Ratings for Dr. James M. McKee

Dr. McKee helped me immensely with my flat feet thus relieving the pain I had in my lower back and knees. Not one doctor before had measured my legs except him- guess what? One was longer then the other. After getting custom made orthotics which evened out my length disparity my pain level decreased a lot. Their whole staff is super sweet and helpful. Their waiting room is cozy- they even have a little section for kids. OH best part, I asked about what sneaker was best for orthotics,- New Balance- without any urging on their part to buy- i went right next door to feet first- and got a pair of awesome sneakers- plus they have the best cute/comfy shoes as well.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

Dr. Mckee and his staff were all wonderful!My husband HATES going to the doctors but had been suffering from heels spurs and plantar fasciitis due to sports injuries for 3 months. Dr. Mckee took his time explaining exactly how they happen and gave him multiple ways to treat his foot pain. Being a nurse, I always value a doctor with great bedside manner which Dr. Mckee certainly has! He took his time with our visit and we never felt rushed at any point, even though he had an office full of patients. One of the treatments included the dreaded cortisone injection but Dr. Mckee explained to my very reluctant husband why it would be beneficial for him. He agreed and Dr. Mckee made sure that my husband was relaxed ready before he gave him the injection. Needless to say my husband has been pain free and although he needs to have 2 more shots, he feels better about going to see Dr. Mckee because his foot pain is gone. He was recommend to us by my brother and I would highly recommend him to anyone with foot issues!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2017

horrible place dont go here. There are too many other podiatrists. staff is horrible. The dr has a block on his phone and wont let blocked callers in by phone. If you have an emergency and have a blocked phone number you wont be able to speak to the Dr. When I told the office staff my phone number is blocked and i couldn't get a call through. All 5 females staffers stated they have never heard of blocking a call before. (Really? ) So i couldn't get a call through so I went in to the office to make an appointment in person. The little girl at the front desk asked me out loud if I had diabetes? I said, no I have an ingrown toe nail. According to state of maryland rules only a licensed professional is allowed to ask pertinent medical questions. she should not be allowed to ask medical questions that aren't even pertinent. She is not allowed in maryland becuase she isn't licensed in the medical field to ask medical questions. I went two time to his office and there were no patients waiting in the wait room. I was more than willing to fill out their elongated 6 page form for the Dr. There were no patients in the waiting room during this time. This is a good sign he is a bad doctor. If he was a good Dr he would have at least one or two patients in his waiting room. Then every time i tried to answer appointment questions of the front desk receptionist, 5 other female staffers answered too. I finally had to state I can only talk to one person at a time. They all must have been bored from having no patients to attend to. I really felt harped on by the whole staff. I was only trying to make an appointment. wont go here again. the D r needs to remove phone block on his phone.

Submitted December 21, 2016

Dr. Mckee is by far the best podiatrist in Anne Arundel County! He is kind, caring, takes his time to explain things to you to make sure you understand what needs to be done. I had bunion and hammer toe surgery and I am very happy with the out come of the surgery. He also has a wonderful kind and pleasant staff who make sure you are comfortable and run a very busy office with efficient care. I love them all! Thank you Dr. McKee for my pretty foot!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

First visit with my 87-yo Mom. Staff was very helpful in arranging appointment and upon arrival. Appointment was on time and Dr. McKee was informative and has an exceptional "bedside manner." Just a wonderful experience with this entire team.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I was in a panic. My wife and I were invited on a Disney vacation. There was no way, with my foot issues, I was going to keep up with two granddaughters wandering through the Kingdom for 5 days. I was referred to Dr McKee, read the overwhelmingly positive reviews and traveled over 50 miles for my appointment. I’m happy to say, I survived 5 days of “Magic” and currently exercise by walking a mile every day. All thanks to Dr McKee and his fine staff. I was 100% satisfied.

Submitted December 25, 2015

Just like to say a special thank you to Dr. McKee and his staff. They are always courteous, helpful, on-time. His office is so convenient and nicely appointed. I appreciate all he has done for me and my fmily.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

LOVE HIM!! He is a great doctor! very nice and caring!! best foot doctor out there!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

I had plantar faciitis and I am so happy I went to this office. Dr. Mckee and his staff were excellent. I was in so much pain and I am happy to say I am pain free now!!! He gave me a night splint to wear and some exercises to do at home which I did diligently. I bought New Balance sneakers and inserts from his shoe store "Feet First" next store to his practice-most comfortable sneakers I have ever owned. Thanks Dr. McKee :)

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

I took my 6 year old son to see Dr. McKee because he had a large and painful plantars wart on the bottom of his heel(welcome to pool season). I wasn't sure what the treatment would be but I knew it would be painful and neither my son or I would handle it very well. First, Dr McKee's staff made my son feel so comfortable; by the time Dr. Mc Kee came in we were both much more relaxed. Dr. McKee was very gentle and he explained to my son that a wart this size would not just go away and would have to be cut out. My son looked at me a little terrified and whispered in my ear " do you think I could see it?" Gross right? Only a boy but Dr McKee didn't miss a beat he heard Pat and said " of course I will put it in a tiny jar for you to look at but you can't keep it- sorry". They talked about the Redskins and Orioles while Dr McKee was digging out the wart. I hope we never have to go back! But if any of my kids have foot problems or me or my husband for that matter I would definitely go back to Dr McKee.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Dr. James M. McKee's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. McKee was born in Springfield, Massachusetts. As the proud son of a naval officer, Dr. McKee was fortunate to live in many different states and Japan before his family settled in Derwood, Maryland where he attended high school. He graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Kinesiology, the scientific study of human movement and bio-mechanics. He then went on to obtain his Doctorate in Podiatric Medicine at Temple University. After completing a 2 year surgical residency in Philadelphia in 1996 he returned to Maryland and began his practice in beautiful Annapolis. Dr. McKee is Board Certified with the American Board of Podiatric Surgery and a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. McKee has been a staff member at Anne Arundel Medical Center since 1996. He performs surgeries at Anne Arundel Medical Center as well as in his own Ambulatory Surgical Center. Dr. McKee and his wife have 2 children and a golden retriever, Bailey. Dr. McKee enjoys spending time with his family, camping, boating and restoring cars. He enjoys serving the community that he loves and looks forward to taking care of all your foot needs whether in his practice or in his shoe store, Feet 1st.

• English

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Amerigroup