Ratings for Dr. Charles J. Van Meter

I was disappointed by Dr. C. Van Meter. He walked in to the office and didn't introduce himself to my 13 year old daughter or me. Nor did he even exam her skin rash. He stood in front of her about two feet away and asked if she used cherry chap stick (No). Just handed us some sample medicine and told us it was a mint allergy and to stop chewing gum or using mint toothpaste or chap stick. She is 13 and has been using these items for years without problem! I want a real diagnosis and not one based on who know what!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2016

His bedside manner is terrible. I had questions and he left the room without telling me and didn't come back. He did the same thing to my dad and sister. We all changed doctors. He doesn't like to answer questions either. I want more input from a doctor.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2011

He might know his stuff...but he has a huge ego that thinks he is doing the patient a favor by explaining things. He is annoyed by questions. I don't like being treated like an idiot. Get another doc.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2011

Dr. Van Meter is knowledgeable and will adhere to your requests, but don't go to him if you want to give or receive small talk or a long explanation. He isn't exactly brusque, but he is brisk and businesslike and you may feel rushed out of the office depending on what you expect from your doctor. If you already know what you want, however, he's a fine choice.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2010

Dr. Charles J. Van Meter's Credentials

• Univ Of Louisville Sch Of Med, Louisville Ky 40202 (Grad. 1973)