Ratings for Dr. Channon Hudgins

I had a somewhat complicated pregnancy during which Dr. Hudgins was my primary OB/GYN, and I was always very much at ease with her. She always took her time with me and made sure that any questions I had were answered and my fears were put at ease. I honestly can't come up with a single complaint about Dr. Hudgins. Occasionally, the wait in the office was a bit long, but for the level of overall care I received from Dr. Hudgins and the other staff there, it really was worth it. I would recommend any physician in that office to anyone seeking OB care. They were all wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

We went to the OBGYN Place in Rockwall because of its convenient location near our home. However, we were very disappointed with the quality of care we received. At 12 weeks, we got an elective sono at La Bella Belly that showed some bleeding behind the placenta. Dr. Hudgins was who saw us when we went to see one of the groups dr.'s about the problem. She did not order sonogram to check it for herself and basically said to go home and call if we had a miscarriage. We are first time parents and were not supposed to be able to have children, so this was NOT the response we needed. We ended up switching to Dr. Clark Griffith at Presby Dallas and his professionalism, experience, and compassion made the OBGYN Place look like a bunch of sorority girls in lab coats.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2012

I recently had an unpleasant female diagnosis but this doctor made an unpleasant experience a pleasant one. I felt very comfortable being taken care of by Dr. Hudgins.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

The doctor doesn't care my feeling, isn't willing to spend time with me. She doesn't listen to me, isn't patient. I kept asking her my OB result. She doesn't tell, I wonder if she ever read my report. My other doctor suggests me to take a shot, she said I don't need it, and if I want to, I'd make my own choice, and she is not sure about the side effect. Well, if I know all those medical knowledge and could choose and make prescription by myself, why should I spend time and money and see a doctor? Bad and uncomfortable experience, won't see her ever again. Not recommend!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Dr. Hudgins is very sweet, detailed, and thorough. She has a wonderful bedside manner and I feel very comfortable in her care. I had surgery and she called me the day after I was discharged to see how I was doing. My daughter is under her care as well. It's so refreshing to know there are still doctors who have compassion for their patients. The office staff is also very helpful and pleasant. They make what is typically an uncomfortable situation pleasant.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2010

I left the OB Gyn Place because of Dr. Hudgins. She made me very uncomfortable. She was uncaring, non compassionate and very judgmental. I am almost 30 weeks pregnant and now changing doctors which has been very stressful. Im sure she is a nice person, but her bedside manners are very poor and she did nothing to make me feel at ease in my pregnancy. She constantly brings up c-section because I have gained 30 pounds which makes me very nervous that she will only look at my weight in determining whether I can have a natural birth. Her supervisor, Dr. Malick was also very rude and not helpful when I explained that I thought that Dr. Hudgins and I just weren't a good personality match (trying to sugar coat the situation). Overall, I'm very disappointed in Dr. Hudgins and the OB Gyn Place in how they handled the situation. By the way, I have been going to the OB Gyn Place for 9 years for my yearly exams. This wasn't a decision I took lightly.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

Dr. Channon Hudgins's Credentials

• Univ Of Texas Med Branch, Galveston (Grad. 2004)

Allstate