You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Darren Lazare

Cannot say enough good things. As he specializes in this type of surgery he has excellent skills and the outcome for me has been good so far which is almost three months now. No issues. Such a relief to feel "normal" and not need to wear a pad for any reason. Youngish doctor with good communication skills. Staff are easy to contact via email and respond within a few hours. When I had a concern and wanted an appointment during the year wait time, I was given an appointment ASAP and following surgery I requested an appointment and was given one for the next day due to a cancellation. Highly recommend the surgery with mesh. Highly recommend this experienced doctor. Now I think fear of the surgery is from reading all the negative comments on line. Random bad things happen all the time, This surgery has been safe for me and I am grateful i had access to all the skills Dr. Lazare has. The staff at the surrey outpatients was excellent and there were no issues in going home the same day. .

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Really nice guy! Very knowledgeable and gives you hope!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

I am in the process of having my problems diagnosed after having a problem with bleeding 22 years after menopause. I have a severely prolapsed uterus and am very impressed, so far, with Dr. Lazare's care and knowledge of my problems. He has a very relaxed style and helps me to be very calm and assured as to the treatment of my issues.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2014

I just had my prolapse surgery done after a long wait. Dr. Lazare's care and concern in the office and both pre and post surgery was exemplary. He listens to you and provides a thorough explanation of all that you can expect and he has a very calming disposition. Even though it was a holiday the following day, he made sure I would be able to reach him by cell if there were any concerns. I only wish his surgeries were performed in Vancouver and not Surrey simply for the convenience. The staff at Surrey Hospital were lovely though.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

I have nothing but good things to say About Dr Darren Lazare. I saw him January 24 2014 in Vancouver. He advised me what I should be doing until my operation which was February 14 2014.This is the first time in my life being(69) after having several operations that I was able to get off my bed and walk out the front door by myself and not walk like a ****en sailor as a nurse told a person picking me up the time before. I have felt very little pain and feeling much better. My only complaint would be that I'm putting on weight which I don't really like. Will see the doctor April 9 and will ask why & the bloating. I wish that I live closer to Vancouver so that I would not have a problem getting a ride to see Dr Lazare. I would recommend Dr Lazare to anyone. His bed side manners were above & beyond what is really required of anyone in any profession. I was very pleased with him INCLUDING HIS STAFF. Thank you for their support & kindness. LK

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I went to see Dr. Lazare as I had prolapse and a leaky bladder after having three children. I waited forever to get into his office and couldn't ever get through to his receptionist. They just don't seem to answer their phone! Initially I thought he was very nice and explained my options but seemed to be set on doing surgery and promised that it would fix my problems... What a mistake!!! I'm still leaking, almost worse than before and the repair failed. I had so much pain for months following his surgery. I understand these things can happen, but when asked why, he just became rude and had no time for me. I was so disappointed and have had to see another gynaecologist who had to fix what he had done. Required another surgery. I would never recommend going to him. He is arrogant and just doesn't care. I think he has a god complex! Very disappointed.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2014

Excellent doctor, very kind and compationate. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2014

Had prolapse surgery on Oct./13. Highly recommend Dr.Darren Lazare. He is very knowledgeable and he's the one to choose for pelvic floor disorders. Trust his expertise! I'm thoroughly enjoying my new health and freedom. Kudos to Dr.Lazare,his staff as well as the surgical team at Jim Pattison Out Patient Care and Surgery Centre,Surrey,BC. For me,it was a good decision. I made the right choice. Last but not least ,"Thank You Mr. Pattison for caring."

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

Both my husband and I saw Dr. Lazare. He is very friendly and very patient in answering all our questions. I am scheduled to have prolaspe surgery in a few weeks. I would love to hear from any ladies who have had the surgery in the past six months or so. How are you doing?

flag | Submitted November 7, 2013

Dr. Darren Lazare's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Cannot say enough good things. As he specializes in this type of surgery he has excellent skills and the outcome for me has been good so far which is almost thr..."

March 1, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have had 3 years of pain and complications since Dr Lazare operated on me! He made several poor decisions and mistakes. "

October 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Really nice guy! Very knowledgeable and gives you hope! "

May 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am in the process of having my problems diagnosed after having a problem with bleeding 22 years after menopause. I have a severely prolapsed uterus and am ve..."

December 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I just had my prolapse surgery done after a long wait. Dr. Lazare's care and concern in the office and both pre and post surgery was exemplary. He listens to yo..."

November 11, 2014