Ratings for Dr. Walter Moscovitz

I have left a couple reviews of Dr. Moscovitz and they always seem to magically disappear.....Notice the dates of the reviews that do not disappear, many are old and with long stretches in between. I had a terrible experience with this 'doctor' and luckily I had the guts to get up and leave and not return. Avoid him!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

A few years ago I lost a baby girl at 19 weeks of pregnancy. My husband and I were devastated. Our baby had died, and we needed to go through the procedure of delivering her. We were told by our (very caring) family doctor that an induced delivery would be best, as we could then see our baby and be able to have a sense of closure. To go through this, I was sent to Rockyview to see Dr. Moscovitz. The moment he walked in the room he seemed annoyed. He told me he didn't know why I was there when I could just go to the women's clinic at Peter Lougheed and get a D&E (dialation and evactuation?). He told me how painful and long the induction would be, and that I might just end up needing a D&E anyway. He seemed heartless and almost confused when I started crying. He had no sympathy or understanding towards my situation. He didn't seem to get how devastating this was, and couldn't seem to comprehend why I would want to do the hard way when there was an easier solution. He viewed it strictly medically. Me wanting to see my baby, and my emotional wellbeing didn't even factor in to his recommendation. Throughout the procedure he continued to be cold, and treat me callously. He wasn't answering my questions or responding to my comments. The nurse told me part way through that he was hard of hearing, which at least excused some of his insensitivity. In the end he was very good at handling the my medical needs, and did make good judgement calls when I started bleeding a lot. I was grateful for his medical expertise. However, to this day I can't believe his insensitivity. He did make me mad, which probably gave me the strength I needed to go through it all, but it wasn't right for him to treat me so poorly. I stand by my decision to go through the induction. We got to find out the gender and the cause of death, which both were huge factors in our closure and healing. His "easy" solution, would have been much harder in the end. I rated the staff as excellent because the nurses were absolute angels.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

No words at all to describe this doctor...bestest ever...just looking at him made me forget all my stress .Extremely patient and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr walter moscovitz has made circumstsion into an art form .im glad I found De walter. The best doctor I recommend this dr thanks

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Dr. Walter Moscovitz has made circumcision into an art form. I spent a lot of time looking for the right dr. and I'm so glad I found dr. Moscovitz. He does the gomco method which is by far the safest method. He is very friendly and took great pains in making sure the procedure was successful. I hope dr. Moscovitz will continue to offer his expertise for many more years as I plan on bringing any boys we have to him. I have nothing but praise for this dr. Thanks doc!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Wish Dr. Muscovite could have been out family doctor!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

We had our son circumcised by Dr. Moscovitz. We are very happy with the doc: explained risks of the procedure; pain control with: EMLA cream, local anaesthetic, and guided us to use tylenol before and after; allowed both myself and my partner to be present (or not) for the procedure; and we are happy with the outcome! Only thing I would have changed is he provided an information sheet on what to expect/look for post procedure where he mentions the baby will be "a little more fussy in the next 24 hrs" I feel that was a bit of an understatement and more teaching could have been done in this area, however, he did provide a number where we could contact him 24/7 if there were any issues. Overall very happy with the care Dr. Moscovitz provided and would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

He is one of the best doctors that I have ever seen. I had an awful pregnancy with so many problems. He made sure that I went through all the test and saw me often to secure the health of me and my baby. When I went into labour early, he came into the hospital although he wasn't on duty that night. He told me that we went through a lot and he wanted to see that we come to a safe end. So he assisted in my C-section. I owe him my life and the life of my baby. With all the complications I went through, I don't think I would have made it without him. Thank u.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

This guy is the worst dr ever, I have posted many rates on him put they always get removed! I took my son to be circumcised by him, first the nurse took my son in the room and refused to let us in and then he came to divert the situation, supposedly he had questions, which where all about our ancestries and where we came from and what our religion was it wasn't a conversation it was an interrogation style! he has this creepy look on his face that left me worried and uncomfortable, when the nurse came out I came in and my baby was half naked and strapped down to this table, ready to be circumcised and after he was done he kept repeating that this it's the way it should be done! my baby started to have adhesion and he now has a full adhesion and needs to have surgery because he left too much skin on! I have 2 other boys that I circumcised with a different doc and they are just fine now. please consider someone else for the circumcision . BTW he wants his payment upfront and cash only!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Excellent! My wife was in labour for 36 hours. There were complications as my sons heart rate would go low with every contraction. Our midwife transfered care to Dr. Moscovitz as he was the on call OBGYN at Rockyview. He knew that we wanted a vaginal delivery if possible. He explored every avenue and even tried a procedure that restored the amniotic fluid to see if our son would adjust himself. After that had failed he recommended a C Section and explained to us everything that was going on, his recommondation and how he came to that conclusion. He left the final choice to my wife and I after explaining ALL risks. An hour later my son was born and my wife was well. He returned the next day to go over everything again and answer any questions. He was realistic in every part of the care. He had no arrogance and an excellent bedside manor. I have no doubt that he saved my sons life. He confidently transferred care back to our midwife and let us go home early.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012