Ratings for Dr. Colleen Gnyp

Would strongly recommend. Doc is great with children and efficient. Gives us so much information and explains the exam as she does it. Staff was fantastic. Very friendly environment. Feels like I've been going there for years.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2016

Excellent doctor. I had an eye infection that has been bothering me for days. I went to see my GP and they didn't help at all. I went to see Dr Colleen and my eyes feel 100% better only after a couple days. No joke. She's a miracle worker. The staff also cared so much for me and their compassion is amazing. Now I know who to do go to when it comes to eyes. Thank you Cranston Market Optometry!

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Great Doctor! She is professional and kind. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

WOW! I am not surprised to see all these good reviews for Dr. Gnyp. I wish I found her sooner. Never have I ever felt a more complete eye exam than her clinic. Everyone was excellent from the moment you walk in. Their receptionist was very cheerful. The assistant really knows what she was doing and she walked me through it while letting me know what each machine is for. It was very interesting. Then she took me to the exam chair and did more tests. She was in the room with me and the doctor and they both did an amazing job "fixing my eyes". The lady who sold me glasses was also very charming and it was so hard to pick because they have a great selection. I ended up buying 3 pairs and at a VERY good price. I will definitely be coming back here and taking my family here too.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Very knowledgeable doctor with amazing staff that make you feel welcome and cared for. They also have a very nice and cozy set up. Would definitely recommend them to friends and family.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Excellent service at Cranston Market Optometry! My family was fitted in at the last minute with eye emergencies and they really tried to get us in. My kids had to see 2 different doctors but both were equally great and thorough. And after a few days my kids eyes were 100% better! They also have a good frame selection with good deals!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr G is the most knowledgeable eye doc I have ever had. I felt my exam was very thorough and she answered all of my questions with so much confidence. I have seen her for years and she is always on time. Her staff is also great. They make you feel so welcome and they have an excellent selection of trendy frames!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

Dr. Colleen is amazing! I have never had such a thorough eye exam. Dr. Gnyp really took the time to explain every single part of the eye exam to me. I can't begin to describe how many eye exams I've had at other offices that have just had me go through the motions without explaining what was going on. I really feel like you get what you pay for with Dr. Gnyp. I will definitely bring my whole family back to her.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2016

I was very happy with my overall experience at Cranston Market Optometry with Dr. Gnyp. The staff were friendly and She did a very thorough exam and was sure to answer all of my questions and concerns and went as far as to give me tons of suggestions that will better suit my needs. 100% will be going back for my yearly exams.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

This has been our best-ever experience at an optometrist's office. Dr. Colleen and her staff were all excellent - they genuinely care about our family and are always thorough, pleasant and helpful. We bought glasses and contact lenses there too - not the cheapest in town, but definitely great value for the great quality, service and follow-up care we received. This office is high-tech with their eye care instruments and are easily available online outside of office hours. When Dr. Colleen was away on mat leave, the other doctors were also extremely nice and knowledgeable. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2013

Dr. Colleen Gnyp's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Colleen Gnyp graduated from the University of Waterloo School of Optometry in 2001. During the course of her education she completed an ocular disease and therapeutics internship in Houston, Texas. She also holds a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Waterloo and a Bachelor of Science degree from the University of Saskatchewan. Upon returning to Saskatchewan, Dr. Gnyp worked as an associate in Saskatoon and owned a private practice in Prince Albert, before relocating to Calgary in 2006. She opened Cranston Market Optometry in 2010 to provide excellent eyecare to the communities of SouthEast Calgary. Dr. Gnyp believes in the importance of lifelong eye health exams from infant through senior years, and is committed to patient education. She works with each patient to provide eye care and product recommendations that are best for that individual.

• English

• University of Waterloo (Grad. 2001)
  • University of Saskatchewan