Ratings for Dr. Frank MacE

Dr. Mace is a 5 star psychiatrist period! He may not have been the most punctual but that was because he was in it to help those who were struggling with mental illness and if an appointment went over an hour he didn't start looking at the clock...never did I feel that. I was VERY fortunate to find him and have had him help me get through some pretty tough times over 14 years. He has taken early retirement and I miss his support tremendously...it's not easy to find a psychiatrist you 'click' with. Wishing him the best...missing him lots. Thank you Dr. Mace...thank you.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2016

Dr Mace probes,challenges and engages on a deep level. He is eager to teach tools but allows the individual to customize them to their needs. He appears to have an eclectic background and is comfortable with many schools of though. Excellent in CBT, DBT he integrates with schematic theory and als, when needed, enters the domain of insight oriented dynamic therapy. I have been very fortunate to find such a skilled psychiatrist. He is also very adept with biological psychiatry and carefully evaluates sleep quality through sleep lab and carefully monitors my blood work. If I had to mention a criticism, it would be that he gives every patient the time that they need and thus he can at times run a bit behind. He jokingly calls the MST...Mace Standard Time. My response to this is that he is clearly "worth the drive to metaphorical Acton!"

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr. Mace has been very helpful and patient with me. He is caring, thoughtful and, while he would like me to give my views and come to my own conclusions, he will give his opinion when asked. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Mace. He has stood by me during hard times, including during a lengthy high conflict divorce. I really appreciate having him to go to and have been able to disclose every possible uncomfortable matter and mistake I've ever made (since no one is perfect), without feeling judged, with the goal of being the best person I can be for my partner, my children, my employer and community. This is how Dr. Mace makes a real contribution; in helping people with self-actualization to benefit the greater good.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

Dr. Mace is totally professional, calm and sincere.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

The best doctor you will find anywhere!!! Kind,caring,understanding,gentle and so much more.He never makes you feel rushed to end a session. He is the best at what he does. I am very lucky to have him as my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2011

I had my first session with him today. Very caring and really knows his stuff. Very good with those needing help with eating disorders and anxiety. Such a genuine and warm person. You can tell he is genuinely interested in helping his patients. He does really tell it how it is though which is what a patient needs.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Mace for many years, and can honestly say that he is one of the kindest, gentle, most caring individuals a patient can ever hope for. He listens attentively and has a remarkable memory, and makes you feel comfortable at all sessions. My experience has been "THANK GOD FOR DR. MACE" when at my worst if he hadn't walked me through my worst moments, I most likely would not be here today. A True Gentleman. He is very probative with his questions, and doesn't let you off the hook easily with "I don't know", because we all really do know, but have learned to hide it well. My life has changed for the better from his counselling, and I continue to learn, as I become more confident in my own skin.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2010