You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Darin Banmann

3rd time I went to see him about the same knee injury, no records on file of past treatment and no memory of me. He came to a different conclusion each time and dismissed my concerns. After serious insistence!, I was given an MRI appointment which revealed soft tissue/nerve damage. He was to refer me to a surgeon, but never did or forgot. Hard to recommend this doctor to others, unless you feel a decade (and counting) is an appropriate amount of time to have knee pain accurately assessed...

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

don't mean to be judgmental but for a doctor he s not in the greatest of shape and not healthy for big man his size, but he seemed disinterested in me as a senior and indifferent as if it was just signs of aging and not much could be done, maybe the result of seeing the same conditions too many times who knows but dont know if i d seem him again but the staff in the supply section were great and spent the time needed to make up for the appointment

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

They have a good system at the clinic , preparing who goes next and when to come back. Each time the nurse called to see me , she was extremely abrupt and rude in words and body language. First she tried to send me away like my condition wasn't urgent - Albeit was very urgent - second time she got busy on her computer typing and I got busy replying to an email on my phone . She didn't prompt me to say she was done so I could put my phone away. She just glared at me and said I can call someone else into the room if you're busy on you're phone. Whoa!!! I was occupying myself while she was typing away. Wow , did not expect attitude like that from a professional clinic. My experience with him was average or below average, I had a total of 5 minutes of his undivided attention and he was walking out the door as I asked my 2nd question only. Because I Felt hurried , my question about whether or not I could continue to exercise left my Mind when I was there and I recalled it on my way home :(

flag | Submitted January 19, 2015

I have spent 7 years seeing various doctors about extreme back pain, starting when I was 13. None of those doctors took me serious, kept saying I spranged my back. I've spent thousands on physio and chiropractors. It wasn't until I could barely walk or sit that I went on my own to see Dr. Banmann. He took my pain serious, and he was the first doctor to suggest a CAT scan!! I was finally diagnosed with a ruptured herniated disc between my L4 and L5. By that time it was too late for any non-surgical interventions. I couldn't walk, or sit. Dr. Banmann is a excellent doctor and still see him to this day. He was sympathic to my needs with my extreme nerve pain, worked well with me, with concern that I lived 4 hours away from winnipeg. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

This doctor is not respectful and does not listen to his patients. He does not address patient concerns. Do not go to him.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2014

I found Dr. Banman to be very courteous, conscientious and professional. He does thorough exams, listens well and asks great questions. He has/is very helpful to me and I find his treatment plan and explanations easily understood. I would recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2014

Dr.Banman treated my Mom with respect, he took as much time as needed, answered all our questions. He was very kind and compassionate he carefully explained his diagnosis and presented the options.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Completely disinterested in my pain. Spent a few minutes with me and told me to go to physio and come back in three weeks. Physiotherapist told me it wasn't muscle pain at all, it appeared to be nerve pain coming from my L4. Went to another doctor who ordered an emergency MRI.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Dr. Darin Banmann's Credentials

MB Health

Updates

• A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "3rd time I went to see him about the same knee injury, no records on file of past treatment and no memory of me. He came to a different conclusion each time and..."

January 21, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "very pleasant, punctual, helpful, kind and professional. would recommend Dr Darin Banmann"

November 30, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://boyd-medical-centre.manitoba.xcanada.ca/". Postal Code has been updated from "R2C0" to "R3C 0C7". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 384 Portage Avenue". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "12049427434".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Very pleasant and helpful. Knowledgeable and assisted me with my medical corns. I would recommend Dr. Banman an the Panam clinic."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "don't mean to be judgmental but for a doctor he s not in the greatest of shape and not healthy for big man his size, but he seemed disinterested in me as a seni..."

March 24, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "They have a good system at the clinic , preparing who goes next and when to come back. Each time the nurse called to see me , she was extremely abrupt and rude ..."

January 19, 2015