Ratings for Dr. John Haight

On Memorial Day (May 26, 2014) I COMPLETELY ruptured my achilles tendon while playing basketball. The rupture was just below my right calf and it was such a clean rupture that I didn't have any pain. I went to North Shore LIJ Medical Center and was placed in a soft boot for 7 days. During my first visit with Dr. Haight he informed me of what actually happened to my leg and the options that were available to me. Being COMPLETELY honest, he informed me of the option of not needing surgery. Since I am a person that hates to take any form of medication I went with the no surgery option. I had to basically stay off of my leg for 6 to 7 weeks. I sat in a chair with my leg rested on several pillows to keep my leg raised above my heart. I had to eat plenty of protein (carbs, veggies and sweets included) to assist with my natural healing. One main thing that helped with the healing process was the fact that I took very good care of myself without the use of drugs or alcohol EVER! Somewhere around the 7th week I started physical therapy. After several weeks of therapy I began walking regular again. I must say that I don't have a limp when I walk and I am basically back to normal. The only difference that I notice is the leg that I injured has a smaller calf than the other. Other than that I love the choice that I made going without the surgery. It truly was a blessing that I was sent to Dr. Haight after leaving the hospital. I would recommend anyone with any issues that can be addressed by Dr. Haight to go see him. Honesty and knowledge is what you can expect going to see him. Good luck with your injuries everyone and thanks again Dr. Haight. It's been a little over 2 and a half years since my injury and I'm thankful for taking your advice. I hope this review helps anyone that needs a GREAT podiatrist.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

My wife had a bunionectomy 6 years ago with Dr. Haight. the results were not good. Often times, he uses residences to perform the surgery. Even though you sign the form for residences to "assist" in the surgery , you should in fact make clear that you want him to do the surgery.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

My pre op exam for bunionectomy and Dr Haight explained every possible risk/benefit there was. This was the most thorough exam I've ever had. He is extremely knowledgeable and has a wonderful bedside manner. I wish all my doctors were like him. Amazing experience and great staff. I would highly recommend Dr Haight!!! Post op no pain and walking immediately.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2015

Dr Haight is wonderful. Just had surgery on my bunion and wow he is amazing. Excellent Doctor! Extremely informative educated helpful could not of asked for a better Dr. Can't wait for him to fix my other foot.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

You're in great hands with Dr.height, he was very pleasant, knowledgeable, and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2013

Very friendly, knowledgeable, approacheable and caring. Took his time and took my concerns seriously. A great MD.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2012

Dr. Haight is great. He is down to Earth and explans things clearly. He diagnoses problems quickly and treatments just as quickly. I feel very comfortable in his care. I would recommend him highly

flag | Submitted May 4, 2010

Excellent podiatrist. Waiting time is not bad, but he's worth it. Never rushes you - knows what to do and does his best to make uncomfortable procedures as easy as possible.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr. John Haight's Credentials

• New York College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1992)

Top Hospitals in Valley Stream, NY