Ratings for Dr. Stacy Davids

How is she a doctor? She contradicts herself in the same sentence! She is fast and loose with her prescription pad and then claims that everything she prescribes has "no side effects." It also feels like she pushes particular medicines because of relationships with drug companies. She robotically asks questions that seem like they are from a quiz in a magazine and then doesn't even listen to the answers. If you know what you need for meds and just want quick appts to get your refills, she's your gal. If you actually want medical advice and care, or have little experience with medications, you'd be best to avoid her. There's a reason why she's the only psychiatrist in the area you can see in a few days instead of being on a months-long waitlist.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Dr. Davids did not listen to me. She made assumptions about my situation, about how I felt, and about what medicine to prescribe without first asking me more than a couple questions. I did not have an opportunity to bring up concerns. When I tried to ask questions, she either blew them off or minimized my concerns. I had a bad experience with a medication she prescribed. It took an entire appointment to get her to listen to my symptoms and be convinced to change to a different med. I have never had an experience like this with any other doctor.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2015

I am not entirely sure how this M.D. graduated. She couldn't diagnosis me correctly, did not spend, but 10 minutes with me, could not remember any of the 6 medications she tried to prescribe and ended up saying an upbeat compliment to me that I heard her say to the woman ahead of my appointment. Wow...

flag | Submitted January 3, 2015

I have had nothing but success with Dr. Stacy Davids! I really like her! My family of 5 has been treated by her. I have three people in the family that are on the Autism Spectrum (Asperger's Disorder) and two with ADHD. She knew what the number one medications were for Autism and it has helped both my son and husband and now they are much more verbal. My son has had trouble with his temper (He doesn't know any better because of his Autism...) and the medications have made all the difference! My other son was having tons of behavioral trouble in school as well as academic. Dr. Stacy Davids is the one that said she thought he had ADHD. He is now on a low dose of medication and has made a complete turnaround! He is one of the best students in class! This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for the help of Dr. Davids! Our whole family loves her! Those of you that are complaining about medications....this is what a psychiatrist does! They do not counsel or provide therapy! They are medical doctors that work with the brain chemistry! You have to try different psychiatric medications to find the right dose and to know what your issues are. Psychiatrists do not have machines that tell them what the levels of serotonin or dopamine are in the brain. Due to the intricacies of the human brain, they have to make their best guess based on what the family says and what they have clinically seen. I teach psychology at a community college and many of your responses concerning Dr. Stacy Davids are very uneducated. Please look up what a psychiatrist is supposed to do before writing mean things about people. This is a human being and a professional and needs to be treated as such!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

She's awful. She shouldn't have a medical license. Not helpful in any way shape or form. Loves to prescribe medications, but in strange combinations. Doesn't explain why she's doing what she's doing.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

Psychiatrists are a dime a dozen but good ones are not. Stacy Davids is proof of that. I truely wish I could give 0 or negative stars.. Without being vulgar(I wish I could be), this lady is an idiot. I would LOVE to see the website she got her medical degree from. She doesn't take her patients seriously, at least I'll assume it wasn't just me. She put me on a cocktail of meds that interact in a clinically significant way and increase your risk of seizures, but was I asked if I had a history of seizures? No. She mocked me, called me names, made snap decisions about my character, yet didn't ask any questions. And that was on the second visit. Her patients are scheduled every 15 minutes, she loves to use her prescription pad, probably gets kickbacks from the drug companies from all the drug plaques she has in her office, and she is apparently under the impression that medications have no side effects. I would probably send my worst enemy to see Stacy. This woman is the pinnacle of stupidity. I really don't understand how she still has a license to practice. And I'm not sure that she is capable of empathy... Which, Ya know is a little important when you're a psychiatrist. Maybe she doesn't have to care because she makes so much money for prescribing meds, maybe she prescribes too many for herself, maybe she's just stupid. I don't know. The only thing I do know is I won't continue to be her paient, and any nice reviews about her are Stacy herself writing them. I wish I could use stronger language to express my anger towards Stacy but I want people to know she's awful so I held back.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

I don't understand how Dr. Davids has a single negative review. I recently had my first appointment with her. The staff was helpful, as I had to continuously reschedule appointments, and my wait time in the office was minimal. Dr. Davids could not have been more genuine, friendly, and professional. She showed such compassion as I explained my issues. She carefully explained her diagnosis as well as the possible treatment options. Based on this first appointment, I highly recommend her, and I suggest you give her an opportunity before judging her. I went into my appointment with skepticism, thanks to the negative feedback. If she is late for appointments, it is only because she spends so much time with each patient to be sure the person is okay.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Her staff is not helpful. She was always late even if it was a first appointment of the day, we always waited atleast 45 min. Our very first initial appointment only lasted 15 min and then after that maybe 10 min. Dr. Davids is a very polite and nice person but I really do not recommend her office/staff. And all of their communication skills are horrible.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

The doctor was on time, but tried to push diagnoses that my child has not shown symptoms of. She increasesa dosage of medication without weighing my daughter first. She did not seem to care what other mental health professionals who had seen her for an extended period of time has to say. Trying togeta refill had been a nightmare. Needless to say, we are looking for a doctor with more willingness to work with the other professionals caring for my child.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2013

When a doctor puts your child on medication, she needs to be available for questions about it. No phone calls ever returned. When questioned about this, her response was that she gets so many calls daily from mothers. Was I supposed to feel better that I was just another call that was ignored? She cancels appts with no explanation given. The office staff makes no effort to schedule an appt somewhere in that same week or so. Instead, they tell you the "next available." Okay, do you not understand that the DOCTOR cancelled and I need an appt. now, not two months from now?? I will be looking for a new dr. Last, someone needs to tell the office staff (at least one of them anyway) that a tank top is not appropriate office wear, especially when it fails to cover a tattoo. Seriously?? Never saw such an office.

flag | Submitted December 30, 2011

Dr. Stacy Davids's Credentials

• University Of Missouri, Columbia School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)