Ratings for Dr. Yubo Ren

dr. ren is great. i have never been more comfortable with any doctor. i literally tell him everything. since moving to this new practice i find great improvment with his staff. his recipionists are great his nurses are great. if ren is not in for awhile the other doctors will see me and they are all very nice

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I now live in kingston. While in Ottawa Dr. Ren was my GP. I found him very knowledgeable and helpful. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

First off, let me start by saying I don't believe he has any malice or ill will. I think he generally cares about people. It's just that he's incompetent. He has made several errors over the last few years with Rx's and treatment that have resulted in extreme discomfort and one emergency room visit. The ongoing joke between myself and my pharmacists is how many times he has made mistakes on scripts that they've had to call him to clarify and correct. I think it may be that English is not his first language. I'm desperately trying to find a new family doctor. The older female receptionist is usually pleasant and helpful. The younger one is ok, but I wasn't overly impressed the one day when she ignored the lineup of patients only to exchange PDA's with her boyfriend/husband. Sure it may have been on her off time, but entirely inappropriate. My advice is don't use Dr. Ren's services unless you are absolutely stuck.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

My husband and I followed Dr. ren to his new practice on Hazeldean, thinking and hoping that the service would be much better. After a few more appointments, at the new clinic, we continue to be disappointed. My husband left the clinic this afternoon without seeing the Dr., he was escort to an examination room twice. The first time to be return to the waiting room as the examination room and not been prepared for the next patient. On the second escort, he waited for 35 minutes for Dr. Ren. My husband could hear the Dr. With his patient in the next room. With a busy afternoon ahead, my husband left the clinic without seeing the Doctor. We also have another issue of Dr. Ren calling us to schedule appointments to discuss test results. We are hoping that the clinic did not charge OHIP for today's appointment. We are now looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2014

Dr Ren has been taking care of four members in my family for several years. He is kind and caring, he takes his time to do a full exam for check-ups and always makes time for questions. Dr. Ren quite clearly has a great deal of knowledge in his specialty and provides valuable advice to his patients. He made urgent referral to other specialties for my mom, and called back his office to make sure that the test he ordered was done as scheduled while he was working in a hospital outside Ottawa! We are so lucky to have him. His staff in the new location are very friendly and helpful as well. Thanks.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Dr. Ren is a good doctor, he is very nice. His knowledge solid, very patiently explained.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

I since moved to another City. After finding what a caring doctor does for you, I am still dealing with the distress caused by Dr Ren and his male terminator nurse. After watching the reaction of Dr Ren following my concern about a pain, I asked casually if he thought it was cancer. He answered we'll see. He then gave me a requisition for an ultrasound telling me: we'll call you if it's cancer. I went home in shock. The technician informed me that everything was ok but I still got a call from the clinic telling me that Dr Ren wanted to discuss the report (bad). When I got there, he had to read, what seem to be the first time, the report and informed me that everything was normal. He has no interest in discussing how to handle my pain. I am still dealing with the anger and feeling of loneliness.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

Dr Ren is a good doctor. Knowledgable and helpful. The new girl nurse is very nice, but may need some time to handle this multi-task position. Everything has been improving.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013

Rude staff and indifferent doctor. Don't expect any help here. I tried to get an answer about a specialist referral made a long time ago and was totally ignored, it is making me wonder if the referral was even made.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

Dr. Ren is my parents' family doctor. We felt he is very knowledgeable, and responsible in reading test results, and sent them for further testing, and consulting specialists for their issues. My parents are very happy with him.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2013