Ratings for Dr. Steven Fried

Dr. Fried is an experienced and knowledgeable doctor. I have seen him for over 30 years and just left due to his passive/aggressive secretary. I'm sure it isn't easy finding good help, but we just couldn't take the inefficiency and incompetence anymore and moved to another practice just next door - where service is excellent and much more updated.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2017

Dr. Fried has been my GP for over 25 years. It's true that you sometimes have to wait beyond your appointment time, but that's because Dr. Fried spends way more time with his patients than the average GP. He takes a holistic approach to medicine and will go far beyond discussing any particular complaint. In particular, as a physician who has a second practice in a elder-care facility, he is acutely attuned to one's mental state and is interested in how you are feeling in general as much as the specific reason you go to see him. Even though I moved out of Toronto 15 years ago it's worth driving an hour and a half each way way to see Dr. Fried. You won't find a better GP on the planet.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Going to see Dr. Fried is an intellectual experience. He really informs you of anything that ails you. I come out feeling informed and feeling like I am in good hands. The downside is staff - clueless or just plain inefficient???

flag | Submitted January 15, 2011

Dr. Fried has been my family physician for 15+ years. Normally, I only see him for my annual checkup. He is a most thorough medical practitioner and absolutely 'tops' in his diagnositic ability. I recommend him highly to anyone seeking a family doctor.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2009

Cares about his patients. Very thorough. I had not been to see a Doctor in years this man knows his trade.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2009

Dr. Fried is very efficient man. He has a great analytical mind that solves problems quickly. He takes a great interest in his patients, he is patient and thoughtful and a real gentleman as well as an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2009

I've been with this doctor for over a decade and can recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2007

When he was my doctor, he would frequently keep me waiting for hours. He wasn't a little late, he was ridiculously so. I can honestly say he never saw me within 2 hours of my appointment time. I once waited 5 hours for him, and saw him enter the office after two hours. If this were a one time occurrence I could accept it, but this was routine. Once he saw you, he was very good, but I found his complete lack of punctuality to be disrepectful in the extreme. I eventually got tired of waiting and switched doctors.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007

Dr. Fried is sometimes a little late for appointments simply BECAUSE he's so helpful and knowledgeable. This is NOT roller coaster service, it's friendly, helpful and supportive.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2007