Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey Penn

I have been seeing Dr. Penn for over 6 yr. I was referred to him in 2011 as part of my discharge from hospital for suicidal ideation. Absolutely a great Psychiatrist. Very interested in me as a person, in addition as a patient. Very caring and listens intently to what I have to say. Able to connect the dots in my sometimes obtuse conversation, ensuring he fully understands what is going on with me. He takes whatever time is necessary during my appointments to thoroughly question me, understand my responses, and to make recommendations for my psychological treatment. He thoughtfully gives me his professional opinions. He discusses options for treatment and medications and allows me to participate in making decisions regarding same. He does not push medications and is very open to considering and trying alternative treatment modalities. Very nice personality, friendly and easy to talk to while at the same time maintaining a professional doctor-patient relationship. His administrative assistant is exceptional. I rated him 3 stars on punctuality to be honest about appointment wait times. BUT, I am happy to wait patiently because I know whomever he is seeing is getting the same excellent treatment I get when it is my turn to see him. I have great respect for him as a professional and as a caring person. Really a 5 Star Psychiatrist!

flag | Submitted January 4, 2018

Dr. Penn saved my life. His expertise and knowledge is excellent. He has a policy of getting to the root of the problem. We need more Dr.s like him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Dr. Penn is a gift from god. He is the most easy going medical professional I have ever met, he doesn’t brush things off and genuinely pays attention to what you have to say. He doesn’t push pills which was very refreshing and offers you his honest opinion. He is very caring and I always, always leave his office feeling better.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

DR Penn Rocks!!!! He is very interested in what his patients have to say. Truly concerned with there well being.I always fell better when i live his office.Great person

flag | Submitted September 19, 2017

DR Penn is an excellent doctor!He is caring and gives very good advise.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Best doctor! Actually talks, and is worth listening to.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

fantastic doctor. I have been a patient for 15 + years and he has been a great help to me. Very professional, caring, understanding and thoughtul.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2014

Ive been a patient of Dr. Penn for 16 yrs.When he took me on as a patient I was a broken person. I had given up on myself,and getting my disease under control.Actually I didn't even totally understand it.Dr. Penn took the time to properly diagnosed me,and made sure I understood all medications and regularly reviewed them. Any other medications I may have been taken from my regular PHD that they did not interfere with each other. He worked closely with my employer, insurance company and involved my family when needed.5 yrs. ago I was diagnosed with cancer and even though he was my physiatrist not my medical doctors, his role became the backbone of my recovery. His staff are very professional, kind and promptly return calls.Dr. Penn will tell you the way it is but with profesionalizm,kindness and with sincerity.Dr. Penn honours his profession.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2013

Dr. Penn is by far the best, there is nothing he will not do to help. He is willing to do anything he can to help no matter how difficult things get. He is very easy to talk to and always makes sure you have enough time to address whatever problems one may have. I want to personally thank him for all the help he has provided to my family.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

Dr.Penn is a down to earth, realistic doctor. As noted he is extremely easy to talk to and very caring. I had an extremely difficult case of clinical depression accompanied with anxiety and starting episodes of agoraphobia(fear of the outside, large crowds, etc). Dr.Penn never gave up and succeeded in giving me my life back, as well as encouraging me to not give up, to make very hard decisions into the direction I was going to take with my life. Family doctors cannot give you the help you need for depression and anxiety, as helpful as they are and as much as they try.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2013