Ratings for Dr. Paul A. White

This man couldn't tell his head from his a.s.s if his life depended on it. During my pelvic exam, he announced me that I had an anteverted uterus* (which means that it's tipped forward, this is normal) and that it was "easy to feel" because I am "so thin." Then he lamented about "how much harder it was to feel on bigger girls- there's so much to push through" and asked if the P.A. who was observing could also feel because I was such a "good example." I was NOT flattered by his comments or his pathetic attempt at a teachable moment. I was having my 3rd IUD inserted, and he also wouldn't consider letting me get my tubes tied instead, insisting that I was too young (30) and then asked, "What if you meet mr right and change your mind?" Mr Right doesn't want kids. He decided that I didn't need a follow up appointment for my IUD, since I was a "pro." He didn't use anything to numb my cervix. Never have I had a worse IUD insertion or adjustment. I spent the next few months taking motion sickness pills to combat nausea and had horrible cramps. 2 months later, my abdomen swelled and my jeans didn't fit. The cramps became so severe that it was difficult to walk anywhere. I saw a new doctor since this creep was no longer at the practice (THANK GOD!), who scheduled me for an ultrasound. 4 days later, I was in surgery, performed by the new doctor- who was an angel. Dr White missed a diagnosis of a grapefruit-sized teratoma tumor that was in FRONT of my uterus for my uterus. It had been growing for 1.5 years. for size comparison, a uterus is the size of a small pear, ovaries are the size of almonds. Had Dr White done a proper pelvic examination, he would have noticed that something was wrong. Instead, he wanted to have a teachable moment and body snark. Along with the tumor, I lost my left ovary, and both of my fallopian tubes. I'm glad that I didn't ever want children of my own, since it is now impossible without major medical intervention. I just never knew that it wasn't my choice. (I hope that Mr Right is okay with this!) I also hope that Dr White learns what a uterus feels like in comparison to a tumor. A pelvic exam is a very basic part of this job- and it's pathetic that he can't even do that properly. His winning personality isn't helping him out either.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I absolutly Loved Dr. White. He was very caring and listened to all my and my husbands concerns during our pregnancy. He remembered our situation at every visit. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2012

This Dr. Loves ordering tests! Most of the tests cost more than the actual procedure!!He wanted to see me every 3 mths. and just order more tests. never actually helped me w/ my problem. If U like having expensive tests done, then this is the Dr for u!!!

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

Dr. Paul A. White's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 2001)

Top Hospitals in Potsdam, NY