Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey A. Jacoby

After trying everything under the sun to avoid having surgery after an auto accident I went to see Dr. Jacoby. He told me my condition was due to the accident and even put it in his notes that it was. Then he referred me to a doctor who I didn't know at the time but was in hot water and ended up doing jail time after he did my back surgery. Dr. Jacoby then denied referring me to this doctor and during my deposition for my accident case said that he couldn't say if the accident was the cause of my injury or not. Leaving me with a alot of medical bills that should have been paid for by the person who caused the accident. I wouldn't send my worst enemy to this doctor. Lying during a deposition is the last thing I expected from a doctor that you're supposed to trust.

flag | Submitted March 7, 2016

Excellent doctor! He diagnosed me after I went to several other doctors who didn't know what was wrong. Very helpful, knowledgable, and personable. I would recommend him to anyone who is experiencing any type of neck or back problems. When he left Manitowoc, I continued to see him in Sheboygan. It was worth the 20 minute drive.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Dr. Jeffrey Jacoby was extremely thorough in everything he did relating to my laminetomy with fusion. He reviewed my X rays and MRI in a manner that was completely understandable, even showing me actual measurements, helping me to understand why a fusion was necessary. Surgery was successful and function was regained when I woke up from anesthesia. During every appointment, he was extremely kind, thorough and used appropriate humor to lighten the mood. I was quite concerned about surgery, having a friend whose family member had died from complications from back surgery recently (in a different city, different doctor) and his concern and explanations helped to lessen my fears. Most importantly, I am again able to walk normally, something I was unsure if I would be able to do.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Dr. Jacoby is definitely one of the best doctors - in any category - that I have seen. He operated on me for spinal stenosis nearly a month ago, and I couldn't be happier. I was back on the job after two weeks and am walking about 2 miles a day after not being able to walk long distances for about 3 years. I'm on my way to recovery thanks to him. I plan on having him do my neck surgery in the fall. His attitude and expertise are fantastic.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

I was extremely disappointed in Dr. Jacoby's attitude towards me, he was very dismissive and made my condition worse instead of better. Maybe it has to do with medicare people or old people in general, that he has no empathy. Maybe it is not entirely his fault that they jam 15 people into the same time slot and somebody had to get left behind, it may as well be the old guy. I have a lifetime of back injuries because I used to be a brick layer for a construction company, and I went to Jacoby because I lost all feeling in both my hands from various surgeries over the years to my lower back and hip replacements. He treated me like it was my fault that my body is going to hell at 59. I don't think they should allow doctors to practice pain therapy who have never experienced chronic pain themselves. It was a total waste of the taxpayers dollars, he obviously never did a day's work in his life. I don't expect him to work miracles anymore, but he could at least have shown some compassion.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2010

Dr. Jeffrey A. Jacoby's Credentials

• Loyola University Of Chicago, Stritch School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Manitowoc, WI