Ratings for Dr. Milton McNichol

After 3.5 years of going through secondary infertility, I am endlessly thankful to say I am pregnant, thanks in large part to Dr. McNichol. I have longish cycles (35 - 40 days), possible PCOS (elevated DHEA-S) and possible ovulation dysfunction. I also have MTHFR, homozygous for C677T. I had been going to CRM in downtown Orlando, and I felt frustrated because it became so much busier than when I went there for my first pregnancy . . . which resulted in more mistakes and less time to talk with the doctor. I decided to switch to Dr. McNichol, and I was blown away by the attention he gave our family. He took the time to answer all our questions, called me personally with results, and did almost every ultrasound himself. What impressed me the most was that Dr. McNichol was willing to work WITH us, allowing me to proactively make requests and decisions. He was open to the fact that I was seeing a naturopathic doctor and an acupuncturist, and seemed genuinely interested in the things they discovered. When I asked to be referred to specialists about specific concerns (like my MTHFR and potential blood clotting issues), he was always humble and willing to do that. When I was concerned about various blood levels (like my thyroid levels), he ordered tests for them (the nurse at my previous doctor said "we don't do that"). We DISCUSSED each plan of action and what was right for me. He respected my wishes and never made me feel ashamed of them -- he ordered compounded progesterone for me and used saline instead of gel during ultrasounds because I don't like putting unnecessary chemicals in my body. This is the way a doctor-patient relationship should be -- mutual respect and working together to come up with a plan of action. Dr. McNichol was almost always right on time (there were waits once in a while, which is to be expected with a doctor who personally sees to all his patients). Nikki, his nurse, was considerate and always promptly answered my questions (emailing her is a great way to communicate). The front office staff were always pleasant and kind. After 4 rounds of letrozole and IUIs, I got pregnant, and Dr. McNichol and his staff all genuinely celebrated with our family. I am so thankful for this special doctor and the caliber of practice that he runs.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Wasted a year 1/2 dealing with complete incompetency with the staff. Trying to get someone to call me back was a major ordeal and half the time, he didn't even know why I was there because things weren't noted correctly. After multiple tests and surgeries, we were supposed to start IVF/DE last month and after 2 MONTHS of trying to get someone to contact me, I gave up and found another doctor, who in just 1 month has been more productive and proactive with my situation. Devastating experience.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

Doctor McNichol is the best fertility doctor in Orlando. He is very knowledgeable and explains in a way to understand. I got pregnant for the first time with his help. Again, when I wanted a second child, I went to him and I am 7 weeks pregnant. God bless you !!! You are truly the best.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2016

Nurse never returns calls and leaves us hanging several times. We didn't get our medication on time to start the proper injections on time. Spend almost 2k on medications and not being able to inject timely.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Horrible experience, should have read the reviews on him. Stay away from this place!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

With a chronic illness of 8 years, I've encountered at least 100 doctors. Dr. McNichol

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

This doctor is sloppy and scatterbrain. He leaves the patient in the middle of a conversation to go attend another patient. Does not give clear instructions for how to take the medications and when. Does not follow up with the patient, even to return test results or to answer clarifying questions. I got tired of hearing this guys say "That was my mistake". I would not trust anything he does. He is not invested in your best interest. He is only interested in his own financial interest. His office double books patients all the time. Be prepared to show up on time for your appointment and to be told to go get something to eat and come back in an hour because the dr is not ready for you. You may get this message in the form of lies such as “we are setting up for you” and then when you go to the exam room you see that there was in fact nothing that needed to be set up or that they are setting it up right there as you stand ready for your exam which is already an hour late. Expect this to be standard practice for him. His office staff will lie to you through their teeth and overcharge you for everything even though your insurance covers it.

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

Dr. McNichol truly is one of the kindest physicians I have ever met. When I first met him after having been with another clinic, I went to discuss my options for fertility treatments. Since it was the holidays, I decided to wait until January to start treatment. I found out I was pregnant on New Years day naturally. Though I had not done anything more than a consult with him, Dr. McNichol immediately began monitoring my pregnancy and providing my initial prenatal care. I really don't think there are many doctors that would do that. Later I went back to him for IVF treatment when I was trying to again get pregnant. I can truly say I was a partner in my care. I would bring in articles and suggestions for my treatment plans and he always listened and would do his own research to ensure that it would be the right plan. He is truly the best!! I highly recommend him to anyone that is looking for a caring and understanding physician where you are so much more than a number!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

We had been trying for 2 years and went to some best known fertility clinic like CRM. We were going through emotional trauma for not having child for this long and ofcourse we have to consider financial cost too for Ivf. We had a horrible experience with CRM, staff made us wait for almost hour, doctor was impressive but felt as we are another number to them. Always struggled to get a hold on our nurse assigned, they never followed up with the test result. I and my husband were so much fed up with the service and kind of treatment we received in CRM. We almost checked 2-3 fertility clinic in Orlando, none of them made us feel that they really care about us and empathize with our grief. We went to see Dr. Milton, which was the best decision we made in our life. He and his team are professional and human too. Dr. Always gave us time until we were convinced with the answer, at times he personally called to check on me to find out how I am doing. I still remember him calling Sunday evening when I was not feeling well. He and his team made our journey so smooth, he has gone out of his way to take care of us, I have never come across such a gem in my life. I am 9 weeks pregnant and will be seeing another doctor soon. I don't know if I will come across any doctor like him in my life. Thank you is not enough for him, for us he is an angel, we wish him a great success in his life. WE HIGLY RECOMMEND HIM!!! THANK YOU Soooooo MUCH for what you did for me and our family.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2015

Dr Mcnichol is absolutely amazing! !! I would recommend him to anyone , he us patient, knowledgeable and hands on. You will not regret your experience. I have been to other fertility doctors and he is by far the best .

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015