Ratings for Dr. Pierre Bleau

First of all, to the previous commentor, I am incredibly sorry about your sister. My brother and I read this review and cried because we have been through this so many times, and so many times we have been sure I would die. It's not only Dr. bleau but the staff of this hospital that treats people incredibly inhumanely. My best advice to anyone who ends up in the Montreal General for emergency care is to do what it takes (contact Ami Quebec) to switch your appointed psychiatric hospital to one in another system. Inpatient care at this hospital can be equally inhumane and honestly your best chance is just to deal with another hospital system entirely. This man is just one example of the culture the MUHC mai tai s toward its psychiatric patients, and this remains true across the board not just for its Emergency team but also for Psychiatric Inpatient and a lot of its Psychiatric Outpatient services. Just switch hospitals, because you or your family member are worth it.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

BAD ENDING. Dr. Bleau's approach towards my sister and our family was very disrespectful, unprofessional and, ultimately, destructive. My sister was admitted to his emergency room multiple times over the last 3 years with severe mental illness and multiple suicidal tendencies. we even gave him over 20 pages of letters written by her in which she expressed her suicidal thoughts and plans. Every time, Dr. Bleau's team would send her back out in public, even despite our cries for help. In July 2017, my sister committed suicide.

Submitted July 26, 2017

Il a dit qu'il ne croyait pas à la psychothérapie donc ceux qui en ont besoin n'aller pas là..essayer de trouver un autre médecin. Aussi il a été très insultant concernant mes collègues acteurs (et par le fait même moi-même, je suis actrice) Je ne rèpêterai pas ici mais vous pouvez imaginer...

flag | Submitted July 14, 2017

He save my life... and help me in post trauma.... we need moore like him.....

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Bleau for 10+ years. He is a brilliant individual and has never failed to be generous with his time and he has always been attentive to what I have to say. He is a wizard in psychopharmacology and equally skilled in talk therapy. Over the years he has both agreed and disagreed with other experts in the field regardless of how this may have impacted external medico-administration (work, insurances, etc.). In short, he performs his diagnosis and treatment with a single focus on the best interests of the patient. I am a little taken aback with reviews suggesting that he is dismissive and doesn't listen. If you present with symptoms of a psychiatric illness this man will help you. Just don't expect him to bend over backwards if you're feeling sad, stressed, going through a rough spot or have a miserable life for whatever reason. There's a big difference between those things and mental illness. Maybe dismissive or inattentive behaviour is all you really need to know when you see him. You can't complain about a doctor because he doesn't tell you what you want to hear unless you have more expertise than him. In the case of Dr. Bleau that would be quite a feat considering he is the top expert in his field. I've been sent to several doctors by my insurer to be met with the comment similar to 'You're seeing Dr. Bleau? I don't know why they're sending you to see me'. I was referred to Dr. Bleau because he is the best and I was in desperate need of help. I probably wouldn't be here to write this without him and I constantly fear the possibility that one day he may no longer see patients.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Vraiment pas un psy a conseiller a un depressif. Arrogant et pretentieux.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

J'ai été suivie par le Dr, Pierre Bleau sur une période de quelques année et croyez moi c'est un excellent médecin et très professionnel. Je souffre du syndrome de conversion et il m'a guider, aider, encourager dans le processus de cette maladie encore inconnue et ne m'a jamais fait sentir mal ou quoi que ce soit suite a mes questions souvent répétitives sur ce domaine. Sans lui je ne marcheras plus. Il a aussi sue me référer a une psychologue qui pratique un traitement avec les yeux et avec qui j'ai pue progresser sans toute fois me mettre de coté , Je suis déménager de Montréal en temps et jamais il ne m'a laisser tombé avant qu'un autre psychiatre ne me prenne en main,. Il est très gentil, polie, respectueux et prend le temps d'expliquer les choses, les état. Pour moi je peut dire qu'il a été mon sauveur. Toujours a l'heure et avec un beau sourire rassurant. Une chance que ce médecin existe car en plus on voie et on sent bien qu'il veut nous aider et pas juste faire sa job. Merci Dr. Bleau d'avoir fait toute ses études pour que les patients comme moi puisse profiter de votre savoir. Merci

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

J'ai rencontré Dr Bleau en 2006 et j'ai détesté mes 4 rencontres avec lui. Il n'écoute pas et il a des idées préconçues. Gaver ses clients de médications est sa devise. Quand je pense que j'ai consulté dr Pierre Cousineau Phd (psychologue) et quand 4 rencontres nous avons trouvé la raison de mon anxiété généralisée ; je ne m'exprimais pas avec mon conjoint, j'étais comme emprisonnée.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I want to thank my physician who refer me to this specialized clinic. I was seen rapidly, with Dr Bleau and his team. They are kind and offer me help for my post traumatic syndrome.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

Very dismissive. Didn't listen. I presented with PTSD symptoms after a traumatic event. He told me to talk a friend about it. He actually joked that if I were afraid of spiders he could help me....End result? No treatment and my file was transferred to a CLSC shortly thereafter. The CLSC is not equipped to help me. It's been 8 months now. I had been with the Allan Memorial since 2004 (depression). On a positive note there was a student with Dr. Bleau. She was very kind.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013