you're able to get Dr. Grewal you will be very happy. However, I will never return to this clinic again if there is any chance I would see Dr. Green. Bad man.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2010

I was extremely sick with pinched herves in my neck when I saw Dr. Green and could barely walk, let alone talk. He knew exactly what he needed to do for me and just got on with it.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Had some good advice, but no real compassion. He used a very mocking/condesending tone several times which was offensive. I deserve to be treated with more respect than that.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010