Ratings for Dr. Nancy Baxter

When my girls were 4 and 1, I was diagnosed with advanced colo rectal ca. Dr Baxter was so mindful of the urgency of "making me better", while preserving my bodily functions. Insisting on shrinking the tumour prior to surgery rather than just "cutting it out!" Like I would have chosen. She worked miracles to remove my cancerous r~t~m and create a new one, with a temporary illeostomy as well. After chemo and healing, she took down the stoma and reconnected my intestine. She was reassuring and efficient and monitors me yearly. Next year will be my final yearly "oscopy". I feel truly blessed and grateful to have had such a proficient and knowledgeable surgeon caring for me.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Dr. Baxter and her team have been an amazing support to me. After dealing with an ongoing issue, I was referred to Dr. Baxter. She was caring and understanding of my situation and she got to the root of the issue. I'm now on the road to recovery after having recently had surgery and I am very thankful for everything she and her team have done. I would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr. Baxter is a very caring, skillful surgeon and I am lucky to have been referred to her. She explained the surgery to me in detail and she even came and visited me every day while I was in hospital after surgery!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

It`s been a nightmare dealing with Dr. Baxter and her staff. Looking for a new specialist to help me navigate the complicated world of colo-rectal cancer.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

I was truly blessed when I met Dr. Baxter and she is definitely one of St. Mike's angels. She and her team performed surgery on me ten days ago. Today I can walk, sit, lie down and get up at will. I felt her care and compassion from the outset and very much appreciated her daily visits while I was in hospital recovering. She answered all my questions and was easily available when I needed her. I recommend her highly and would seek her out should I ever be in need of surgery again. I can't believe that ten days out from my surgery, I am virtually pain free. Br. Baxter is truly an outstanding, humane and caring surgeon. I could not have asked for any better!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I saw this doctor for an issue of great concern. It took over two years to complete the investigation, and when her reommendaiton was made, her office staff neglected to follow through on the referral I would not recommend this physician to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. Baxter was most professional; she undertook surgery on my husband when other doctors refused to do so. Her skill is phenomenal. We commend not only her expertise, but the sensitive, caring manner in which she dealt with the patient and his family.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

My 92-year old mother just underwent surgery performed by Dr. Baxter. She was very caring, sincere and helpful in answering our questions and addressing our concerns. My mother is recovering well post-op. Dr. Baxter is one of the best doctors to ever care for my mother, and praise for her services is well justified.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2013

I recently had surgery with Dr Baxter. She went through things thoroughly and visited me every day in hospital, even over the weekend. There were resident doctors as well, but you get that at any hospital in downtown Toronto. She called me with my pathology report as soon as it was available and that was a big relief. You can wait a while to see her in clinic, but I always felt like she made time to listen to me

flag | Submitted June 25, 2012

I was initially introduced to Dr.Baxter on April/17/2012-turned out to be the best day of my life Dr.Baxter along with her colleagues Dr.Baker,Jo Hoeflok,Cristina,Melodie and Alicia were nothing short extrodinary.I found Dr.Baxter to be very helpful and informative-she explained to me my condition and what proceedures needed to be done-she was right.I'm very impressed with Dr.Baxter and would highly recommend her.Dr.Baxter has given me a new look on life,she is simply the best thank you Best Regards Joseph A.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012