Ratings for Dr. Douglas McGregor

He was my doctor for years only to find out he was putting on mister nice but in actuality did not. He documented my file as though I was a trouble maker. For years I had emotional issues and he felt he was good enough at counselling and it took years for him to finally refer me to a psychiatrist. After that I requested to be sent to UBC to see a specialist psychologist. I saw him twice and at the end of the second session he tells me I have two disorders which are anxiety and depression. He then told me I was bipolar. My mother is bipolar and this doctor never with years of my history and family history he never diagnosed that I was bipolar. He treated me with disrespect doing things like keeping me waiting in the waiting room even as I see him come out to call the next patient picking up my file that was on the top and putting it at the bottom. He did not want to help me but was very good at helping my ltd carrier intervening to set up a return to work plan where I needed to volunteer. Well guess what if your well enough to volunter your well enough to be put back to work by your carrier. I trusted him for well over 15 years and he lied and betrayed me. So don't trust him he is a horrible doctor. It's really hard to believe a doctor as heavy as he is telling others they are over weight. I wish I could tell him I wish he had never taken over Dr. Maynard's practise and I had never put my trust in him. I would like to tell him he is very deceitful. He is pompous and puts on this attempt to make out he is above everyone. There you go there you have it the story of my thoughts about Douglas but one good thing is he is no longer my doctor and I now see a good doctor who I trust and is honest. Finally a doctor I deserve.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017

For some unknown reason Dr McGregor ordered the hepatitis b vaccine for my newborn baby without there being any reason as I was not in a high risk group.. I was not an intravenous drug user nor highly promiscuous and if he suspected me of such should have ordered a simple blood test or even asked me of my pertinent history instead of having my daughter injected with poison. This vaccine is responsible for many (SIDS) deaths, one of the reasons being the high content of aluminum which is a neurotoxin. I believe this is highly irresponsible, reprehensible and a case of malpractice. My daughter would have been better off without any doctor than one that doesn't know what they are injecting into people or the damage these toxins do. Research vaccines first yourself because the medical establishment don't and don't care who they hurt because they're protected... ironically the only ones with immunity.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

He was the best family Dr. I ever dealt with and actually cared about you instead of just going thru the motions. I wish him all the best.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2014

Are there 2 Dr. D. McGregors? Reading the complimentary comments does not match my experiences with him at all. Brusque, rude, doesn't listen, can't diagnose, "one issue = one visit for your 15minute limit". His words by the way. Worst medical care in the 60 years of my life. Had to go elsewhere to get proper medical care and be treated with ordinary decency.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2013

Dr McGregor has now moved to Victoria and this contact information is completely out of date.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

I havent seen dr mcgregor for about 10 years, because ihave moved to toronto, but i havent forgotten him, he is one of the best drs ever in my life, caring, listenins, compassionate, i even wrote him a letter before i left vancouver, to let him know how much i truly appreciated him, and how much his caring meat for me, while iw as struggling with anxiety and other health problems....I hope i will again see dr mcgregor soon, perhaps one day while i visit vancouver, ill drop in to his clinic, if i am lucky.....he will be there

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

Dr. McGregor really cares very much. He spends as much time as you need. He is not a big pill pusher, and tells you that every pill has side effects. Not always easy to see, because of his part time schedule and busy clinic. Often runs behind schedule, but well worth the wait. I am sad that he is winding up his practice. He has been super for me. All the best in your new endeavour, Doug.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2012

I've been a patient of Dr. McGregor's for over 11 years. He is a terrific Dr. He's very caring, very thurough, and will get to the bottom of whatever ails you. I feel very lucky to have him as my GP!

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Dr. McGregor has been my physician for 7 years. I consider myself extremely fortunate to have such an excellent doctor. He is extremely thorough and compassionate. I have never had trouble getting an appointment with him. He is part of an open clinic, so it is always possible to go to the walk-in when he is on duty. He is an up-to-date doctor with old-fashioned values. A gem!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

He is probably THE most thorough doctor I have ever had. He is knowledgeable and very caring. I consider myself lucky to have him for a family physician. As to punctuality, I really couldn't care less, because that is beyond his control.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012