Ratings for Dr. Peter J. Christiano

Self Absorbed and incompetent. Has no regard for what the patient says regarding symptoms. Dont bring anything to the office with you regarding your concerns, as he will not look at anything at all. After 20 years, I was successfully diagnosed by the PAs' and nurses, and treated. He "hair trigger" prescribes without deep consideration, and leaves quickly. The bottom line is, unspecified incompetence!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

not very helpful with diagnosing my condition and i felt like my concerns were not taken serious

flag | Submitted October 26, 2010

I went to see Dr. Christiano 5 times over 3 weeks for unknown itching, irritation, and tingling. He told me that there was nothing wrong with me physically, and told me to see a psychologist and go on anti-anxiety meds. He also referred me to a dermatologist. I am not sure why, if he was so certain that there was nothing wrong. I asked to be referred to a Neurologist and he refused. He told me to take prescription strength ibuprofen times a day, even though I had an ulcer 2 years prior. I did not do that. 3 months later it was determined by another doctor that I have/had shingles. And all of my symptoms were pre-herpetic shingles symptoms. There is nothing like a doctor telling you that you are crazy instead of actually listening to the patient. I have been seeing this doctor since I was 14. I am now 30 and he spent all of 3 minutes before diagnosing me with "Anxiety". I will never be seeing this doctor again. I feel so insulted and used.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Dr. Peter J. Christiano's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1985)