Ratings for Dr. Walter Moscovitz

I had a horrible experience TWICE with this doctor with two of my sons circumcisions. The first time I truly believed that my son felt the pain. I was foolish to think that maybe it was just an off experience and came back based on the reviews with my next son. Another horrible experience. I’m not sure if they have changed their procedure but they had us strip down baby to the diaper and tied both hands and legs down on a metal operating device. Not a good way to settle a newborn. He then injected my kids and started working within a minute after. When my kids screaming escalated after he started performing the procedure, I asked him if my son was feeling it. He did not reassure me and stated that he didn’t know. Both children were inconsolable for at least half an hour afterward. It was traumatizing. Later one of my son’s penis has adhered to the skin and I called the Doctor after hours. He seemed very annoyed with my call. Horrible bedside manner. With my fourth boy we were recommended to try Dr. Crouse. I was terrified to have a similar experience but was absolutely amazed at the extra time and care they took to ensure my son didn’t feel anything. Such a huge difference!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

Been there for son circumcision, one of our friend referred Dr. Walter. My experience is as under Pros : He is absolutely amazing in giving all instructions on when to take Tylenol, apply the emla cream and all the prep before procedure. It took 15-20 min for all the procedure to complete and we were all done, doc explained all the things that can happen after the procedure and how to react, which was great to know. Cons : doc does use old method that is safer but indeed if you are looking for cosmetic result then that would be missing.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2018

If the cosmetic result of Circumcision is important for you, don't consider this doctor. He uses the old standard method, (cutter) not the device.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

I have left a couple reviews of Dr. Moscovitz and they always seem to magically disappear.....Notice the dates of the reviews that do not disappear, many are old and with long stretches in between. I had a terrible experience with this 'doctor' and luckily I had the guts to get up and leave and not return. Avoid him!

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

A few years ago I lost a baby girl at 19 weeks of pregnancy. My husband and I were devastated. Our baby had died, and we needed to go through the procedure of delivering her. We were told by our (very caring) family doctor that an induced delivery would be best, as we could then see our baby and be able to have a sense of closure. To go through this, I was sent to Rockyview to see Dr. Moscovitz. The moment he walked in the room he seemed annoyed. He told me he didn't know why I was there when I could just go to the women's clinic at Peter Lougheed and get a D&E (dialation and evactuation?). He told me how painful and long the induction would be, and that I might just end up needing a D&E anyway. He seemed heartless and almost confused when I started crying. He had no sympathy or understanding towards my situation. He didn't seem to get how devastating this was, and couldn't seem to comprehend why I would want to do the hard way when there was an easier solution. He viewed it strictly medically. Me wanting to see my baby, and my emotional wellbeing didn't even factor in to his recommendation. Throughout the procedure he continued to be cold, and treat me callously. He wasn't answering my questions or responding to my comments. The nurse told me part way through that he was hard of hearing, which at least excused some of his insensitivity. In the end he was very good at handling the my medical needs, and did make good judgement calls when I started bleeding a lot. I was grateful for his medical expertise. However, to this day I can't believe his insensitivity. He did make me mad, which probably gave me the strength I needed to go through it all, but it wasn't right for him to treat me so poorly. I stand by my decision to go through the induction. We got to find out the gender and the cause of death, which both were huge factors in our closure and healing. His "easy" solution, would have been much harder in the end. I rated the staff as excellent because the nurses were absolute angels.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

No words at all to describe this doctor...bestest ever...just looking at him made me forget all my stress .Extremely patient and knowledgeable

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

Dr walter moscovitz has made circumstsion into an art form .im glad I found De walter. The best doctor I recommend this dr thanks

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Dr. Walter Moscovitz has made circumcision into an art form. I spent a lot of time looking for the right dr. and I'm so glad I found dr. Moscovitz. He does the gomco method which is by far the safest method. He is very friendly and took great pains in making sure the procedure was successful. I hope dr. Moscovitz will continue to offer his expertise for many more years as I plan on bringing any boys we have to him. I have nothing but praise for this dr. Thanks doc!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Wish Dr. Muscovite could have been out family doctor!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

We had our son circumcised by Dr. Moscovitz. We are very happy with the doc: explained risks of the procedure; pain control with: EMLA cream, local anaesthetic, and guided us to use tylenol before and after; allowed both myself and my partner to be present (or not) for the procedure; and we are happy with the outcome! Only thing I would have changed is he provided an information sheet on what to expect/look for post procedure where he mentions the baby will be "a little more fussy in the next 24 hrs" I feel that was a bit of an understatement and more teaching could have been done in this area, however, he did provide a number where we could contact him 24/7 if there were any issues. Overall very happy with the care Dr. Moscovitz provided and would recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014