Ratings for Dr. Timothy Cheang

WOW what can I say Dr. Cheang was the best most professional in performing my surgery and making me feel comfortable at was to happen during my bowel surgery. His surgery team makes you feel at ease during the procedure and his bed side manner is excellent can say enough about Dr.Cheang thank you

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

Dr Cheang and his staff are the best I have ever encountered. They are very kind and knowledgeable. Dr. Cheang took the time to answer my questions and he listened to me. One of the best doctors I have ever met, had my surgery yesterday and the entire team was very understanding snd patient. His office staff are simply the best.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

I was seen by Dr Cheang yesterday for my Hemorrhoids. Extremely pleasant and took his time to explain the entire procedure. Very fortunate to have met him. Remon Shekeib-Agia

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Dr. Cheang, took the time to explain all the questions that I had. Reviewed with me all the risks and benefits of surgery and made sure that I understood everything. He is one of the best doctors that I have ever met, what a blessing he is. I am so thankful for his care.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Dr. Cheang performed my first surgery. I had a mastectomy (breast cancer). From the moment I met him, he advised me in a very professional manner but also was very caring. I felt confident that I was in good hands and he didn't let me down. Keep up the great work!

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Dr Cheang removed a Lymph node from my groin. I have had no pain, bruising,swelling after. Amazing work by him and his team.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2016

After a bad experience with medical care at Markham Stouffville hospital I met Dr Cheang. He spent over an hour explains what had happened to me. Up to that point, I was lucky to get five minutes of a doctor's time. Am very impressed.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I only WISH I had the experience that most of this reviewers here had. I just got back from my post surgery follow up appointment (for a Hernia) with Dr. Cheang and after I told him that I was still having pains at the hernia site, he looked at me very perplexed as the "so called" hernia he fixed was no where near the original site of the hernia. His response, "Oh you must have had two hernias, I have detailed notes here of what I repaired in surgery...I am sorry my mistake". Another hernia? Really? I showed you where it was, my family doctor explained where it was in the referral, how did I come out from surgery with the same issue I went in with and a new scar as a parting gift. I would agree with everyone here saying his demeanor is happy, but don't be fooled by a nice smile. Heck a shady used car dealer will smile at you all day long until you buy their lemon. I should have known something was up when in our initial meeting he spent maybe 10 minutes talking to me about the surgery and maybe a minute examining me. The second interaction was at the hospital just about to go in for surgery and he sat down for 30 secs and asked "do you have any additional questions before going in?" Additional questions? You didn't really give me time to ask original questions. My total awake time spent interacting with Dr. Cheang who is about to cut me open was a total of about 10 mins. That doesn't sound like great bed side manner to me. One reviewer here said Dr. Cheang was with them after the surgery explaining the to do's, I never saw him at all until this follow up appointment. I will say it was very funny when he looked me dead in the eye and said, "...I can understand if you want to get a different surgeon." You think!? And to top it off, his secretary's people skills are the worst. You walk into his office and she sits behind her desk with a sing that says and I quote, "Be Nice or Leave!". Do you ever think it is your not so sunny disposition that have people reacting to you that way. She couldn't even take the one sec to look at me in my face when talking to me. In case you are wondering, yes I do have to go and have an additional surgery and no I will not be returning to see Dr.Cheang. My guess is he isn't going to miss me since he probably has already been paid from OHIP To anyone reading this who thinks this is a rant, it isn't. It's the truth. Ask him, then you decide whether you want Dr. Cheang performing your surgery.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

I just did an umbilical Hernia surgery yesterday and Dr Cheang is my surgeon. Firstly, my daughter was in the hall way and told me that she saw DR. Cheang. I asked her how did she know it was him and she said he was smiling and had a pleasant personality and she remembered me mentioning that. The surgery went well. He gave me time to ask any questions and responded to my concerns, and he was smiling and jovial as usual. He made sure that he met with me before I was discharge for the day and went over the do's and don'ts. He also ensured that I was felling well enough to go home and my pain level was tolerable. Frankly, I am not sure what medication was in the IV, but at that time I was pain free. I am now taking the prescription pain killer and I am pain free as well. When I met him at his office in a laughing manner he helped to reassured me that I will be okay, because he knew how fearful I was about doing a surgery for the first time. He is an amazing doctor and I would recommend him to anyone. I do agree with the other person that he has a very professional bedside manner and his smile is contagious and is a part of the holistic healing process in itself. Shirley Hyre

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

My husband had some major surgery in July 2015 Absolutely NO complaints Dr Cheang is a highly skilled amazing surgeon with a very professional bedside manor and a smile that would make anyone feel better. And he has an amazing secretary that is also very skilled at her job. We couldn't have been happier with absolutely everything. Awesome Job Dr Cheang. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015