Ratings for Dr. Craig Timms

Craig Timms changed my life. I was stuck on narcotic pain relief for approx 2-1/2 years before seeing Craig after 3 failed lumbar spine surgeries. Craig offered multiple level spinal fusion in which he delivered at Richmond and I spent approx 12 days in recovery before delivered home. I am currently doing all I could do before the first surgery and could not be happier. Heat hospital by the way.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2017

I was transported by Helicopter from Latrobe Hospital in Gippsland to Monash Hosp. after my wife found me unconscious at approx.5am on Saturday 2.6,201. The Drs at Latrobe told my wife it was touch and go whether I would survive the trip & delay to Monash Hosp.. Craig Timms and his assistants met me and took me in to the ER. My wife arrived at about 10.30am and was told that their was not much hope for me. I had a fall on the Monday 29th May playing table tennis. I went to have scans etc on the 31st May, and nothing showed up. On the 1st June I developed a bad headache around 5pm. I had a light meal, went to bed at 8pm and that is the last memory I have until Monday 12th June when I was in the Ambulance taking be back to Latrobe Regional Hospital for 5 weeks of rehabilitation. Craig Timms along with Dr Chris Donaldson had me all wired up in the Operating Theatre for about 5 hours. The Doctors spoke with my wife for 15 minutes, advising her that next 24 hours were critical, and that I had an Acute Subdural heamotoma ( a large bleed) in my left side of my brain Well I got thru ok with thanks to staff at Monash and LRH, but most of all, I owe my life to the skills of a wonderful NEUROSURGEON, Craig Timms and his assistant Chris Donaldson . Geoffrey Davidson Traralgon

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I had sciatica and back pain, numbness in my legs and issues walking and witrh my bladder for over two years and tried alternate therapies and nothing worked. i took the plunge and went for surgery, he is thorough wonderful and goes through all options. i can now walk again with no probelms and pain free, thankyou Craig for giving me my life back

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Dr Timms operated on me 4 months ago. I spent 2 years in constant pain and after exhausting all other options, i sought a surgeon. I live in QLD but traveled to Victoria to have Dr Timms and it was well worth the trouble. He was very considerate and informative right from the get go. He explained the risks V's benefits in a very easy to understand manner and pointed out the areas of trouble on the Xray. His bed side manner is really nice and treated me like a human being with compassion and understanding. Im now back to exercising for the first time in years and feel like i have my life back! I had surgery at Epworth hospital and accompanied by my Bupa cover, it was like a first class hotel in a private room.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

I had an ACDF - C/6 C/7 4 weeks ago June 4th 2017. After being hospitalised for 2 weeks for extreme acute pain I woke from surgery completely pain free and remain that way 4 weeks later. I am not on any pain meds the surgery was a complete success. Mr Timms has a loverly manner and is extremely professional and put me at ease. My GP cannot believe how well and fast I have recovered. Based on my experience I highly recommend Mr Timms.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

If you need a neurosurgeon don't go anywhere else! I have seen 4 surgeons through out my time and I have never met a nicer more down to earth man. Nothing was too much to ask he listened to me he involved me and my wife in all discussions and gave me options and great advice. A truely lovely man highly recommended.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Surgical Expertise is brilliant. Approachable, explains things clearly

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

Thanks Craig for seeing me yesterday and i will heed your advise on keeping myself in check with my health, say g'day to my brother in law Paul Mittersteiner for me also, thanks

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Mr Timms performed micro discectomy in May 2016. I was made to feel comfortable ever step of the way and 5 months post surgery I am almost back to 100% and totally pain free. The staff and team are professional and I would not hesitate in recommending the service. Wish I had done the surgery earlier. Excellent service and totally life changing surgery.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

Mr Timms performed a micro discectomy on me on 4/7/2016. The entire experience from initial consultation through till now (1 week post op) has been exceptional. This man knows his stuff ! Not only that, he genuinely cares about his patients. The nurses at Epworth Richmond commented on how clean my surgical incision appeared, Mr Timms performed so well for my surgery. I was the last of several patients he operated on that day, so he finished work by about 8pm. He was at my bed side the next morning by about 7am to see how i was doing and to explain the details of the surgery. I can't rate Craig Timms highly enough. I'd certainly recommend him to anyone seeking an opinion on neuro surgery because this chap is one of the best in the business. 10/10 !!!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016