Ratings for Dr. B. Papsin

Best doctor ever!! Very knolegable. He is very patient when explaining things. He puts his patience’s at ease with his humour so your comfortable to ask any questions.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2019

Rude, unprofessional, terrible bed side manner, bragging about his income, popularity & neglecting to focus on the issues of your child. A brillant surgeon but terrible with patients. Neglecting to give details, answer questions properly, etc. If your child is a CI candidate he will do an excellent job at performing the surgery but if your child is not you will no longer be treated properly. We are currently waiting for a referral for another ENT at Sick Kids. The most pompous doctor I’ve ever met with a huge ego. He needs to stop bragging & focus on each patient individually whether they are a CI candidate or not. If they are not a CI candidate & no longer apart of their new research study he has to make sure the child’s case is handled properly...even if it’s no longer a personal interest to him. He is also negative with ASL. Go in there with a list of prewritten questions & ensure you make sure he stays focused. If he is not focusing or you feel uncomfortable request a social worker. Their social worker is also useless at times in resolving issues but at least you’ll have someone else there to witness it. If you are not pleased put your complaints in formal writing. Family meetings never go anywhere. He stares into space & nothing will change. His knowledge is excellent but he needs to understand that after a child has been diagnosed with hearing loss you can’t simply say “Hey so what do you want to know?” That’s unprofessional. We want to have compassion after hearing traumatic news. We don’t want to know how popular you are across the world & we don’t care to hear about your income. We only want to know about issues pertaining to our child. We want you to answer questions properly & efficiently. We don’t want you to look agitated & pissed off. You should engage with your patients & the parents. You should also discuss all possibilities with a family in great depth to discuss the risks & possibilities of not possibly being a CI candidate. You should also be aware of the numerous services that are happening in Ontario that are connected with the Otolaryngology Clinic whether it be CI related or not. I still can remember the day you literally had no idea want IHP (Infant Hearing Program) & Silent Voice was. Even if it’s not directly in your CI area you should be in tune with all of these services as are other professionals who work in your clinic. You have to go into every appointment prepared to actually read results before you abruptly blurt them out to a family. Actually read the file before to ensure that bad news can be handled properly. Obviously compassion & emotions are not your strong suit...therefore if it’s “bad” news have a social worker in the room. You also need to ensure patients understand the process that they will have to start from scratch to have an ENT if they are no longer able to have a CI. You need to understand & tell your patients it will take 8-10 mths. You also need to understand that a child will still need to see an ENT between this time for wax removal if flushing doesn’t work by a nurse, reoccurring ear infections, tubes,applying for disability tax credit, etc. You need to ensure that these issues are made aware to you & your patient when they are no longer a CI candidate. Every child that is not a CI candidate will still need an ENT for numerous issues. As soon as we were told our son was no longer a CI candidate due to having no nerve we were deserted into the wind with no ENT. Papsin & his team should of told us this fact from day one that he would not be our permanent ENT if our child was not eligible for a CI.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2018

He diagnosed my son which other doctor's were not able to do, provided the best care we have ever experienced and went beyond the call of duty. We were heartbroken when my son became too old for Sick Kids. No one understands the ear like he does.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

Excellent doctor. !!!! He did what many other doctors said they couldn’t !

flag | Submitted May 13, 2018

Dr Papsin is not only an excellent surgeon he also is an excellent person. He saved my sons Life...for that he has my eternal gratitude.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Excellent bed side manners. He performed our daughters implant surgery 10 years ago. We've always appreciated how he was respectful to us and treated us as an equal. Although we rarely run into him, when we do, he displays a genuine interest in our child. He's the real deal! Thanks for all your work Dr. Papsin.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

It's been 10 years now since he was my doctor. However, whenever I hear anyone talk about having ear problems, I always think of him and how great he was with me. He never pressured me into any surgery's I didn't need, my mom on the other hand did. I remember one surgery where my mom tricked me into going, Dr.Papsin tried cheering me up by riding into the waiting room on a little tricycle. I'm sure at the time I wasn't too impressed, but I am now forever thankful for that. He always tried to make me feel like I was going to be okay even though I was scared to tears for any surgery I've ever had (or will have at that). He all in all is a great person, doctor and probably the most trusted doctor I've ever had. Even now when it comes to my ears I am afraid to let another doctor look at them. I always tell everyone if their child has ear problems, trust no one else except Dr. Papsin. Keep being awesome and doing your thing Dr.Papsin!!!! Jessica

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr Blake Papsin has given my son the gift of sound and since our life has changed for the best. I can't thank him enough.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

Dr. Papsin is such a great person! Thank you for all you do for our children! You're one of the best!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2017

Rude and unprofessional. Condescending and poor communication skills. Am being referred to someone else.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016