Ratings for Dr. Ruth Kajander

Time for her to face the music soon you should hope - how can someone so incompetent but also, absolutely sociopathic be allowed to practice - waste of space and precious air but what goes around comes around so it's perfectly fine, wait for it.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I saw Dr. Kajander when I was 20 years old (am now 62) She minimized my grandfather's sexual abuse and set me back about 20 years. When I told her about the abuse and disfunction going on my family's home, she basically blamed me and said I was overprotected and should move out if I didn't like it. Not. I was abused physically, and emotionally at home and it has taken years of therapy to undo the damage she caused. She is a nut case and should be stripped of her awards.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

Several years ago Dr. Kajander came my clinic as a visiting psychiatrist. I had severe depression and only had a family doctor and was on a wait list for a psychiatrist. It was a terrible experience and was traumatic. I described my symptoms. She indicated in the end that I had major depression and Post Traumatic Stress. She next stated that I needed to "snap out of it" or my husband would leave me. She stated that if she put a gun to my head that she was sure I would be more motivated, implying it was a choice. I left sobbing and immediately told my family doctor. I worked in the social services field and later a client told me a very similar story as to his treatment.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

flag | Submitted December 31, 2012

Please, do not go to this woman. She is an abrasive, unsound mental health 'professional' who will inflict more damage to a patient than they entered her office with. She blamed my struggles on my weight, and literally said "Well, there were no fat people in concentration camps" as a response to my hurt and how being skinny made people happy. What kind of a professional, or even a decent human being, would make a statement like that? She also claimed I was emotionally immature because I did not want to have sex with my boyfriend. This is all of top of having me wait in her office for forty minutes because she was chatting in the hall outside with another doctor about her weekend. I also have not met a single person who's gone to her that does not have a similar horrible tale of her treatment. She is truly one of the worst human beings I know.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2011

completely lacks tact. in other words, she is rude and ignorant.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2011

I was a patient of Dr. Kajander when I was very young. Please if you have children, do not take them to this woman. Her methods were harsh, and completely unhelpful. She did more harm than good. I am appalled that this woman was allowed into this field.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2010

I suffered for 25 years because she improperly diagnosed me. I was the victim of emotional and sexual assault by my ex-husband.I got away after a horrendous sexual assault.Her husband was my ex- husband's lawyer. I was in a state of shock when I went to her alone.She never even asked if I was dating or married. Later I found in my file that she had gone back to her notes from when I first saw her and stated that my ex-husband found it really hard to live with me. This woman is a quack.How did she know what my ex-husband felt unless she spoke to him or her lawyer husband about my ex-husband?Needless to say, she never sent me for sexual assault counselling and negated to diagnose my Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.Because of her I suffered needlessly 25 years before being heard and getting the help she should have given me. I'm offended she would believe a man who sexually assaulted his wife, sodomized her, beat her and attempted to kill her.I'm disgusted.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2010