Ratings for Dr. Sara Maureen Taman

She is my doctor and my daughters doctor. She was very compassionate with me about a number of medical issues I had in a way that I really appreciated. She is kind with my little daughter and she always tries to make some conversation with you to get to know you which is nice. I always read up on medical conditions we might have and I always find that what she tells me is exactly what the current research is. I also really like that she is not a pill pusher. While it might feel weird to go to a doctor sick and then go home with nothing but the advice to put a certain cream on it or that it is a virus, she has been right every single time. I now think to myself that just going to her makes me better because usually a few days later I am better even if I have been sick a long time.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I recommend Dr. Taman as well. I have always found her to be caring and compassionate; and being a mature woman, is able to relate to those of us in the same age group.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I met with this doctor only once and found her judgemental. Her response to my occasional smoking was "I just don't understand why you people do that"- Hey doc, why not ask sincerely why a patient has a habit or behaviour rather than making them feel judged? She suggested that I couldn't necessarily trust my long-term partnership because we aren't married. I found her old fashioned, judgemental and offensive. The result of those kinds of comments and attitudes is that your patients will simply withhold information that they feel you might judge and their health is at risk as a result. With something as personal and important as your health and wellbeing it's a terrible feeling to be treated this way by a doctor. Left my appointment feeling less well than when I went in.

Submitted May 15, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Taman for about 4 years and I think she is fantastic and wonderful at her job. She is compassionate, caring, always listens and is almost always on time. I have since had a son and she has been wonderful with him too. I just hope she will stay in practice for many years to come as medicine is her calling.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Brushed off every problem I came to her with by saying "oh it's probably blah, blah, blah." does not make refferals or follow up. She brushed off one problem I had and I ended up in emerge with an ovarion cyst. Very upset with this doctor.

Submitted December 3, 2014

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
I try to always do an appropriate assessment of medical problems and investigate as needed. I make referrals when indicated and follow-up on tests when appropriate.

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
I have no information about this issue. I really think this patient should come and discuss it with me so it could be clarified as opposed to writing unpleasant and anonymous comments online. However such is the nature of these websites. Doctors are expected to take time to try to explain things when they must second guess what patients are talking about.

Submitted February 24, 2015

I too feel that Dr Taman is Burnt out or just close enough to retirement that she is no longer engaged. The care she provided me was fine but I will look elsewhere for a GP.

Submitted October 1, 2014

Very nice doctor, always ready to listen and refer to specialists. Appointments are always at least an hour late, not sure if it's the staff overbooking or if it's just taking extra time with each patient.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
I am not always behind and usually patients don't wait for more than 15-30 minutes. This would be very unusual.

Submitted February 23, 2015

A doctor who doesn't know, suggest or care. She doesn't follow through and makes diagnosis based on what other doctors say. Very disappointed with this doctor.

Submitted October 16, 2012

Dr. Sara Maureen Taman's response
Unfortunately due to a death in the family I had to have an unplanned absence and was not there for some patients. Have to trust other colleagues sometimes, especially if they are specialists.

Submitted February 23, 2015

I feel so lucky to have her as my physician . Very helpful,patience and polite . Listens and understands your concern .

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

I am so happy to be in her practice again! I think she's great! Totally listens does her best to try to help. Doesn't rush things (which is probably why she always runs late.) I can't say enough good things... :)

flag | Submitted July 14, 2012