Ratings for Dr. Mark B. Gerber

After two brain surgeries done in Lee county (due to a brain bleed from a motor vehicle accident), with one due to infection in the hospital in Lee County, I was bedridden for months in tremendous skull pain. I knew something was wrong. I went to him for a second opinion and to see if there was anything that could be done. He did diagnostic tests and knew something was off with the hardware holding my skull together. He saved my life or the quality of it. After the surgery pain went away, I was pain free. The best of the best he is. He cares and will not do surgery if he doesn't think it is necessary. I cannot explain how grateful I am for him.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Dr. Gerber was thorough and thoughtful in reviewing my MRI for L4L5 and his recommendation for the least minimally invasive approach was right on target. Found him personable and knowledgeable and allowed plenty of opportunity for me to ask questions.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

Dr Gerber saw me in his office and his PA also. He was quick and to the point, cervical stenosis, and DDD after a tragic accident in 1999. An MRI was conducted, I was admitted the night before and he walked into my hospital room the morning of and said, "NO!" I was shocked and beyond grief. He explained Naples doesn't have the technology to reconstruct my neck! I needed a "Teaching Hospital". He had me stay in the hospital to get rest and sent in pain specialists, Neurologist Dr Vickers. I was so disappointed. BUT he was honest!! He didn't want to do the surgery due to the sole fact that he might cause more pain then relief. He told me I was young and to try w/ my new neurologist to get strong and water therapy. He had the common curtesy to tell me the truth. I'm still anticipating the day I'll have a NEW neck. I was mad at the time, but as I look back on it all. It's because he cared enough not to cause me pain as I suffer enough daily. And I don't take pain narcotics for relief. You learn to live with it, your limits and listen to your body. Cervical Stenosis is extremely dangerous. And this man could have taken my money, caused me harm and told me to take drugs the rest of my life, HE DIDN'T! Do you know why? Because he cares about the patients he sees, he's old school and he isn't a money hungry doctor. He is a doctor for the main reason a true doctor becomes one. To offer help and cure, not harm and collect cash. He IS the real deal!!

flag | Submitted May 27, 2016

Dr. Gerber spend no more than 5 minutes during the consultation, including going thru 2 MRI's. He obviously didn't care for me as a patient after I have a car accident. He discharge me with any conclusive diagnose. I went to a second opinion and now I have a fantastic Doctor. I will never go back or recommend Dr. Gerber unless you want to be out of a consultation in less than 5 minutes.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2015

During this most difficult time, Dr. Gerber, his staff and the ease of communication with Workers Comp was amazing. Thank you.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Dr. Gerber takes the time to have you understand your medical issues and potential surgery. His office is incredibly efficient. One of the best neurosurgeons in the USA. I travel from anywhere I am in the US to Naples just to see him when his care is needed. Simply the best! Any referrals he makes are also outstanding doctors.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2013

My husband had an accident that left him with terrible nerve damage & chronic pain. He had painful surgery & pain failed pain management for two years. Dr Gerber was a gift from God! He is compassionate, knowledgable and skilled! My husband has has a 100% percent recovery, is pain free & back to work! We highly recommend this MD!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2012

Dr. Mark Gerber performed surgery on my wife Frances on 12-1-11, to remove a large tumor on her brain. 4 days after surgery my wife is 110% better and we both found him to be very patient and professional.I believe his skill saved my wife's life. We are truly thankfull for his gift of healing. Thank You Doctor Gerber. Peter and Frances Schaefer

flag | Submitted December 12, 2011

He's great. I rate a 5 straight accross the board. RRS

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

Dr. Gerber was the only doctor to diagnose the cause of my chronic pain that had baffled all the other doctors I had seen in the last 5 years. He listens to you,is compassionate and a truly gifted diagnostician and surgeon. I now have my life back. I can function again. He is the best! His staff is very competent, friendly and professional.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2010

Dr. Mark B. Gerber's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Workers Comp