Ratings for Dr. William Kent

Sadly after many years of going to him with our two autistic sons, we were told he was going to be retiring and referred to Dr. Gary Kotak. So we phoned up Dr. Kotak's office to be told he doesn't deal with full sedation and go elsewhere to find a dentist. We struggled for 3 years to find a dentist, and my dentist thankfully did give us help by doing x-rays and cleanings ~ our sons required full sedation. Eventually we found a local dentist who was changing ownership and they now accepted the ODSP card. Thankfully just in time because one of our sons had developed 4 fillings while we scrambled to find a new dentist that did full sedation and accepted their ODSP cards. But this dentist as far as we know has apparently retired. : (

flag | Submitted November 24, 2016

I take all my children to see dr.kent . He is fantastic , I have two boys diagnosed With autism and a daughter who is afraid if the dentist . He is up front and tells you what exactly needs to be done and how it is done. We have used him for over ten years now. Once my two younger boys are old enough they will be going to him. His staff is absolutely amazing , and the recovery nurses r great too :)

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

My family and I dearly miss dr kent, as he has retired. We had been going to dr kent for 20 years. I did not like the dentist who took over the practice (no class) and have yet to find a true replacement for dr kent. He was a great dentist and will be missed dearly.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2013

Best dentist in all of Canada. Gentle manner and excellent work!!! I refer him to everyone I know.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2012

I hadn't been to the dentist in 8 years. I hated dentists. I ended up with 4 cavities that needed to be filled. I have never had such a gentle dentist. I barely felt a thing. The staff is ALWAYS pleasent! I have taken my 4 year old son in twice for check-ups and they are always very gentle with him and understand when he is aprehensive.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

WE were referred to Dr. Kent's office and were each given a thorough oral exam with xrays. He and staff.are refreshingly affable .and promptly booked us ,answer all questions and gave accurate estimates and choices . The Work is PERFECT!!. He and . associate Dr. Tam are the gentlest dentists weve EVER attended. My 4yr old .was holy terror in the .chair in past days so the assoc. Dr, Tam suggested asleep dentistry by Dr. Kent. He made it as do-able as possible! The insurance estimate was followed closely after xrays and my daughter had all work done in one relatively easy session.AND...we sent my brother to have work done,,he lost his benefits during treatment so Dr, Kent generously allowed interest free payment over a long while ..(and completed simple emergency care at hand.at NO charge.) My mother-in-law was ill for several months and eventually passed away..both dentists called ,,it was a comfort.This office is GOLD and we send every relative and friend there for treatment.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

We were referred from one dentist to another, each time paying for an "examination" and after paying over $300. for 2 "examinations" we went elsewhere!

flag | Submitted July 23, 2009

My son needed to have dental work done we were referred to Dr.Kent by the Health Unit. I was very pleased with every aspect of our visits with Dr. Kent. The front desk staff which were absolutely fantastic with our every need and went above and beyond answering any questions that we had from procedures to billing and estimates also making sure that we were aware that an estimate done at a consultation when there were no x-rays taken to the actual day of surgery after x-rays when more work was found to be done and explaining that the priced may drastically change so we were not surprised. Dr. Kent who also explained everything to us about all procedures that would be done to my child and the assistant who came and spoke to us during the procedure so we were kept aware of everything going on. The nurse on duty was excellent and very caring with my child. My family had such a great experience in this office that we are now all patients and we all look forward to going to see Dr. Kent!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

My son was extremely afraid of dentists, so getting him the care that he needed was impossible. We heard about Dr. Kent from a close friend, and said nothing but great things about him. I took my son in for the consult first, in which the staff were more than patient and helpful for us. And because my son would not let anyone take x-rays, they told us that there would be x-rays taken while he was under...less traumatic for my son, makes sense to me! Although Dr.Kent was able to see some cavities by just "peeking" in my sons mouth, it was clearly explained that after the x-rays were taken(while he was under), more cavities (etc) could be detected. I highly recommend Dr. Kent to any parent whose child is, or isn't for that matter, afraid of the dentist. Yes the cost is higher than what you would normaly pay, but isn't your child worth it?

flag | Submitted September 7, 2008

Took my 4 year old son to see Dr. Kent after it was discovered he might have a couple cavities. A couple turned into 6. Then he decided that one of them wasn't able to be fixed and had to be extracted instead. The cost jumped from $800 to over $2000 and this was while my son was already in surgery so I had no choice and couldn't get a second opinion. I was left waiting without any word on him for over an hour, and when he awoke, the nurse was rude and brash with me because he wasn't cooperating and was upset. I think I met Dr. Kent once during the 2 visits we made, and it was for less than a minute. Very unprofessional. Then came the billing issues. We were double billed for anesthetic and double billed for 2 of the cavities that were fixed. This took 4 months to correct and they still didn't spell my sons name correctly. Worst dentist and office staff my family has ever dealt with. I steer everyone I know away from him.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008