Ratings for Dr. Dale Williams

Dr. Dale Williams replaced my right hip on April 25, 2016. My complete experience with Dr. Williams has been excellent. He, his resident and the staff at Juravinski Hospital took care of my very well. Dr. Williams explained the procedure, conducted the surgery and provided follow-up. The whole procedure was nearly pain free and the end result is that I can now walk almost normally and pain free. The cane will disappear as soon as I get a bit more strength back in my hip. I'm very grateful to Dr. Williams and all health staff who were involved in this procedure. I highly recommend this gifted surgeon.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Not a very positive experience at all. When I heard that he would be performing a "very complicated" pelvic surgery on my husband, I had heard nothing but great things about Dr. Williams, everyone had him on a pedistol. Going into surgery, his resident attended the pre-op to explain the procedure. While in surgery me and family sat in the waiting room and a nurse liason came to let us know how things were going-one time before her shift was done at 430. She assured us that Dr Williams would come in to speak with us after the surgery to let us know how things went. We were told they surgery would be approximately 3 hrs long. We sat in the waiting room for 5 hours before going to look for answers and found my husband asleep in excruciating pain, back in his room! Not one person came to seek us out to let us know how the surgery went. After asking repeatly to speak with a dr about the surgery, our requests fell on deaf ears. Here we are 2 weeks later and still have not heard from Dr Williams. A week after surgery my husband was sent back to his home hospital to "heal." The day after arriving back, we were informed by the Dr that during surgery, Dr Williams had accidentally severed one of my husband nerves in his leg and in trying to stop the bleeding, bruised the nerve very badly. He now has nerve damage, to add insult to injury, he also is suffering from a blood clot now that has formed in the vein that he accidentally cut. Still waiting to hear from Dr. Williams........

Submitted May 3, 2016

I absolutely love this surgeon!!! After 5 years of pain, and being told that I was too young (I was 46 at the time) Dr. Femi Ayeni referred me to Dr. Williams. After reviewing the x-rays, he put me on the wait list. I had a total hip replacement in July 2014 and the recovery was amazing. Then the pain started in September 2015 on my other hip. I had mentioned that I heard about an anterior hip replacement which is not performed by many Ontario surgeons. My step father had the procedure done in London by a surgeon who turned out to be a friend of Dr. Williams. I arrived March 9, 2016 for my hip surgery, fully expecting the same procedure I had 2 years ago. He arrived just before I was set to go into the OR and asked me if I'd like to try the anterior replacement. I was thrilled and said I fully trusted whatever he felt would be the best. I woke up in the recovery room not knowing which process he used but was pleasantly surprised to find the bandage on the front of my leg. It's been 9 days since my surgery...yes, 9 days and I'm not using any walking aids, I'm driving, walking and enjoying life with NO restrictions. I just cannot say enough about Dr. Williams, his bedside manner and sense of humour are impecible. He makes me feel comfortable and even called me at home on the following Saturday morning to see how I was feeling. The man is incredible!!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2016

Excellent bedside manner. Outstanding surgeon, involved in every aspect of care of his patients.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Dr. Williams is an amazing doctor. Not only is he a highly skilled orthopedic surgeon, he is also kind and respectful. He took time at the initial consultation to answer all my questions. Both my hips needed replacing. He just did my right one and I was out of the hospital in 24 hours. He did an anterior proceedure which didn't require any muscles to be cut. My recovery time will be much shorter. His assistant is great. Responds immediately to emails. I know that Dr Williams is an innovative brilliant surgeon and Hamilton is lucky to have him. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

First knee replacement in 2014. Having second knee done in 2016. He takes so much time with each patient, answers all questions you have, and makes you so at ease with the upcoming surgery, we are lucky to have in Hamilton. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

I had a serious pelvic fracture that is not the expertise of many orthopedic surgeons. People in Hamilton and the surrounding are are fortunate that Dr. Williams specializes in this type of surgery. His empathy,surgical skill and bed side manner is outstanding. Even though I did not meet him until pre-op, he immediately put me at ease and explained what was going to happen during the operation. Each time I went to the Fracture Clinic, he would explain the healing and prognosis with clarity. I agree with the others who say that he always makes times for his patients. He never rushed me and had the ability to make me feel as if I were his only patient. Dr. Williams is truly an asset to the medical community in Hamilton.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

Simply the best Ortho surgeon out there. A bit of a Doogie Houser!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2016

I was referred to Dr Williams by a good friend and I can honestly say that was the best referral ever. Dr Williams has done total knee replacements on both of my knees this year. I can't say enough good things about this man and his assistant, Jackie. When I couldn't get good range of motion in my 2nd knee, he recommended a manipulation. That was done today. Dr Williams has a personality that's missing with most surgeons. He is very affable and willing to spend as much time as necessary for you to understand the procedure and the science behind it. He really put me at ease and instilled great confidence each time we met in the OR. 3 times this year. I now have zero pain in my knees and a lot of respect for Dr Dale Williams.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Nothing else to say beside he is excellent , professional and caring ssurgeon, I had accident broke my shoulder it was very complicated surgery with no an I violation date of recovery, Dr Williams done my surgery gave me hope and care that gave me encouragement very very friendly and professional surgeon Highly recommend-' god bless him-- I have recovered more than 50% looking forward

flag | Submitted December 27, 2015