Dr. Steven W. Mamus

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Steven W. Mamus

I have been a patient for over 10 years. After being seen at 2 major Univ centers I found Dr Mamus. His knowledge and abilities have given me back my life and peace of mind. I trust him completely.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2017

He was very through but didn't share the information with me, the patient.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Dr. Mamus was my oncologist during a recent bout with neck cancer. I consider him an unheralded genius, whose dedication to his profession exceeds all expectations. He is personable, listens, and has a calming affect consistent with every visit. I had chemo under his care, and was kept well informed throughout-giving me the good and the not so good, news and how to better deal with both. I am cancer free today, and owe my life to this man. His credentials, work experience, dedication, intensity and intellectual curiosity about "cures" is simply amazing. He is a Blessing to all who have been treated by him due to the the unpleasant diagnosis of cancer. I recommend him HIGHLY, cannot praise him enough in the space provided here.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr. Mamus is the most caring, kind, and capable physician I have ever been to. He gives his cancer patients his cell phone number so that we can call him at any time if we have a problem or are scared. He ALWAYS makes time to fit you into his schedule and will sit and listen to you and answer each and every question until you run out of questions. He actually listens, something many doctors have forgotten how to do. He made me a partner in the treatment of my cancer by explaining all the options, giving me his opinion and helping me choose the right path. My cancer was small and found early but none-the-less, I feel he saved my life by his knowledge and ability. He is Harvard educated, his credentials are impeccable. No matter how far you have to drive, he is worth it. His staff is caring and kind, I actually miss them now that my chemo is over.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Dr. Steven W. Mamus's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Steve Mamus, MD is a nationally-renowned medical oncologist with more than two decades of expertise in the treatment of cancer and blood related disorders. In November of 2006, Dr. Mamus founded the Cancer Center of Sarasota in order to bring personal, patient-centered care blended with university-based medical expertise to cancer patients in the Sarasota area. Dr. Mamus was instrumental in the development of MD Anderson Cancer Center — Orlando where he was chief of medical oncology and treated patients acutely affected by cancer for more than 10 years. His oncology and hematology experience includes positions at Hematology/Oncology Associates of Central Florida from 1986 to 1991; Orlando Cancer Center from 1991 to 1994; and MD Anderson Cancer Center — Orlando from 1994 to 2004. Prior to developing the Cancer Center of Sarasota, he was a principal partner of Cancer Centers of Florida, a division of U.S. Oncology. Dr. Mamus is recognized regionally and nationally with a long list of awards and accomplishments as an oncology/hematology physician, clinical research expert, and educator. He has been an investigator in more than 100 clinical trials involving a wide range of oncology/hematology modalities including biologic response modifiers, stem cell, bone marrow, and blood clotting abnormalities. He has published a number of articles and publications in peer-reviewed journals including The New England Journal of Medicine, Lancet, The Journal of Clinical Investigation and Leukemia Research. Among his awards, Dr. Mamus was named a top physician by Best Doctors in America, Southeast Region for 14 consecutive years, and Attending Physician of the Year at Orlando Regional Medical Center. Dr. Mamus graduated with honors from Harvard and earned his M.D. from the State University of New York at Syracuse. He interned and completed his residency in Internal Medicine at Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke’s Hospital in Chicago, and completed his fellowship in Hematology/Oncology at the University of Minnesota Hospital. Dr. Mamus is board certified in Medical Oncology, Hematology, and Internal Medicine and is a member of the American Medical Association, Florida Medical Association, American Society of Hematology and the American Society of Clinical Oncology. Dr. Mamus is of Ukrainian descent, was born in Canada, and lives in Sarasota with his wife Nancy, son and three daughters. Two of his daughters were adopted from the Ukraine and he has had a child with acute leukemia.

• English

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1980)