Ratings for Geoff A. Wiegand

Our experience with Dr. Wiegand was profoundly negative. We entrusted our family to Geoff Wiegand to treat our son. Dr. Wiegand concluded that my husband (whom he seemed to dislike) was abusing drugs (my husband is black), a theory cooked up by an unprofessional psychiatric nurse Dr. W. himself said had an off-putting bedside manner. We had been completely honest with him having worked with him weekly for several months. The fact that he turned against us and was unwilling to come to our defense shows poor character (and that he's a poor judge of character). I would not want him near my sensitive child. I also fault Children's for its insensitive approach. You realize that with mental health, the police are close at hand. (Wiegand actually said, "We won't turn you in.") Embittering. So we were sent away from Children's. We were shamed and humiliated. Our son denied treatment. We distrusted doctors for years after. A doctor advised, "Don't go to a public hospital." Lesson learned.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2012