Ratings for Dr. Lauren Donen

I was new to Ottawa, and entering a very challenging phase of my life when I was first referred to Dr.Donen. She was extremely empathetic and kind. Through our sessions I was able to gain greater insight into some of my difficulties, and eventually flourish in a new city. Dr. Donen was very knowledgeable and professional. She went out of her way on several occasions to provide me with additional resources. An excellent care provider.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Empathetic and helpful! After at least a dozen other professionals I finally got onto a treatment plan that works for me. At 46, the Dr. Donen has made my last three years the best of my life. I cannot say enough. Wish I would have started with her earlier in my life.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

It is hard to find a community psychiatrist. It is very hard to find one that connects with you. For me, finding Dr. Donen was one of the luckiest things in my life. She has helped me reconnect with a meaningful life. Her style may not be for everyone. I had to relook at my life and take responsibility for some of my own shortcomings.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

Dr.D. has been my lifesaver! Helped me to find my groove and enjoy my life. She helped me return to work successfully. Ongoing support has been great. No issues.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2015

Dr. Donen works in an independent and not a hospital or clinical setting - have to say - very 'homey'. She is very pleasant and respectful. I feel she listens and has a sincere interest and care for me. I am thankful I found her. She had a long waiting list to get in though (that was 1.5 years ago- maybe its changed now).

flag | Submitted October 21, 2014

Very happy with having Dr. Donen looking after me! She is a great life coach and really helps keep her patients focused on what is important in life and how to stay happy and productive. I really feel that she is on my side. No complaints at all - well, maybe the bad bus service ;) but we can't blame her for that.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2011

MY GP REFERRED ME TO HER AFTER ALOT OF TRIAL AND ERROR TREATMENTS BY HIM. I COULDN'T BE HAPPIER WITH HER! SHE LISTENS AND GIVES ME THE TIME TO HELP SORT THROUGH FEELINGS. SHE DOESN'T JUST PUSH PRESCRIPTIONS. I THINK OHIP SHOULD REWARD DOCTORS LIKE HER WHO ACTUALLY HELP THEIR PATIENTS!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

Very sweet doctor. She is a bundle of support for me and I really feel lucky to have Dr. Donen on my side. She always spends time with me and explains everything about my meds. She cares when I tell her my meds are no longer working. Compared to other doctors or clinics - she is the best. I recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2011

It is always a relief to have an appointment with Dr. Donen. She is able to unwind me when I am feeling too wound-up. I am very happy with her services and would recommend her to anyone. It is a relief that there are still doctors like her that care about their patients and spend time listening. The new renovations at her place are nice too!

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

I have been seeing Dr. Donen on and off for over 5 years. Compared to other doctors I have seen in the past she is by far the best. She listens very carefully, asking appropriate questions that make you think and responds to my needs and concerns with empathy and care. She is able to see clearly through the maze of thoughts I tell and in a coherent way tells me what I always knew were my answers but had been unable to see. Another important attribute is that she is very respectful of her patients. She helped me through a depression and continues to see me whenever I feel the need to talk things through. She always calls me back in a timely fashion and makes time to see me even though I am no longer a regular patient. I think so highly of Dr. Donen that I have referred family members whom she is now helping out and they love her as well.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010