Ratings for Dr. Anthony B. D'Souza

My experience with him has been some of the worst in my life. He has been arrogant, belligerent, uncaring, dismissive, and showed a God complex with both me and a sibling. I once had an hour long screaming match with him that I thought might come to blows in the psych ward he runs at Rockford Memorial. That was over not getting treatment there because I'm not schizophrenic he refused to treat me because I have PTSD and he said that there's nothing anyone can do for that. That comment is so out of touch with the world let alone with psychiatry that I couldn't even wrap my head around it. If you enjoy being put down, shamed, blamed for your illness, being yelled at, and/or enjoy the company of the worst of the worst Dr.s around then make the call. Good luck.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

On a good day Dr. D'Souza is abrupt and curt, writing you a prescription before pushing you out the door. Dr. D'Souza does not welcome questions -- he rolled his eyes and gave a loud sigh when I simply asked him if my medication had any side effects. He told me not to worry, but didn't answer my question. On a bad day, Dr. D'Souza is aggressive and profane. In my last visit, he cussed at me and his secretary, a behavior most unfitting for a "professional." In general, he seemed in a tizzy, drowning me out to yell about things quite unrelated to me or my appointment. I would approach Anthony D'Souza as a psychiatrist of last resort. He is unhelpful, uncaring, rude, and you're probably in better hands with anyone else available to you.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2014

Dr. Anthony B. D'Souza's Credentials

• Rg Kar Med Coll, Univ Of Calcutta, Calcutta, West Bengal, India (Grad. 1971)