You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Dale Williams

Not a very positive experience at all. When I heard that he would be performing a "very complicated" pelvic surgery on my husband, I had heard nothing but great things about Dr. Williams, everyone had him on a pedistol. Going into surgery, his resident attended the pre-op to explain the procedure. While in surgery me and family sat in the waiting room and a nurse liason came to let us know how things were going-one time before her shift was done at 430. She assured us that Dr Williams would come in to speak with us after the surgery to let us know how things went. We were told they surgery would be approximately 3 hrs long. We sat in the waiting room for 5 hours before going to look for answers and found my husband asleep in excruciating pain, back in his room! Not one person came to seek us out to let us know how the surgery went. After asking repeatly to speak with a dr about the surgery, our requests fell on deaf ears. Here we are 2 weeks later and still have not heard from Dr Williams. A week after surgery my husband was sent back to his home hospital to "heal." The day after arriving back, we were informed by the Dr that during surgery, Dr Williams had accidentally severed one of my husband nerves in his leg and in trying to stop the bleeding, bruised the nerve very badly. He now has nerve damage, to add insult to injury, he also is suffering from a blood clot now that has formed in the vein that he accidentally cut. Still waiting to hear from Dr. Williams........

Submitted May 3, 2016

I absolutely love this surgeon!!! After 5 years of pain, and being told that I was too young (I was 46 at the time) Dr. Femi Ayeni referred me to Dr. Williams. After reviewing the x-rays, he put me on the wait list. I had a total hip replacement in July 2014 and the recovery was amazing. Then the pain started in September 2015 on my other hip. I had mentioned that I heard about an anterior hip replacement which is not performed by many Ontario surgeons. My step father had the procedure done in London by a surgeon who turned out to be a friend of Dr. Williams. I arrived March 9, 2016 for my hip surgery, fully expecting the same procedure I had 2 years ago. He arrived just before I was set to go into the OR and asked me if I'd like to try the anterior replacement. I was thrilled and said I fully trusted whatever he felt would be the best. I woke up in the recovery room not knowing which process he used but was pleasantly surprised to find the bandage on the front of my leg. It's been 9 days since my surgery...yes, 9 days and I'm not using any walking aids, I'm driving, walking and enjoying life with NO restrictions. I just cannot say enough about Dr. Williams, his bedside manner and sense of humour are impecible. He makes me feel comfortable and even called me at home on the following Saturday morning to see how I was feeling. The man is incredible!!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Williams is an amazing doctor. Not only is he a highly skilled orthopedic surgeon, he is also kind and respectful. He took time at the initial consultation to answer all my questions. Both my hips needed replacing. He just did my right one and I was out of the hospital in 24 hours. He did an anterior proceedure which didn't require any muscles to be cut. My recovery time will be much shorter. His assistant is great. Responds immediately to emails. I know that Dr Williams is an innovative brilliant surgeon and Hamilton is lucky to have him. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

First knee replacement in 2014. Having second knee done in 2016. He takes so much time with each patient, answers all questions you have, and makes you so at ease with the upcoming surgery, we are lucky to have in Hamilton. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I had a serious pelvic fracture that is not the expertise of many orthopedic surgeons. People in Hamilton and the surrounding are are fortunate that Dr. Williams specializes in this type of surgery. His empathy,surgical skill and bed side manner is outstanding. Even though I did not meet him until pre-op, he immediately put me at ease and explained what was going to happen during the operation. Each time I went to the Fracture Clinic, he would explain the healing and prognosis with clarity. I agree with the others who say that he always makes times for his patients. He never rushed me and had the ability to make me feel as if I were his only patient. Dr. Williams is truly an asset to the medical community in Hamilton.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

