Ratings for Dr. Alan R. Smith

Dr. Smith is great but...the wait to see him can extend to multiple hours. When you do get in to see him then you can see why the delay. He takes time to talk to each patient and really listen.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2015

I have been going to Dr. Smith for almost 20 years and you will not find a more knowledgeable Dr. anywhere. I am on disability, it doesn't matter how much money he makes off me he always takes the time to explain all my labs or anything else that I need to know. My wife goes to him and we send our two children to him. I am very happy he is my family Dr.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2011

Left my dad sitting in office waiting for GI results on a Friday after he waited 2 hours sent the receptionist out with the paper report which she could not explain. Dad ended up with emergency surgery before Monday for gall stones plugging his bile duct. Learn no, did the same thing to the wife of a person I work with. Me, I stayed 7 years getting RX's for my back while it got worse past surgery fix it. He would write double RX's for narcotics one for the drug store and one to mail, which led to a legal problem, and of course he had a story, and my file. So never really went anyplace. Missed my chance to fix my back though. Also during that 7 years he saw me maybe 3 times face to face. You could call and ask for refills send a family member in to get them, and if you didn't come fast enough they mailed them. My mom won't even go to the emergencey room if he is on call waits until Monday. A real piece of work. Only cares about $$$ even the nurses see someone else.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2010

Dr. Alan R. Smith's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal