Ratings for Dr. Miriam Leung

We have had her for a family doctor for 15 years. We have come to realize that she is the worst doctor the health care system could possibly churn out. Her receptionist is beyond useless. I don't even know where to start with her so won't. We have diagnoses our own ailments. She has zero compassion now. She needs to retire She has no idea how to diagnose. How the #%&%$$ can you suggest a treatment if the patient can only talk about one issue? She is so bad. We changed doctors and he found so many things that made so much sense by actually spending more than 5 minutes to listen.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Privacy is not their strong point. My results were given to my MOM! So embarrassing

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Have been seeing her for 30 years. She is knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

She may be literally the worst doctor I have ever had the displeasure of meeting. She is so rude she will literally tell you your concerns are nothing and if you speak up she will hastily give you a RANDOM medication, without telling you how to use it or what the name of the medication even is (anyone who has received a tub of orange jelly will understand) to get you out the door. She overbooks patients and consequently brushes off your concerns as quickly as possible to get to the next person. I have been stuck waiting over an hour before. Getting in on time is rare. Even her staff is awful. Her secretary has LITERALLY given me another patients test results over the phone. When informed of her mistake, its like she doesnt understand and again tries to tell me again that I am this other patient. I am at awe of how this practice is still running. I feel sorry for the elderly patients who think this is how patients can treat their patients, they dont know any better. Please do not go to this doctor.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

If you want to have a doctor who has no consideration for your time please see Dr. Miriam. She's living in the age where people had so much respect for doctors they wouldn't dare speak up about being made to wait an hour or two. LEARN HOW TO BOOK PATIENTS. I asked to be seen at 1 they refused because its at their lunch. I came in at my appointment time, 12. I waited an hour. They saw me at 1.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

Dr Leung has been our family doctor for 24 years. She is a thoughtful and knowledge doctor. Calgary population has been increases dramatically. It's hard to have an experience family doctor like her . We feel lucky to have Dr Leung taking care of our family for 24 years and so on.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

Every time I come for an appointment I have to wait at least 45 minutes and on one occasion an hour and a half. When I come ON TIME there are still people waiting ahead of me. Why do they overbook and tell me to come at 12 when they don't see me until 1245-1. It's ridiculous.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

Worst family doctor ever. Very rude and impatient. She is not respectful to other people. She was 45 minutes late for both me and my mom's appointment, Didn't say sorry or anything, rushed through our appointment, and didn't want to answer any of our health concerns since she said no questions will be answered. Such as a sleeping problem that my mom had for over a year and she just said she won't answer anything. Very rude doctor!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2013

Miriam has been our family doctor since the 1980s, before I was born. I am now 19, and I've had it. My brother has vitiligo, and this has been causing a ton of stress on my mother (worried about the stigma my brother might have to face when he grows up). Miriam hastily (in 10 seconds, I swear) misdiagnosed his CHRONIC disease of vitiligo as a MUCH simpler, trivial condition called tinea versicolor . She even went as far as to prescribe medicine for her misdiagnosis. Furthermore, after realizing that my mother was stressed out, she became her usual rude self, saying that my mom's annoying and asking far too many questions. like all the other reciewers on here, I also wonder. Why are you still practicing? You clearly have no regards for the health of others. will be switching doctors after almost 30 years of loyalty.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

When we visited her the first time, she said she disliked my family because I asked some questions. I was shocked by her rude words and after I had my first miscarriage by her ignorance one year ago, I've never been there again. I do not have any contact with this impatient lady now and I don't know why she is still a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2012