Ratings for Dr. Alfred A. Desimone

I was referred to Dr. DeSimone by a friend for knee surgery and I can without reservation say he is the best at what he does. From his office staff, his assistants Eric and Paul, and the fantastic physical therapists that he has working for him I was provided first class service before, during and after my knee surgery. Dr. Desimone took the time to personally see me on every pre-op and post-op visit that I had at his office. I never felt like he was in a rush to get to the next patient. On the contrary, he took the time to sit and talk during every visit and acted more like a concerned friend than just my doctor. I think the biggest compliment I can give to him and his practice are the friends of mine that I have referred to them since as I know they will also get the first class service that I received. Thanks Dr. D and staff for getting me running again. - George

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr. Desimone and his team are extremely professional and helpful. They are always looking for the best treatment options. Intensive physical therapy was the perfect answer to my shoulder problem. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

Dr. Desimone is not only an EXCELLENT surgeon but is as well an amazing person. He truly cares about his patients and takes the time to listen to their worries and concerns. I had ACL surgery done by Desimone. I was back to fully contact sports within 12 months and feeling as good as I did pre-injury,

flag | Submitted June 8, 2018

Dr. Desimone and his entire team were the most professional and helpful people I have ever had in the medical field. From the moment you walk in the office, it's clean and inviting. The staffing out at the front desk were very polite and helpful. Dr. Desimone, Paul, Eric and his team were absolutely great! Treated me more like family than a patient. Explained everything about my procedure and made a difficult time much easier from start to finish. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Desimone, his staff and office. I will highly recommend Dr. Desimone and his team to family and friends.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2018

This is the first time in many years that I am walking without knee pain. Dr. D and his PA's, Paul Buchanon and Eric Bronson, are professionally outstanding, and nice people as well.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

I was a soccer player and I got the ACL of my left knee broken. I picked Dr. Desimone according to the reviews and his history as a great specialist exactly in the knee and shoulder areas... and I wasn't wrong. Since the first appointment, I really met a person with great knowledge about his profession and very confident with each movement and diagnostic. I'm very happy to say that I had the best surgery and rehabilitation process that I could. I'm very thankful to Dr. D.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

After researching a number of orthopedic surgeons I was very fortunate to find Doctor DeSimone. He is one of the nicest doctors in the area. He is kind, courteous and an exceptional surgeon. He also has a great team. His assistants Ercic and Paul are friendly, knowledgeable and experienced. After meeting with him and his staff I felt very comfortable with my decision. He performed surgery for a torn rotator cuff and related issues in my left shoulder. Dr. DeSimone or (“Dr.D” by his patients, myself included) had a lot of work to do with my injuries. The results were fine. My overall experience was 5 stars. I would recommend “Dr. D” to anyone that needed a great orthopedic doctor and great staff.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Wish there were more stars! Truly a remarkable doctor and staff!

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr. DeSimone and his staff are knowledgeable, caring, and supportive. I had surgery on one of my shoulders a few years back. When my other shoulder went bad I didn't even think twice about going back to Dr Desimone. He's a genuinely nice and caring person and I don't think I would have recovered nearly as well and as quickly this 2nd time around if it hadn't been for his support.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

The best! Staff, empathy, professionalism and expertise in their field. Highly recommend their entire team for orthopedic injuries. They will have you up and out of pain in no time.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2016

Dr. Alfred A. Desimone's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Alfred A. DeSimone graduated from the University of Miami and completed his residency at Boston University Medical Center. He is Fellowship Trained in Sports Medicine specializing in Complex Knee and Shoulder Reconstructive surgery. His interests include: Arthroscopic Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Reconstruction Meniscal Repair and Cartilage Resurfacing Techniques Arthroscopic Treatment of Shoulder Instability Treatment of Shoulder Impingement Syndrome and Rotator Cuff Tears He has been in private practice for over 20 years and is currently the Director of Sports Medicine at the Sports Medicine Associates of South Florida. This multi-subspecialty group consists of 9 physicians and 3 office locations in the West Broward area. He treats professional, collegiate and community athletes, and participated as Team Physician for the U.S. Olympic Skiing Team (1995), National Rugby Team (1994-1995) and The Florida Panther Hockey Association (2004-2007). Dr. DeSimone has a true passion for sports medicine as he is committed to providing the best possible medical care and treatment for his patients. He recognizes the importance of communicating with his patients to help them understand their diagnosis and treatment plan. He is dedicated to maintain the highest standards of medicine by remaining current in his professional training and certifications. He also acknowledges the value of education and has continued his participation as guest speaker for major television networks, lectureship circuits and medical conferences. As one of our local sports medicine physicians, Dr. DeSimone has also maintained an interest, in the health, wellness and education of the student athletes within our community. Since 2008, his non-profit organization, “Charity for Champions”, has provided over scholarships to the student athletes within Broward County. With a desire to remain as an active participant within this community, he will strive to provide the highest quality of medical care, always remembering that compassion and commitment are in the best interest of his patients.

• English

• University of Miami (Grad. 1989)
  • Boston University (Grad. 1994)

• ACL reconstruction
  • Growth plate fractures
  • Sprains and strains
  • Shin splints

• Team Physician, West Broward High School
  • Director of Sports Medicine, Sports Medicine Associates of South Florida P.A.
  • Team Physician, American Top Team, Coconut Creek, FL
  • The American Board of Orthopedic Surgery (Sports Subspecialty) Board Certification
  • Team Physician St. Thomas Aquinas High School