Ratings for Dr. Alvin F. Wells

Started treatment with Dr. Wells, who I found to be the one of the rudest and most condescending human beings I have ever met. He was absolutely uninterested in listening to me, or in answering my questions. I could tell that he was knowledgeable, and that he had a high degree of professional skill. He just seemed entirely disconnected, and disinterested in relating his knowledge. During the course of my care, he pushed products that were obviously intended to increase the bottom line profits for his medical practice. I understand there are economics in the practice of medicine, but this man is more money driven than I can convey. I've never seen promptly, and the front office staff were unprofessional in demeanor. At some later visits, I saw Dr. Massenburg. He was compassionate, attentive, and he also demonstrated superior knowledge and skill. There were none of the money-driven recommendations, no rushed vibe, and he answered every question I had comprehensively. I had no particular difficulties with my billing because I have a very comprehensive private insurance policy. (Literally, if a physician's office can't figure out how to bill my insurance, they have no business doing billing.) Both of the doctors here are brilliant men. If you have a real treatment need you can get it met here. But don't expect polite staff, or consistent customer service.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Ended up seeing Dr. Massenburg instead and he was rude and condescending on both visits. Waited over an hour on the first visit, second visit was almost as long of a wait. Did not take the time to explain the recommended course of action. When questioning about the bill amount was told it was the most they could bill the insurance. Paid their bill right away and still received threatening letter about sending me to collections. When I call the office to dispute this, the person responsible for that won't take my call. Don't know if Dr. Wells is any better but he doesn't run a good clinic or bring in quality staff to support him and I never plan on going back and would not recommend.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

Refuses to call and inform me on MRI test he sent me for but had his therapy call my insurance company and get me preauthed for therapy but after 3 weeks of me calling and looking to speak to him or his PA Amanda, they will not return my call and tell me what the results were. Misdiagnosed me after I spent thousands of dollars on injections. Would not recommend him or his office.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Doctor pushes products and services, very money driven. Staff can be rude. So many staff members just sitting around too.Receptionist sitting on their legs wearing hooded sweatshirts, very unproffessional. Lab results are not given to you until your next appointment.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2013

Nice doctor but too rushed. Couldn't diagnose me adopted a wait and see attitude. Seems to push his serivices which aren't covered by insurance. Seems money driven to me.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2010

Dr. Alvin F. Wells's Credentials

• University Of South Florida College Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Franklin, WI