Ratings for Dr. Shawn Spellicy

I suffer from a chronic condition so am in the emergency room quite often, I have encountered him a few times. He has refused me medication, said I'm there too often, and said that I couldn't keep doing this (like I go there for fun) All of this in spite of the fact I have a letter from my specialist stating what is going on, what tests should be done and what medication to give me. It is horrible that a man that is supposed to care for people treats anyone like this. By far the worst doctor I have ever encountered!!!!!!. I have filed a complaint against him

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I took my mom into emergency and Dr Spellicy was the attending physician. I found him to be very honest and direct. I appreciated that he ordered tests above and beyond to assess my mom's situation. I was very satisfied with the treatment and care.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013

When I was 13 weeks pregnant I went in with sever abdominal pains. He ordered an ultrasound and when I was getting it I was shocked he didn't even want to check on the baby. I asked the tech if I could see the baby and thank god I did! The baby had a sever chromosonal abnormality. When he came to give the results to my boyfriend and I he did it in front of everyone! What is even worst is when I asked what chromonsonal abnormality meant he said my family doctor would tell me and refused to answer any questions. I have filed a complaint against him and have had to have it escalated and he constantly lies! He should not be a doctor! Due to him I have been left with sever PTSD.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2013

Encountered him several times now in emergency. Arrogant, rude, condescending, exuding macho image. Poor listening skills. Several years ago, when asked to sign a private ins form, demanded $20 payment to sign form. Called administration next day who informed me that he was not entitled to receive private pay.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

Terrible experience with this doctor. I was rushed to ER with stomach pains so intense I couldn't stand up. He ordered blood test, which all came back "normal" so he told me to go home, and come back tomorrow morning for an ultrasound. He did NOT physical exam whatsoever. I started crying and throwing up after he left the room (after telling me to go home) because I could not stand up and had no idea how I was going to get to my car and go home. The nurse told him that I was throwing up, so he ordered a cat scan. It was only AFTER the cat scan results came back that he paid ANY attention to me. It was then, "Oh wow, you have a huge mass in you!" He is a horrible doctor and should not be working ER. I was terribly traumatized by his lack of care and professionalism. :(

flag | Submitted September 27, 2012

I have seen him on a few occasions and refuse to let him near me ever again. He has a bad attitude and doesn't listen to what you are saying and basically will say you are lying. Stay away from him!!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2011

Terrible doctor, should find a new occupation that does not involve the life of people. He is a incompetent ER doctor and should not be able to have people lives in his hands. He has cost one.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2011

Saw Dr. Spellicy with shoulder pain and found him to be attentive, compassionate and focused on my issue. I received quick enough service given emergency had a steady stream of patients. All in all my experience with this Dr. was positive! On the other hand I would avoid the attending nurse Samantha(Sam)who has short blonde hair. This gal demonstrated complete and utter rudeness, impatience and a miserable attitude. She's in the wrong profession and should seek some human relations management consultation.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

Dr Spellicy is simply miserable. As I sat in triage waiting to be seen all the patiens around me were whispering I hope I don't get him. Well I go him. First he simply didn't listen to what I was telling him. Second he argued with me telling me I was on a medication that I was not on, (he thought I was on it cause another doctor had ordered it), but I was not as I hadn't gotten the message from the other doctor that he had ordered it. It was a very frustrating situation, and simply put I would rather go home in pain and come back when he is off shift than see him.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010