Ratings for Dr. Gail B. Whitman

I will not return to her. I came into the office with 3 identical cysts I was concerned about. She removed one for biopsy. Not just a scraping but a total removal. During the ensuing weeks the other two cysts disappeared. I am permanently scarred in the area she removed the cyst for biopsy. I don't believe she knows benign from -non-benign. So, she was horrible for me.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

I think that she is great. She was friendly, concerned, thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2013

I just have to say I have never left any negative comments about a Dr. Before. I brought my son in to see Dr. Whitman, he had a screen breakout and he is only 10. He has never been to a dermatoligist before. When I got in the room the nurse talked to us more then Dr. Whitman. Dr.Whitman walked in the room looked at my sons face blurted out what she thought is was told me what to do, gave me lotion and said she wants to see us in 3 weeks. As a parent I had to ask her to write it down, I never heard of what she said it was. never explained anything to me! When I walked out I approached the nurse that I felt knew more... And had to ask her to explain to me what this was.. She was so helpful giving us info and a pamphlet to read! I have never felt so rushed with a Dr. In my life, I knew something was wrong when I called and got in the next day at the time I wanted..

flag | Submitted January 11, 2013

We went to see Dr. Whitman because Dr. Godwin (our regular dermatologist) wasn't available. As I sat in the waiting room I read these negative reviews and panicked. If I'd read them beforehand I would probably not have seen her and I'm happy I did. To address the other reviews, I would not say she is rushed. She is efficient. She actually asked *me* if I was in a hurry! I went in there because of my daughter's itchy bug bites. When she came in she had already read my daughter's chart and was aware of a mole we were monitoring that had nothing to do with my reason for the appointment. She is totally thorough and cautious and I trust her medical expertise. Bedside manner is a tricky thing with doctors. It really has little to do with their competence. I thought her bedside manner was fine but what's more important is her knowledge and wisdom.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2012

Don't like that a kid comes in to take entire history. She marches in with the same scrub outfit her assistant wears, making it unclear who is the doc. She barks the orders and the tech writes the script. The most negative experience was that her answer to everything is Restlin or botox.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2011

she is kinda quick with the exams. doesn't really talk to you just looks you over, we'll do this or that, and boom out she goes. negative-she sits right outside the exam room with her assistants and you can hear her discussing other patients and she's not very nice about some of them.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2010

Never go to her, she did not explain me anything, she came in the exam room, looked at me and said we will freeze them and if you have some more come back we will freeze the lesions again, that was it, no Hi no Bye, I told her she didnt freeze them good enough she said I dont understand anything and told me to come back if I need to, from all the lesions she froze about 10, only 1 of them disappeared, because apparently she didnt freeze them good enough as I told her. I would offer Dr. Loyd Godwin works in the same clinic, but extremely nice and takes the time to establish a connection with the patient.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2010

Dr. Gail B. Whitman's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1980)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Stratford, CT