Ratings for Dr. Naveen Poonai

I had the good fortune of seeing Dr. Poonai for my son; we thought he had broken his wrist. He was sent for an x-ray, and when Dr. Poonai came in with the results, he was very caring and thorough in his explanation. He then proceeded to explain that x-rays are not always an effective way to look at possible damage to bones, tendons, muscles, etc, and he proceeded to do an Ultrasound on my son's wrist to ensure everything was okay. I felt extremely fortunate to have seen Dr. Poonai. My only reason for my low rating on Staff is that the Triage nurses in Paeds Emerge are so unpleasant.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I saw Dr. Poon at the ER when my son was sick. The first thing that turned me off was that he comes off so abrupt/rude, and then he teased my 8 year old's hair do by saying "so what's wrong there justin bieber". I wasn't sure if he was generally unprofessional or just not funny until I saw him talk in a condescending manner to one of his training doctors who I thought was very sweet. When my son was getting his IV and blood work done, I asked the nurse more about him and it turns that's "Dr. Poonai is being Dr. Poonai"- I'm not sure what that entailed but we certainly didn't appreciate it. I would hope a children's doctor would not only be knowledgeable but also nice, courteous, and understanding to his patients and to the people working and training with him.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2014

Dr Poonai saw my son in the children's emergency department. He was very kind and attentive and put my child at ease. I felt that we were lucky to see him when the department was so hectic, he still made time for my son.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010