Ratings for Dr. Karin Y. Cook

A chiropractor who pushes nutritional supplements? There's a word for that. I went twice. No, thanks. I have an excellent one now.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2016

Dr. Cook always listens and spend the entire visit with you as she works with you. Very receptive and intutitive. Very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

I've had some severe breaks and injuries (elbow/art breaks in five places, a fall that damaged my knee and bruised entire leg) as well as chronic back problems, and have noticed improvements in function and diminishment of pain from very first treatments. Supplements she has suggested have also been helpful, along with suggestions for followup rehabilitation on my own (swimming, exercises, diet, etc.) She has also offered excellent referrals to MDs and other sources of medical help when necessary.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

I have limped into Dr. Cook’s office with pain in my knee a couple of times and walked out with no pain at all. She expresses concern for me and my family and is very kind to us all. Dr. Cook is also knowledgeable about the wholistic approach and doesn’t just treat symptoms. If you are fat and can’t handle being told you are fat then don’t listen when she tells you. There is, to my knowledge, no polite way to tell someone they are fat. However, Dr. Cook will tell you when you are heavy and provide a method for you to lose weight and get healthy. As for the blood tests, I don’t know any wholistic type doctors that do blood tests to identify supplements. The ones I have been to perform what is called Muscle testing. Dr. Cook’s treatments have been very affective for me. She has helped me with a thyroid problem and ADHD. Thanks Dr. Cook.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2010

Dr. Cook is all about TOTAL body health. She is very gentle, but still effective. For those who complained, more drs should challenge overweight people as they are at great risk for many types of disease. She helped me replace supplements given to me by my nutritionist I left out east. She checks the energy of the substance against your body's neg/pos response. It has always worked much better for me than drugs given out by MD's that treat symptoms, not the illness. I was a total mess until I took this approach. I would never go to anyone else. She is a real gem!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2010

Extremely helpful. Knows her stuff. Treats whole person not just spine. Her suggestion to lost weight relieved my back and knees. Her diet and supplements helped me loose 20 lbs.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2010

Dr. Cook is very critical about one's weight. We all know when we are overweight and need to lose a few pounds. She needs to provide chiropractic care, not a lot of judgemental nagging. There are too many other good doctors out there. Don't waste your time with this one.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2010