Ratings for Dr. TZ Chen

Dr TZ Chen and his entire staff (Cindy, Georgia, Jenna, Karen, Maureen, Ziha and anyone else who I am forgetting) they are the knowledgeable, caring, helpful, compassionate, professional, friendly group of people I've met. They are also encouraging & uplifting. Dr. Chen is 99.99% on time. There was a time I was told by Dr David Robson a spine specialist of Missouri Baptist, that there was nothing more that can be done. I was facing bone fusion BUT Dr Chen looked in my the eyes & said don't do it. Donald, it will cause you more problems & more pain. I trusted him. Dr. Chen also told me to trust him, think positive, eat healthier & follow thru with treatments, the medicine, get your rest & baby steps. At the time I honestly didn't believe him BUT after a few short visits and then the treatments plus the medicine. I have improved, I still deal with pain BUT it has gotten better all because of Dr. Chen the treatments, the medicine and his entire staff.. I trust Dr. Chen completely & I'm extremely grateful that he is helping me deal with this pain.. Dr Chen has this saying "I'm grateful, I'm alive & I'm kicking"... He makes me smile every time I see him. Dr Chen does not know this but a long time ago I said with hesitation I said I'll do it.. WOW!! that has really changed NOW!!! I say I'LL DO IT!!!!! with honor... In fact August 1, 2017 I started a company called I'll Do It.... 5 stars all the way....... What I really should do & I have not done as of yet is to say THANK YOU. It's not a cure all BUT WOW!! Dr Chen, the treatments, the medicine, his entire staff has made my life worth living & with a little less pain.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

Dr.Chen is the best dr. Out there to treat pain but unfortunately the end of August I feel cleaning my sliding glass doors .There's 2 steps you have to becareful and that's what I did I was cleaning the top and went to step down and fell on my tailbone and hurt my back. Well instead of calling him I just took 2 extra pills to help. I don't abuse my medicine I've been going to him for 17 yrs. Well about 2 an a half weeks later he called me in for a pill count of course I was short because of the fall and he dropped me. I was heart broken after 17 yrs I thought he would give me another chance. But he didn't and I'm having a terrible time finding another dr. But it was my fault not his I should have called first. I miss him and the staff so much. But I begged him to take me back. But he just wouldn't so I'm so sorry dr. Chen. I wish I had another chance. Thanks for making me feel better for quite a while anyway. Now all I'm doing is suffering. But it's in God's hands and I'm not a bad person. Looking for help.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

My experience with Dr Chen & his entire staff, has been a real blessing to me & my life. His entire staff is professional, personal, friendly & encouraging for me makes my life worth living. Dr. Chen & his staff are always punctual. very helpful & very knowledgeable. He makes sure to say a short prayer each & every visit. If you're in physical pain he's the doctor to see. The treatments along with the medicine has helped me. I was told by a Dr. David Robson (spine specialist) that I have to have bone fusion in the lumbar area This was back in about 2009-2010. I spoke with Dr. Chen & he told do not do that because it will cause me more problems and more pain. I completely trust Dr. Chen. I still have pain issues, at times my legs still gives out go numb & tingling then the pain radiates to my stomach, but for me I expect that because I was hit or struck by an 18 wheeler in 07. Dr Chen did not cause these issues I have, but with the issues I have in life (the pain I'm under), Dr. Chen has made my life much more bearable & livable, . When it comes to helping me with dealing with the physical pain, Dr Chen & his entire staff is the greatest, He's kept me out of that wheel-chair for over 8-9 years even encourages me to walk & not to feel sorry for myself.. He is Encouraging, uplifting, positive, knowledgeable, punctual, helpful & is personal, treats you like a human being & not a number. I am grateful for him & his entire staff, a REAL BLESSING to me....

