Ratings for Dr. Steven W. Mamus

Dr. Mamus was my oncologist during a recent bout with neck cancer. I consider him an unheralded genius, whose dedication to his profession exceeds all expectations. He is personable, listens, and has a calming affect consistent with every visit. I had chemo under his care, and was kept well informed throughout-giving me the good and the not so good, news and how to better deal with both. I am cancer free today, and owe my life to this man. His credentials, work experience, dedication, intensity and intellectual curiosity about "cures" is simply amazing. He is a Blessing to all who have been treated by him due to the the unpleasant diagnosis of cancer. I recommend him HIGHLY, cannot praise him enough in the space provided here.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2014

Dr. Mamus is the most caring, kind, and capable physician I have ever been to. He gives his cancer patients his cell phone number so that we can call him at any time if we have a problem or are scared. He ALWAYS makes time to fit you into his schedule and will sit and listen to you and answer each and every question until you run out of questions. He actually listens, something many doctors have forgotten how to do. He made me a partner in the treatment of my cancer by explaining all the options, giving me his opinion and helping me choose the right path. My cancer was small and found early but none-the-less, I feel he saved my life by his knowledge and ability. He is Harvard educated, his credentials are impeccable. No matter how far you have to drive, he is worth it. His staff is caring and kind, I actually miss them now that my chemo is over.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010

Dr. Steven W. Mamus's Credentials

• State University Of New York Health Science Center Of Syracuse (Grad. 1980)