Ratings for Dr. Craig Timms

Excellent, highly recommended. Answered all my questions so I could understand the process

flag | Submitted April 17, 2018

Mr Timms performed my anterior cervical discectomy fusion (ACDF) surgery at C5/6 in September 2015. Ten weeks later I was totally pain free and back at work; the operation was an outstanding success. Unfortunately, I was rear ended in a car accident several weeks later which caused a serious issue at the level below - C6/7. I exhausted different conservative treatments that failed to improve my condition. In August 2016, Mr Timms performed a bilateral foraminotomy at C5/6 & C6/7 to release pressure off the nerve. This was a conservative approach to avoid another more serious fusion surgery which was considered a last resort. Despite some early improvement, my pain symptoms flared after returning to the demands of full time work and my condition deteriorated badly. I went through more tests, scans and again more conservative treatments that failed. In November 2017, I finally succumbed to surgery with an extension of my previous ACDF to include C6/7 performed by Mr Timms. Three and a half months have passed and I'm feeling significant improvement. Mr Timms advised it could take up to 12 months for a full recovery and I have some work to go yet but so far everything has gone to plan as he predicted. I could not recommend Mr Timms more highly based on my experience. My wife came to most appointments and he spent time ensuring we both understood the pros vs cons of any procedures as well as answering all the questions we had. We were never rushed and he always took us through the various scans or tests, explaining the results clearly and in simple terms. It was daunting facing multiple serious surgeries but I always walked out of his office feeling confident I was in safe hands. I got second opinions along the way but no one made me feel at ease like Mr Timms did. He is polite, has excellent bedside manner and is a true professional. I was at Epworth Richmond for all three surgeries and did not hear one bad word about him from any doctor, nurse or patient. Whenever I speak to a medical specialist that knows Melbourne's Neurosurgeons, they all regard him as one of the best. I can't thank Craig Timms enough for everything he has done to help get my life back on track. If you are researching to choose a Neurosurgeon then I encourage you to put Mr Craig Timms on your must see list. He is a true gentleman who I cannot speak more highly of. Jason Wilcox, The Basin (VIC)

flag | Submitted March 9, 2018

Craig Timms changed my life. I was stuck on narcotic pain relief for approx 2-1/2 years before seeing Craig after 3 failed lumbar spine surgeries. Craig offered multiple level spinal fusion in which he delivered at Richmond and I spent approx 12 days in recovery before delivered home. I am currently doing all I could do before the first surgery and could not be happier. Heat hospital by the way.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

I was transported by Helicopter from Latrobe Hospital in Gippsland to Monash Hosp. after my wife found me unconscious at approx.5am on Saturday 2.6,201. The Drs at Latrobe told my wife it was touch and go whether I would survive the trip & delay to Monash Hosp.. Craig Timms and his assistants met me and took me in to the ER. My wife arrived at about 10.30am and was told that their was not much hope for me. I had a fall on the Monday 29th May playing table tennis. I went to have scans etc on the 31st May, and nothing showed up. On the 1st June I developed a bad headache around 5pm. I had a light meal, went to bed at 8pm and that is the last memory I have until Monday 12th June when I was in the Ambulance taking be back to Latrobe Regional Hospital for 5 weeks of rehabilitation. Craig Timms along with Dr Chris Donaldson had me all wired up in the Operating Theatre for about 5 hours. The Doctors spoke with my wife for 15 minutes, advising her that next 24 hours were critical, and that I had an Acute Subdural heamotoma ( a large bleed) in my left side of my brain Well I got thru ok with thanks to staff at Monash and LRH, but most of all, I owe my life to the skills of a wonderful NEUROSURGEON, Craig Timms and his assistant Chris Donaldson . Geoffrey Davidson Traralgon

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I had sciatica and back pain, numbness in my legs and issues walking and witrh my bladder for over two years and tried alternate therapies and nothing worked. i took the plunge and went for surgery, he is thorough wonderful and goes through all options. i can now walk again with no probelms and pain free, thankyou Craig for giving me my life back

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr Timms operated on me 4 months ago. I spent 2 years in constant pain and after exhausting all other options, i sought a surgeon. I live in QLD but traveled to Victoria to have Dr Timms and it was well worth the trouble. He was very considerate and informative right from the get go. He explained the risks V's benefits in a very easy to understand manner and pointed out the areas of trouble on the Xray. His bed side manner is really nice and treated me like a human being with compassion and understanding. Im now back to exercising for the first time in years and feel like i have my life back! I had surgery at Epworth hospital and accompanied by my Bupa cover, it was like a first class hotel in a private room.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I had an ACDF - C/6 C/7 4 weeks ago June 4th 2017. After being hospitalised for 2 weeks for extreme acute pain I woke from surgery completely pain free and remain that way 4 weeks later. I am not on any pain meds the surgery was a complete success. Mr Timms has a loverly manner and is extremely professional and put me at ease. My GP cannot believe how well and fast I have recovered. Based on my experience I highly recommend Mr Timms.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

If you need a neurosurgeon don't go anywhere else! I have seen 4 surgeons through out my time and I have never met a nicer more down to earth man. Nothing was too much to ask he listened to me he involved me and my wife in all discussions and gave me options and great advice. A truely lovely man highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Surgical Expertise is brilliant. Approachable, explains things clearly

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Thanks Craig for seeing me yesterday and i will heed your advise on keeping myself in check with my health, say g'day to my brother in law Paul Mittersteiner for me also, thanks

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017