Ratings for Dr. Maxim Tyorkin

Tyorkin had no idea what he was talking about. He made me feel as if the pain I described to him was nothing and common. He misdiagnosed a bump on my shoulder saying it was a fatty tissue. I told him it was hurting a lot and had to push for an MRI- the MRI showed a ruptured cyst! When I went back for my MRI results- he told me to go see a dermo or plastic surgeon because he couldn’t help. I went to another orthopedic surgeon who helped right away and couldn’t believe this doctor treated me with such a disregarding deameanor. Tyorkin completely disregarded what I told him and told me my cyst ruptured because I kept touching it.He was 100% INCORRECT about my bump being a fatty tissue- when the MRI showed a ruptured cyst he didn’t even acknowledge how wrong he was. Turns out this cyst is very deep and big and close to my tendon so I will need surgery to get it removed. I can’t believe how this doctor just brushed off what I had as if it was nothing. Now a month later I am in more pain than ever and going to surgery next week.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011

I made an appointment with Dr. Tyorkin on behalf of my wife, who was experiencing increasingly severe pain in her shoulder. She is very nervous about going to doctors in general, which makes it all the more meaningful that she found Dr. Tyorkin to be so kind, patient, gentle and thorough. He quickly and accurately diagnosed her problem (excessive calcification in her rotator cuff), carefully explained his initial course of pain management and, when the problem did not spontaneously resolve (as such problems sometimes do), quickly scheduled and performed surgery that was relatively painless and completely successful. Before, during and after the day of surgery, Dr. Tyorkin made himself exceptionally available (even on the weekend) to answer all of our questions and allay our concerns. Simply put, Dr. Tyorkin is one of the best doctors either of us has ever had. All orthopedic patients should be lucky enough to work with doctors as kind, skillful and empathic as Dr. Tyorkin.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

Dr. Maxim Tyorkin's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 2000)

Health Net