Ratings for Dr. James E. Shadbolt

Dr. Shadbolt did an awesome job on my left foot in summer 2015; I was thankful for his expertise and care. Unfortunately, it seems that due to insurance changes when he operated on my right foot, and performed the identical surgery, that the followup treatment protocol has clearly been changed/modified from what I expected, which is concerning and will definitely be questioned in more detail. He is an excellent doctor, and I would hate to have to downgrade my experience with him and his staff due to potential questions about insurance matters after having had my second surgery with him recently.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2016

Dr. Shadbolt has been a lifesaver for my husband's feet - from helping us patch things up to survive a Disney vacation - to successful surgery which saved a toe - to strategizing with other doctors - he does it all - great staff and wonderful care! We highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I too had been to two other podiatrist, One Dr Weiss is surgery & needle in the joint happy I went to Dr. Shadbolt and felt totally at ease. He explained everything to me , never made me feel uncomfortable He did an xray and told me that the condition I have been complaining about for 10 years was wagstaffe fracture, he even talked to my friend when I said he would probably be in next. You see Dr Shadbolt is kind caring and observant in that he knew my friend was flatfooted. He is the best, forget the rest!!!!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

Dr. Shadbolt is awesome. He is always willing (and able) to answer your questions without making you feel like you're a pest. He is a perfectionist who has an excellent office staff and surgery team. Hang in there doc; I don't ever want to go to a different podiatrist. CF

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

No wonder this doctor is rated as a top doc- he is great. He will listen to you and come up with a plan that you agree with. With me, he was able to correct a problem that 2 other doctors,couldn't - one was a top MCV orthopedist . I I would recommend this doctor to anyone who has a foot problem , either basic or that has stumped the best-he is great.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr Shadbolt has set himself apart from others in his field. His knowledge, kind nature and enthusiasm is why I will continue to recommend him highly to anyone who suffers from all types of foot problems. There is a solution to every problem and Dr. Shadbolt takes the time to find it.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010

I went to Dr. Shadbolt after 2 failed surgeries and every other attempt from another podiatrist to fix my planar fasciitis. He took the time to think out of the box for my foot and made sure that he had tried everything- he never gave up. After Dr. Weiss (another podiatrist) said that I needed to have a 3rd surgery (he already botched the first 2) Dr Shadbolt took the time to do the post-op care that should have been done by Dr. Weiss. He even recommended that I get PT (something I thought I needed YEARS ago, but Dr. Weiss would never recommend). Basically, Dr. Shadbolt is awesome and will do WHATEVER he needs to in order to make sure that you get the treatment you need/deserve!!!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2010

Dr. Shadbolt is very easy to talk to. He got rid of my plantar's wart and even got rid of the wart on my hand while I was there. And it doesn't hurt anything that he's good looking!

flag | Submitted January 21, 2010

Dr. James E. Shadbolt's Credentials

• Ohio College Of Podiatric Medicine (Grad. 1989)

• BCBS Illinois