Ratings for Dr. Darren Lazare

Very happy with my entire experience. Follow up was excellent.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2017

I waited forever to see this doctor and glad that I did. He was patient with me and took time to understand my life situation. I decided in the end to hold off on surgery. His team was amazing (nurse and physio). Overall, a very positive expedite and would recommend.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Many years ago I had a TOT procedure for leaking which left me with terrible pain. I haven't been able to work or have relations with my husband. After seeing just about everybody I met Dr. Lazare. He specializes in taking out problem mesh and all sorts of complicated surgeries. Suffice it to say that I am now living pain free. My life has been turned around. I can't tell you how much better I feel now that I can get on with my life. Thank you Dr. Lazare!!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

What a difference Dr. Lazare has made in my life! Very happy with all aspects of my care. And I CAN JUMP, RUN, SKIP without leaking. AMAZING!!!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Terrible attitude. He put a synthetic mesh sling in my wife without proper warnings about a product which has been proven to cause problems in 5-10% of women who receive the treatment. When first operation did not work when going into the operation room room my wife was nervous and asked a few questions he snapped at her saying "perhaps we shouldn't do the procedure at all" he then walked away,the nurses were all shocked at his words , then a minute later he walked back in saying " how are we now are we ready to go?" My wife was very upset afterwards and still to this day has pain from the procedure including lower back pain which he says has nothing to do with it at all. But after reading many post operation comments about these surgeries it seems to be a pretty common thing. He would be a lot better doctor if he would get over his superiority complex and actually listen to his patients comments and help them deal with post operation pain and discomfort and perhaps change the way he operates!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

Dr. Lazare was brought in by another surgeon to assist with my obstetric fistula repair last summer. I didn't meet him pre-op, but his post-surgical care was excellent. He even met me after hours in clinic after a long day in the OR because I was freaking out thinking my symptoms had returned. It was not a medical emergency at all, but more of an emotional emergency. When everything turned out fine, he validated my concerns and didn't make me feel silly at all. He repaired my fistula the first time (it is a surgery with a 15-20% failure rate) and had excellent bedside manner. Great doctor!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

He did NOT inform about dangers of synthetic mesh, although he wrote in his report that he did. He did not inform he would mesh for prolapse when it is NOT normally used according to other specialists. He attached the mesh to an area that is not normally involved according to other specialists. He inserted a mesh sling when the uro test done prior to surgery indicated no incontinance. All culminating into severe disabling complications - which he dos NOT take seriously or properly address post surgery. This has resulted in 4 follow up surgeries to have the mesh removed -- all of which could have been avoided had he informed of the dangers and documented reactions to mesh and had he disclosed exactly what he would be doing in surgery. He ensued trust in me and I foolishly allowed him to put mesh in me which has destroyed my life as I was. There are thousands of women who are suffering from disabling complications from infection and reaction to synthetic mesh and I would have not chosen it had I been properly informed of the possible and common complications which 5-10% of women experience.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Cannot say enough good things. As he specializes in this type of surgery he has excellent skills and the outcome for me has been good so far which is almost three months now. No issues. Such a relief to feel "normal" and not need to wear a pad for any reason. Youngish doctor with good communication skills. Staff are easy to contact via email and respond within a few hours. When I had a concern and wanted an appointment during the year wait time, I was given an appointment ASAP and following surgery I requested an appointment and was given one for the next day due to a cancellation. Highly recommend the surgery with mesh. Highly recommend this experienced doctor. Now I think fear of the surgery is from reading all the negative comments on line. Random bad things happen all the time, This surgery has been safe for me and I am grateful i had access to all the skills Dr. Lazare has. The staff at the surrey outpatients was excellent and there were no issues in going home the same day. .

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

I have had 3 years of pain and complications since Dr Lazare operated on me! He made several poor decisions and mistakes.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2015

Really nice guy! Very knowledgeable and gives you hope!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015