Ratings for Dr. Nadia Califaretti

Dr Califaretti is wonderful. She's been my oncologist for over five years and from day one she has been friendly, compassionate, caring, thorough, willing to answer questions and talk to me about my ideas (even if my questions or ideas are the result of Internet research!), understanding, and knowledgeable about recent research. I feel, and have felt from the beginning, like I'm an active partner with her in my cancer care: she asks me what I think, discusses options with me, and listens to what I say. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2017

Great care. Top notch for this area! Dr was very proactive, willing to answer questions and have small discussions.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

I can't believe that someone so uncaring can be an oncologist. My grandma went into the hospital (cancer spread) and she just told her you are not going home ever and left the hospital room and never returned. Left her terrified, dying in the hospital without any answers. Thank goodness for the great nurses at GRH and the radiologist who actually took the time to talk to us and explain what was going on, so we could make the necessary plans. She just abandoned her. I would rate a zero if I could, worst doctor ever.!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

closed minded and cold not caring at all will not go back

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

My wife has been under the care of Dr. Califaretti for the past two years while battling 3rd stage breast cancer and she has been nothing but caring and super knowledgable. Please ignore the 1 star rating post, this persons rating is in by now way a true reflection of Dr. Califaretti's true knowledge and character. This past two weeks Dr. Califaretti reached out across this country and fought for my wife's care and to be returned to Ontario from BC when she suddenly became ill during vacation for a family function and ended up in hospital. My wifes cancer had returned and spread into her spine causing her great pain and loss of the use of her legs within a 24 hr period. Dr. Califaretti continually was in touch with doctors in BC and worked with the private air ambuance company that we hired to transport my wife back to Ontario. My wife was taken by ambulance from the airport directly to the hospital in Ontario where staff was fully aware of my wifes situation and a bed was ready and waiting for her, all coordinated by Dr. Califaretti. My wife was tested, scanned and off for radiation treatments within hours of being back under her care, My wife told me that when Dr. Califaretti met with her for the first time she had obviouly come straight to my wifes room as she still had her coat on, She said Dr, Califaretti was virtually in tears talking to my wife and gave her a big hug. Dr. Califaretti clearly explained the treatments and plan moving forward. The owners of the air ambulance company also had nothing but positive things to say about Dr. Califaretti and pointed out how knowledgeble she was. I wish that I personally never need the servies of an Oncolgist but if I ever do it will certainly be Dr. Califaretti.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

The comments posted are either posted by her or her staff because the only one that knows what she is all about is the one posted on June 25, 2015. The only reason I gave her ratings of 1 for everything is because I couldn't give zero, minimum rating is 1. As for compassion she has none, knowledge-very little, friendly-not at all, empathy-zero. I couldn't agree more with the posting from June 25, 2015 that she is always rushed and answers are very vague and don't dare mention something you researched yourself that might possibly help because she does get offended when you question her and she will just tell you " it wouldn't be beneficial". I tried numerous times to show her research I had done and she told me " you can have all the papers you want I don't want to see them ". If you doubt what she tells you get a second opinion, and yes she does treat you like a patient not a person. I could post so much more but I'm sure my posting would be deleted if I was to say what I actually thought of her medical knowledge. The only thing correct about her, are her middle initials FB. I'm sure you can figure them out! We fought a good fight but lost. For those of you still fighting, don't ever give up and don't be scared to ask questions and make sure you get answers and go get a second opinion, it is your life not hers. Don't let her intimidate you and rush you out!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

I did not feel comfortable with this doctor...always in a rush. When I asked a question I felt as if she was offended and most answers were vague. Very clinical and did not show much compassion at all. Last visit she was over an hour late and offered no apology...not even a "sorry for the delay". I was stressed more often than not, before, during and after my appointments with her. Favourite saying "That is no cancer related," so the discussion ended.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2015

Compassionate, knowledgable and very thorough. Always has time to answer questions. Manages referrals and ordering tests, procedures in record time. Wonderful doctor.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

This doctor is very knowledgeable, friendly, and empathetic. I feel like she sees me not just as a patient but as a person. She makes sure that my questions are answered and that she is aware of the status any other medical conditions I have. She sometimes runs a bit late because she gives me and every other patient the time they need with her. My other doctors love her reports as they are very detailed and thorough.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Tremendous doctor! You can tell that this young lady is a doctor because she genuinely wants to help! May you have good health so you can help others as much as you for many and many years to come!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2011