Ratings for Dr. Richard B. Meyrat

In the beginning, I really liked Dr. Meyrat. He had a good bed-side manner and seemed to care. He performed a spinal fusion on me and the surgery seemed to go very well. However, 8 months later the symptoms I saw him for originally have become progressively worse at a very rapid rate, I have developed a severe limp and neurological complications that have completely changed my quality of life. He is puzzled by my condition and suggests we go in and do two more fusions. After further researching him and getting two more neurosurgeon and neurologist opinions, all concur that I definitely do not need more surgery and that I have a neurological disorder that presents much like MS. The other four doctors have reviewed the 8 MRIs and bran scans I've had performed in the past 8 months and none of them understand why I would have had surgery. It's not Dr. Meyrat's fault that I have this disorder, however, I lost 8 months of working towards a diagnosis, a $4000 co-pay for surgery and 4-weeks off of work. After learning more about him in our community of doctor's, Dr. Meyrat does surgery 100% of the time. Surgery is not always the answer. If you feel certain that it is, I think he is a good surgeon. But if you need a doctor that will look at the whole patient and do what's best for them (not his wallet), then I do not recommend Dr. Meyrat.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

Dr Meyrat seemed absolutely uninterested in my condition even after multiple surgeries and complications. His staff was rude and punctuality is nonexistent in his office. I had some concerns after being discharged from the hospital and it took up to a week and a half just to get an answer. I would NOT recommend Dr Meyrat to family or friends.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2012

Dr Meyrat was very helpful and straight forward. From showing and explaining the exrays to all of the possibilities with the outcome of my fathers blood clots removal. The operation came out very succesful with rehab in process. Along with his referal to an urologist. We nare very pleased with his work and professionalism.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2011

I saw Dr. Meyrat 3 times prior to my back surgery. He was Knowledgeable about the type of procedure he wanted to do. Other then having Issues with his staff over the phone and getting my disability paper work filled out and sent in. I was very pleased with the Care I received. I would recommend him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2011

Dr.Meyrat seemed very knowledgable. He was very helpful about explaining my condition and the procedure he would perform to help my condition. I felt that he was very attentive and was patient about explaining the procedure that he thought I needed.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2010

Dr. Richard B. Meyrat's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2001)

AHC