Ratings for Dr. Shelagh Lindsay

Dear Dr. Lindsay, I have been your patient since 1988. You have always given your very best to me and my son. I will be eternally grateful for the countless hours you have given to us. I know for a fact all the Morley people trust and respect you highly. Thank-you for your dedication to medicine and treating the whole body ( mind, body, emotions and spirit.) I love you and wish you well. All the very best to you in your retirement. Hauser

flag | Submitted March 16, 2015

very smart and very caring, Dr.Lindsay knows her stuff! She never rushes in and rushes out when you see her. Amazing

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

Dr. Lindsay is a caring, compassionate physician who is very knowledgeable and skillful. It is with dismay that I see some of the negative stories here, because I have a very different one. After spending over 24 hours in Emergency at the Foothills Hospital with severe abdominal pain, and fever, I checked myself out because the emergency doctors wanted to take out my appendix and somehow I knew it wasn't my appendix, it was my female parts. Dr. Lindsay sent me for the ultrasound where they discovered a severe case of PID, which was cleared up with antibiotics, not surgery. She has sent me for many tests; she is very thorough. She spends as much time with each patient as that patient needs, so sometimes she runs very far behind schedule - but her staff are always willing to let you do an errand or two while waiting. Dr. Lindsay has never failed to test my TSH during annual physicals, and she is a fierce advocate on behalf of her patients.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Lindsay's for over 20 years and consider her to be the best physician I have ever had in 68 years. Her profound love of medicine is demonstrated in her unparalleled compassion and devotion to each and every patient. Dr. Lindsay is, "one in a million" and very deserving of the scholarship established in her name at the U of C Faculty of Medicine from which she graduated many years ago.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

I was a patient of Dr. Lindsay's and she had an excellent bedside manner. However, her lack of competancy almost cost me my life and impacted my lifestyle for years. After giving birth to my child, I told her I was unusually and severely tired/depressed.She chalked it up to 'baby blues' and sent me home. This was not my first child so I knew that there was something wrong/different. Had she had the knowledge to test my thyroid (which is simply a TSH blood test) it would have saved me a hospitalization and more than 2 years of recovery time. By the time I got to emergency, I was hallucinating and suicidal. At the hospital I was seen by an endogrinologist who brought in a team of doctors because none had ever witnessed such a high TSH level (due to untreated thyroid levels). It took me many years to forgive what this woman did to me/my family. She was made aware of what happened and never offered an apology nor did she accept responsibility for her error. Charming but lacks integrity.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2011

I am a cancer patient with Dr. Lindsay and she takes as much time as I need to address my problems. If I were concerned about anything I can express it to her and we address it together. she gives me straight answers and helps me to make informed decisions with my care. I understand her "lateness" with patients because when I needed extra care she took the time in between other patients to address my problems.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

As you get to know Dr. Lyndsay she gets to KNOW you.And she will CARE about you. That may make her late for her next appointment but since it is YOU in her office why care? She must not retire while I still need her (and I have told her that.)

flag | Submitted February 5, 2010

I always thought Dr Sheilagh Lindsay was a wonderful Physician. However, I now give her a poor rating. I always went for yearly checkups and when I discovered a protruding lump on my abdominal area, she kept assuring me it was a muscle. Since I didn't believe this, I changed Doctors. My lump turned out to be an enormous growth on my ovaries and I could have died had I not changed Physicians. The Surgeon felt he removed me enormous growths just before they turned cancerous. Since my yearly checkup had just been two months before my surgery, she should have caught this and called it muscle. This was incorrect.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2008

If someone was to ask me to describe Shelagh in 2 words it would have to be unique and bordering on the edge of crazy, both in a great way. Shelagh has been my family doctor, seems like forever, and she is an amazing person. She has always cared about me, and what is best for me. She takes the time no matter how silly the concern. If there were more doctors like her, I am sure we would be healthier happier people. I moved to Medicine Hat, and would still make the 3.5 hour drive to see her for 3 years, just because no other doctor equaled her standard. I trust her and don't have to second guess her. I never thought I would find someone like Shelagh, but fortunately for me I have found a lady doctor in Medicine Hat who might become a runner up for Shelagh's ability to listen and care. Thank you for the amazing and caring approach to being a great doctor!

flag | Submitted May 17, 2007

Shelagh is one of a kind!! Those of us who are blessed to have her as our Doctor also know the "real" appt time! I wouldn't want anyone else. The quality time with her is irreplacable!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2007