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I love Dr Chen! He is always happy, upbeat and cares about his patients. He has helped me so much and I will keep going to him forever!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I can't truly rate Dr. Chen because he wouldn't accept my case. I'm a cash customer and he insists on insurance. It seems to me that for a pain management doctor to turn away a patient for not having insurance is spitting in the eye of Hippocrates. If and when I have insurance, I'll remember NOT to go to Dr. Chen.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Wow! It has been a very long time since I have found a doctor who is so positive, so helpful and concerned about his patient. I have had the unfortunate problem of having multiple, painful health conditions for over 20 years, so I have been through scores of doctors in multiple states, and I can say that in all these years and doctors I have encountered only 2 others that I would put in a class with him. I live in Missouri-moved here 2 1/2 years ago and had been on methadone for years-since whenever they took darvocet off the market. When informing the doctors here of that, they instantly and visibly flinched-saw Dr. bodefeld for over a year, and he was cold and dismissive-only time you saw him or even talked to him was when you got injections. PAs would run and ask him questions and rather than talk to me directly, right there in the office, it was always through the grapevine. Didn't listen to my complaints about other areas in my back that needed his attention. Finally, I was dismissed from his practice because I use marijuana to help relieve pain and it really helps with nausea. SonI went to Dr. Manchada-went thru an extensive pat. history by his PA, Lori, who was great-then he came in the room with his hands on his hips and YELLED at me that he was not going to give me any pain medication for at least 2 months and probably longer than that until I had several urine tests clear of marijuana-didn't ask why I used it or how he could make it so I didn't need it-just threatened me and bullied me. So thank God I found Dr. Vladimir Gelfand, the man who literally saved my life after Dr Manchada, who LISTENED to me and did an MRI, which showed many! More problems in the back that Boedefeld neglected to investigate. When Dr. Gelfand referred me to Dr. Chen, I thought here we go again-it is either this of drive or fly back to Michigan every 3 months . Dr. Chen throughly exceeded my expectations! He radiates compassion, listens, and offers and discusses treatment options and is not afraid of methadone . He is through, competent, and inspiring-giving me hope that I can get quality of life back.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr. Chen and the entire staff is AWESOME! They're ALWAYS on time. They are highly professional, extremely encouraging, positive, upbeat, they will even call you to remind you of the appointment time. I can NOT say enough great things about Dr. Chen & his staff. However, what is really the UT-MOST thing I can say is that Dr. Chen & the treatments that he gives me is that THEY WORK! Listen, to him and then do exactly what Dr. Chen says to do. If Dr. Chen says to lose weight DO IT!! Dr. Chen has helped me to live my life again. Granted, I am NOT totally pain free BUT over-all I am doing so much better PLUS I am walking because of Dr. Chen. (long story) On December 7, 2007 I was hit by a semi. I have a nerve problem in my lower back, the one spine specialist wanted to do bone fusion. Dr Chen was on my case about losing weight, eating better PLUS the treatments. They have ALL HELPED. Listen to Dr Chen closely & attentively. AGAIN, Dr. Chen & his staff I believe they saved my life.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2014

Loving Caring Christian Physician. I've been a patient for quite sometime. I've always been treated with the utmost respect. Dr Chen listens intently to his patients and cares deeply for them. He and his staff are the kindest people I've met in the medical profession. I suffer with chronic neuropathy nerve issues. When I first started going it was so bad I could barely walk, stand or sit. My life has improved so much since that time. My pain has diminished to about 90%. On days when the pain has reached an all time high, I find comfort in Dr Chen who sits and hold my hands in prayer with me. I highly recommend him to anyone. I had many doctors before Dr Chen who thought I was making the pain up and allowed me to suffer in my pain. Dr Chen on my initial conversation understood and has cared about me, the individual. I'm not a chart, I'm a human being to him and his staff. Great team of People, who care about people.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014

I'm angry at the false statement about Dr. Chen by someone being terminated by Dr. Chen because of drug abuse. I overheard the conversation. I have been treated by Dr. Chen for over 15 years. He is a pioneer in his field. He has totally changed my life. I used to think about suicide because of chronic pain. Thanks to Dr. Chen, now I can play with my grandchildren. I used to be hospitalized almost monthly before I met Dr. Chen. I have not been in the hospital because of pain in the past ten years. Dr. Chen is a compassionate, caring and loving Dr. His staff are like my friends. I enjoy going to his office.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2013

This man has no business giving injections without floriscope i will suffer nerve damage for the rest of my life not to mention drug addiction ive seen several dr.sthat say its not ethical or correct to inject narcotics into nerves including his mentor you can pray with patients because they will need gods hands to protect them from this man dr. Chen ill see you in court soon you need to stop before you kill someone god forgives but how many times when you know you are wrong

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

Dr. TZ Chen's Credentials

• China Med Coll, Taichung, Taiwan (385-05 Prior 1/71) (Grad. 1979)