Simply the best Ortho surgeon out there. A bit of a Doogie Houser!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I was referred to Dr Williams by a good friend and I can honestly say that was the best referral ever. Dr Williams has done total knee replacements on both of my knees this year. I can't say enough good things about this man and his assistant, Jackie. When I couldn't get good range of motion in my 2nd knee, he recommended a manipulation. That was done today. Dr Williams has a personality that's missing with most surgeons. He is very affable and willing to spend as much time as necessary for you to understand the procedure and the science behind it. He really put me at ease and instilled great confidence each time we met in the OR. 3 times this year. I now have zero pain in my knees and a lot of respect for Dr Dale Williams.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Nothing else to say beside he is excellent , professional and caring ssurgeon, I had accident broke my shoulder it was very complicated surgery with no an I violation date of recovery, Dr Williams done my surgery gave me hope and care that gave me encouragement very very friendly and professional surgeon Highly recommend-' god bless him-- I have recovered more than 50% looking forward

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015

I had a hip replacement on Nov 30, 2015. Dr Williams was an excellent choice for me because he did my surgery from the front instead of from the side. This new procedure made it so that I had minimal pain and no hip protocols. I am so grateful to have found Dr Williams and the 7 month wait was more than worth it. He took the time to talk to us and answer all our questions. He even came out after the operation to talk personally to my husband and told him I would probably go home the next day, which I did. My recovery has been so much easier than I thought it would be. All in all the whole experience has been better than I could have imagined.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2015

Dr. Dale Williams's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Not a very positive experience at all. When I heard that he would be performing a "very complicated" pelvic surgery on my husband, I had heard nothing but great..."

May 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I absolutely love this surgeon!!! After 5 years of pain, and being told that I was too young (I was 46 at the time) Dr. Femi Ayeni referred me to Dr. Williams...."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent bedside manner. Outstanding surgeon, involved in every aspect of care of his patients. "

February 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Williams is an amazing doctor. Not only is he a highly skilled orthopedic surgeon, he is also kind and respectful. He took time at the initial consultation..."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First knee replacement in 2014. Having second knee done in 2016. He takes so much time with each patient, answers all questions you have, and makes you so at ..."

January 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a serious pelvic fracture that is not the expertise of many orthopedic surgeons. People in Hamilton and the surrounding are are fortunate that Dr. Willia..."

January 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Simply the best Ortho surgeon out there. A bit of a Doogie Houser!"

January 11, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Williams by a good friend and I can honestly say that was the best referral ever. Dr Williams has done total knee replacements on both of ..."

January 6, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Nothing else to say beside he is excellent , professional and caring ssurgeon, I had accident broke my shoulder it was very complicated surgery with no an I vio..."

December 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a hip replacement on Nov 30, 2015. Dr Williams was an excellent choice for me because he did my surgery from the front instead of from the side. This new ..."

December 26, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "the only problem with him is the waiting time. He is excellent, people wait to get him, but eight months is a long time! Good bed manners, though he is too busy..."

December 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I cant say enough about Dr. Williams. A great surgeon, and a terrific individual!"

December 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Professional and highly skilled . Knowledge of the latest and best practice techniques "

November 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Wong by another surgeon when he was still associated with the Hamilton McMaster Hospital. He did the initial treatment and diagnosis for a..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dale Williams, has looked after my 78 year old mother, he has replaced both of her knees, I cannot say enough about his wonderful bedside manner, his profes..."

April 7, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Bedside manner second to none!!! Great surgeon excellent !!! "

March 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I smashed my pelvis in an accident and Dr. Williams fixed it up. Other docs told me I wouldn't be able to walk but I'm back to sports now. Lucky he took care of..."

January 24, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Dale changed my life! He replaced my hip in Aug of 2013 and I am better at 51 than I was at 25. Extremely kind, caring and professional and judging by my ..."

January 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am a 77 year old grandmother and had my right hip replaced just over six weeks ago and I can't say enough good things about Dr. Williams. He is a gifted sur..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Williams is excellent,kind and very understanding. He has the best bedside manner you can receive, answers all questions and you never feel rushed,even thou..."

November 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "he put my shoulder back together a great DR. broke my shoulder in a fall . he added 2 screws. was pleasent and easy to chat with . made u feel relax..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a hip replacement done at the end of March (2014). Like all the other reviews, The entire experience, start to finish, was awesome! Doc Williams was great..."

September 11, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is not too much I can add to what other patients have said about Dr Williams. He replaced both my knees. I saw him yesterday and told him I felt like I h..."

September 3, 2014